Chapter Seventeen

I Only See You

“Here, I want you to make sure he eats all of it too,” the shy boy said, shoving the plastic container with some yellowish looking liquid moving around in it into Kyuhyun’s hands. “And don’t even think about pouring it out or feeling threatened by my cooking compared to yours.”

Glaring at the boy and almost snarling, Kyuhyun jerked the container from the boy, “Fine, besides why would I feel threatened when he said he loved me yesterday,” Kyuhyun said proudly as he threw a smirk at the little midget.

Ryeowook’s eyes widened at first, but then shrugged it off, “I thought the only relationship between you two was the screwing you two did in class. Are you sure you weren’t imagining things yesterday?”

Mentally picturing himself dumping the contents of the container on the boy’s head and then wrapping his hands around that throat and squeezing it, Kyuhyun shook his head, fighting against the urge, “I’m sure I wasn’t imagining it. Why? Were you hoping he said it to you?”

Sighing, Ryeowook rolled his eyes, “For the last time, you brat, I’m not gay! And I don’t want your man!”

“Still, you might change your mind and—”

“And what? Break up with my girlfriend and try to steal Mr. Kim? Get over yourself, Kyuhyun, I like Mr. Kim, I do, he’s one of my favorite teachers and a friend, but that’s it. Save yourself the worry or you’ll start getting gray hair,” Ryeowook spat.

“Why you little—” Kyuhyun started but the two were quickly interrupted by a confused Eunhyuk walking up to the lunch table.

“Wow, wow, you two, calm down or else I’ll tell your precious Mr. Kim all about you two fighting over him,” Eunhyuk teased, sitting down before waving over a hesitance brown haired boy.

Ryeowook rolled his eyes while Kyuhyun scowled at his best friend, his glare lightened though once he saw Donghae approaching. He looked nervous, but Kyuhyun figured that was because he probably saw him and Ryeowook arguing. Not to mention, Kyuhyun had only been introduced to Donghae a few times in the past. Mostly due to Donghae being shy and him and Eunhyuk usually met in secret.

“Oh, hey, Donghae. Long time no see,” Kyuhyun waved as soon as the boy sat down at the table beside Eunhyuk.

Ryeowook nodded towards the brown haired boy before scowling at the blonde, “We weren’t fighting over Mr. Kim. Kyuhyun’s just scared that I’m going to try and take the man away from him with my cooking skills.”

Kyuhyun started to say it but Donghae’s voice beat him to it, “Well cooking is the way to a man’s heart.” To which Kyuhyun pointed at Donghae while looking at Ryeowook smugly.

“I’m surrounded by idiots,” the shy boy muttered to himself, “You already said that he said he loved you, right? So if he loved you despite your cooking skills then why would he stop just because of my cooking? And as I’ve stated before, I’m not gay! Now excuse me, I’m going to enjoy my girlfriend’s company,” Ryeowook spat, but just before he stood up from the table, he glared at Kyuhyun, “You better make sure he gets that soup, it’ll help him over the flu a lot faster.” Without waiting for a response from the scowling boy, Ryeowook got up and walked away from the three to join the light brown haired girl standing in the lunch line.

“So Mr. Kim’s got the flu? That’s why he hasn’t been at school?” Eunhyuk questioned.

Kyuhyun shook his head, “No, he was curled up in his bed, crying over that idiot, but I didn’t want to tell Ryeowook that so I said he had the flu.”

Eunhyuk nodded slowly, “Oh, well how is he now? I have no doubt that you’re staying with him now that you know his address.”

“He’s getting better, I got him last night to confess to me that he loves me,” Kyuhyun grinned to himself before he remembered that Donghae was sitting there at the table. He slapped his hand over his mouth and threw a panicked expression towards Eunhyuk, motioning towards Donghae.

Chuckling at his best friend, Eunhyuk shook his head, “He knows. I told him—”

“You told him?! No one else was supposed to know!”

Rolling his eyes, Eunhyuk sighed, “Donghae wouldn’t tell anyone, besides we both have blackmail worthy information on both of us. If he or I were to tell anyone about your relationship with Mr. Kim then you could tell our parents about mine and Donghae’s relationship. But as best friends, we wouldn’t screw each other over like that, right?”

Kyuhyun nodded, “Yeah, you’re right; by the way, you still haven’t told your parents about your relationship?”

The couple shook their heads; Donghae spoke up, “No, with all the health problems Appa is having right now, I don’t want to say anything to cause more problems for Umma.”

“But I think your father knows something’s going on, Donghae,” Eunhyuk glanced at Kyuhyun before turning towards Donghae, “When we went to visit him, I told him you were a dear friend to me, and after you left the room, he asked that if anything happened to him if I would take care of you.”

Donghae seemed to get quieter after that, Kyuhyun noted, which was really odd since the boy was usually quiet anyway, well, now anyway with the problems that his father was having. “Do… do you think he’d be okay with us?”

Eunhyuk shrugged, “I don’t know, he seemed like he would be, but I really don’t know.”

“Maybe you two could talk to him about the possibility? Just get his viewpoint of it before you go confessing,” Kyuhyun suggested because he really didn’t want his best friend’s parents to reject him nor did he want Donghae’s parents to reject either of them just because they loved each other.

The couple stared at each other for a moment, Kyuhyun saw their hesitance and he was about to speak up and say they didn’t have to pay attention to what he said, but a small smile came across Donghae’s face.

“I could do that. If the odds are in our favor, will you be with me when I tell him?” Donghae asked Eunhyuk.

Kyuhyun almost wanted to fade away from the table when he saw Eunhyuk nod and smile fondly at the brown haired boy, their hands intertwining with the other’s, “Of course, I’ll stand by you.”

It seemed like the two were having a moment so Kyuhyun averted his attention back to his tray of food and slowly started eating his lunch. If there was anything more awkward than his comforting people, it was being around other people being all lovey-dovey with each other. He couldn’t handle that.

“So Kyuhyun, when are you going to tell your parents that you’re seeing an old man?” Eunhyuk’s voice brought his gaze back up to the two. A glare and snarl directed right at the blonde haired boy.

“Yah! He’s not an old man!”

Donghae quietly chuckled while Eunhyuk simply rolled his eyes, grinning, “No, but when are you? Or are you even going to?”

Shrugging, Kyuhyun’s gaze returned to his tray, “Whenever he thinks I’m old enough for to tell anyone. I told him we could after I get into college. Besides, Appa and Umma won’t care either way as long as I keep up my studies. You know how they are.”

Eunhyuk sighed, “Yeah, I do. Well since they won’t care, are you two going to keep it a secret from his parents? They won’t technically have to know that you’re one of his students.”

That made Kyuhyun wonder. It was true that they wouldn’t have to tell Jongwoon’s parents about the part of him being the man’s student. Unless, of course, they bring up careers, and then what could Kyuhyun say? He could lie to the man’s parents and say that he was a business man but that would be lying to his future mother and father-in-laws and he didn’t want to get off on the wrong tracks with them. Those two people made the man he loved; he didn’t want to lie to them.

“Eh, he’ll probably want to wait until after I’m in college for that too. Besides, we’re supposed to be taking it slow now anyway.”

“Ah, so no more right now?” Eunhyuk asked casually, to which, made Donghae choke on his chocolate milk. The blonde quickly started patting the boy’s back as he coughed.

Kyuhyun quickly handed over some napkins to Donghae as he scowled at Eunhyuk and replied, “Yeah, no . So I’ve tried talking him into going out on a date instead. He hasn’t said yes yet, but I’m still hounding him on it. Are you okay, Donghae?” He asked once the boy had regained his composure and started wiping his teary and red eyes from coughing.

The light brown haired boy nodded weakly, “Y-Yeah.” He laughed lightly, “I forget how bluntly Eunhyuk and you talk to each other.”

That made the two chuckle, “Well, we don’t beat around the bush.”

“That’s true,” Eunhyuk grinned, “But if you’re looking for a good place for a date, where you two won’t be found out, there’s a nice pizza place that Donghae and I go to all the time. You could try going there...”

And with the more that Eunhyuk told Kyuhyun about the place, the more that the boy was brewing up a plan to drag the man he loved out to it for their first date.

 

 

 

“Where are we going, Kyuhyun? Seriously, you should be going home right now and doing your homework,” Jongwoon stated as the brown haired boy dragged him down the sidewalk by his wrist held firmly in the boy’s grasp.

“You still owe me a dinner for that one night that got ruined by that idiot, so you can treat me now,” the boy grinned back at the man and before he allowed Jongwoon’s mood to damper with the memories of that idiot, he quickly added, “And its Friday, hyung, so no homework for the weekend.”

Jongwoon rolled his eyes, “Nice try, Kyuhyun, but I know Mrs. Park always assigns something for her students to do over the weekend.”

Giving up on his lie about the homework, Kyuhyun sighed, “Fine, hyung, I have a three hundred word essay to turn in about some stupid life lesson that I learnt the hard way. But I can do that Sunday, today, I want to spend time together, just the two of us.”

“We already spend time together, Kyuhyun. You’ve been hogging my bed for the past two nights, I’ve even thought about sleeping on the floor because your arms and legs are all over the place when you sleep,” Jongwoon replied, he really hadn’t had a decent night’s sleep with the boy sleeping in his bed, but even though he was complaining, he secretly loved being able to share his bed with the boy. The one he loved.

But what Jongwoon said had Kyuhyun stopping in his tracks, he turned back to the man with wide eyes, “Seriously, hyung? If I’m causing that much of a problem sleeping in your bed then I’ll take the floor. I don’t mean to take up all your bed, I think that’s the reason why as kids, Eunhyuk stopped sharing his bed with me during sleepovers. He always said he either got a bruised rib or a kick to the shin when he slept beside me.”

That statement immediately made the man feel guilty for saying what he did. “Ah, no, Kyuhyun, it’s okay. I, uh, I was just kidding.” His cheeks started heating up as he glanced around to make sure no one was around to hear him, “I, um… I like having, um, you sleep beside me.”

As much as Kyuhyun really wanted to lean forward and press a kiss against those glowing cheeks, he refrained, “You’re sure? I mean, I know I can—”

Jongwoon cut him off, “I’m sure, Kyuhyun, I’m sure.” Quickly he decided to change the subject, just as Kyuhyun looked like he was about to say something else, “So where are you dragging me to?”

“Oh! Oh yeah, for our first date, Eunhyuk suggested a nice little pizza place. That’s where I’m taking you to,” Kyuhyun grinned as he proceeded to pull the man’s wrist again as he was about to start back down the street, but Jongwoon’s resistance stopped him.

“Kyuhyun, we can’t go on dates right now. What if someone sees us? What if someone finds out?”

“Oh come on, hyung,” the boy whined, turning back to the man with a pout, “You said for us to take things slow, this is taking it slow. And even before, I wanted to take you out on dates and give you flowers and treat you like how I see guys treat girls in dramas all the time.”

“Kyuhyun, I’m not a girl, and again, what if someone—”

The student interrupted him, “No one’s going to see us, I found out about the place from Eunhyuk, who is in a ‘secret’ relationship with Donghae. They go there all the time and haven’t been found out. Besides, if anyone sees us, they’ll just think it’s a hyung treating his dongsaeng. No biggie.” Kyuhyun grinned at him, hopeful that the man would stop resisting and continue on being dragged down the street until they found the place.

Jongwoon stared at the boy’s grin for a moment, doubts going through his head but finally, he sighed, “Okay.”

After a few more blocks, Kyuhyun finally found the place. It did look like a nice place from the outside, and as soon as he opened the door for Jongwoon, and breathing in the smell of pizza, his mouth watered. The inside of the restaurant looked like any other restaurant that he’d been to before, but there was only two servers behind the counter, and only a few other people seated at the tables throughout the place. The lighting was dim but not dark enough to where they couldn’t see anything, but it was perfect to Kyuhyun, and he hoped that it would be perfect for Jongwoon. Especially with it being their first ‘official’ date.

“Wow, well, it is nice,” Jongwoon commented on the interior as Kyuhyun led him to a table in the corner, away from the other customers.

“Yeah, I can’t wait to taste how their pizzas are because the smell of them is already making me hungry,” Kyuhyun replied, looking over the menu on the table.

The two had already started picking out what they wanted off the menu by the time a tall blonde haired waiter with a dimpled smile approached the table. “Hello, I’m Leeteuk, and I’ll be your server today. Have you decided what you’d like?”

Nodding, Kyuhyun gave the man his order and then turned towards Jongwoon, while the teacher just looked nervous. He stumbled through his order. The waiter, Leeteuk, gave the two a small sympathetic smile before nodding and returning to the counter to give the other man their orders.

“Hyung? Are you okay?” Kyuhyun asked, reaching across the table to grasp the man’s hand, to which Jongwoon quickly pulled it back, out of the boy’s reach.

The teacher looked around nervously, “You’re sure we won’t get caught?”

Chuckling quietly to himself, Kyuhyun shook his head, “Of course we won’t, hyung, but it will make it look more suspicious with you acting all nervous. Besides, I picked a corner for us, there aren’t any windows around, and the other people are seated at the tables away from ours. The only person that we’ll be interacting with is Leeteuk, our waiter.”

Jongwoon sighed, “I know, you’re right. I just… I just—”

“You worry, I know, but trust me, hyung, we’re going to be okay,” Kyuhyun smiled softly at the man. When Jongwoon smiled back at him, Kyuhyun voiced the one curiosity that had been going through his head since he decided to drag Jongwoon out on their first date. “So… what do people do on their first date?”

That question had the man laughing, “You don’t know? Didn’t you admit that you watched dramas? Shouldn’t you know from that?”

Kyuhyun shook his head, “Not really, usually when those people went out on dates, they talked about whatever problems they had or the situations that they’re in. Or they just introduced themselves and then they had split scenes where the two are laughing then something dramatic happens and that starts up the whole plot.”

“Hmm, that sounds like some odd but interesting dramas,” Jongwoon noted.

“We could watch them together sometime, if you want, I really like the historical drama Jumong. It’s pretty good,” Kyuhyun grinned.

Jongwoon shrugged, smiling, “We could do that one weekend. It’d be putting the TVs that I have to use. Other than watching the occasional movie, I haven’t really used my televisions all that much.”

“Wow, well, I’m always running my TV at home, either with watching dramas or playing video games. We could even play video games too; of course, don’t get mad at me if I beat you every time we play though,” Kyuhyun stated, triumphantly, he was an excellent gamer after all.

Chuckling, Jongwoon waved it off, “I’ll leave the video games to you then, Kyuhyun, my brother used to try and get me to play with him all the time. He’d wipe the floor with me on every game.”

“Ha! I bet I could beat him though,” Kyuhyun retorted, proudly.

“You probably could,” Jongwoon shrugged.

“Will I get to? One day in the future, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked, hesitantly.

Jongwoon’s gaze lowered from the boy’s to the table, while they were talking, he had almost forgotten about their situation and age difference. But Kyuhyun asked, one day in the future. However far into the future that’d be, well, they’d work it out later on. But he wondered how it would be to let the boy meet his family. He wondered what his mother and father would say to him and what they’d think of the two being together.

He also wondered how Kyuhyun’s parents would react, and if they would be more mindful of the matter than Kyuhyun believed his parents to be.

“Y-Yeah, some day in the future,” Jongwoon replied, but it didn’t look like Kyuhyun was completely convinced that the man would follow through with it.

So instead, the boy simply stated something that had Jongwoon spewing out the water he was just began to take a sip of. “Well, if anything, I’ll surely meet them when we say our vows.”

“Wh-what?!” The man exclaimed, which only made Kyuhyun’s grin grow.

His grin slowly turned into a knowing smirk, “That’s right, hyung, if you don’t let me meet them before we get married to get their blessing, well; I’m not going to be mean and not invite them to our wedding. Surely, they’d want to come to their oldest son’s ceremony, wouldn’t they?”

Jongwoon coughed, his cheeks turning red at Kyuhyun’s words, “Wha—we’re not—you’re kidding—”

“It won’t be any time soon, hyung, like we’ve already talked about, but when the time’s right, I’ll go down on one knee, with a ring, and ask you to marry me,” Kyuhyun grinned again. He loved every minute of this, watching the man become so flustered in front of him, watching those cheeks turn so red that he almost thought they’d start pouring blood. But he was serious, one day, he was planning on asking Jongwoon to marry him. It may be a few years on down the line but nothing and no one was going to change his mind. He had found the man that he loved, the man that he wanted nothing more than to be with.

And he could only hope and pray that Jongwoon felt the same way.

So to cut off the man’s senseless babbling that was really just a stuttering mess for the flustered man, Kyuhyun leaned forward, reached across the table, and silenced the man with a kiss. Kyuhyun was about to deepen it, but the sounds of someone clearing their throat quickly parted the two. Their eyes both widened when they saw their waiter, Leeteuk, standing at their table, their orders on a tray in his hands. But what surprised the two was the fact that the man was smiling at the two.

Jongwoon glanced down at his hands in his lap as the waiter placed his order in front of him, his cheeks still red from embarrassment, while Kyuhyun’s cheeks flushed but he wondered why the man wasn’t saying anything, just smiling, as if he knew something that they didn’t.

Just as Leeteuk finished placing their orders down, he bent down to whisper to the brown haired boy, “My husband over there,” he waved towards the tall, stout black haired man behind the counter that was talking to another customer, “wants to know… if we could get an invitation to you two’s wedding. Whenever it’ll be, of course. We’ll even cater, free of charge.”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as the waiter simply winked at him, while Jongwoon buried his head in his hands. He couldn’t believe that the two that owned the shop was married, both being men, and the fact that they thought him and Kyuhyun were getting married?! But then he realized, as he heard the waiter’s footsteps retreating from the table, he looked after the man, Leeteuk, he didn’t comment at all on Kyuhyun or Jongwoon’s ages. He didn’t say anything about Kyuhyun being too young from him nor that he was too old for Kyuhyun.

The teacher looked over at the boy that had wiggled his wicked way into the man’s heart. Maybe their relationship wouldn’t be so bad to have. He couldn’t exactly shout it from the rooftops just yet that he loved Kyuhyun, but he could spend moments like this with the boy, and the casual observer didn’t have to know about their age differences or the fact that the man was the boy’s teacher. At least, no one that knew both of them, anyway.

Kyuhyun quickly recovered from his astonishment at the waiter’s question, his gaze finding Jongwoon’s, and a thought popped into his head as he smirked at the man. “So now you’ll have to say yes to my proposal when I pop the question, hyung.”