August 31st, 2013

I marry you... today... and for ever more

Shinhwa’s own fashionista Lee Minwoo is the first to arrive at Gaepan. He kisses his Youngmi Nuna hello and goes directly into the private room booked for tonight's Shingathering. It’s their first full-team meeting after a 4-week break from their last album promo and group activities. Sure they had gatherings and group activities before, like at Minwoo’s birthday party followed by Junjin’s and Running Man guesting. But one or two members were always missing.

Minwoo quickly settles in at his favorite spot on the semi-circle maroon velvet sofa, takes out his phone and sends a message to the chat group: Your host's already arrived... Now get your dumb asses out here... STAT!

Fifteen minutes later, the two youngest members of the group, Junjin and Andy—or better known as JinDy--come into the room giggling like newlyweds, almost ignoring the 'host'.

"Waah~ Looks like somebody had a great holiday..." Minwoo remarks.

"Oh, Minwoo Hyuuuuuung..." Both maknaes scream and glomp their cute small hyung, then attack him with kisses.

"Hahaha..Yah! Yah! Staaahp!" Minwoo squirms in his cheeky dongsaengs' arms.

"Yah! Quit foolin' around you silly kids!" Shin Hyesung, Shinhwa’s main vocalist, unexpectedly enters the room mommy-mode-on, but then joins in the fun much to Minwoo's horror. Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!.. Smooches and laughter fill the entire 30-square-meter room.

"Yah! I knowh... youh... guys... hmissed meeh... that muchh, ... buth... I'm dhy...ying heeere...hgh... hgh..." Minwoo manages to scream with whatever’s left in his lungs. Luckily, it works, and his three attackers disperse and take their own seats. All four are panting with flushed faces from struggling and too much laughing. They’re clearly happy to see each other again.

 

Minwoo takes several gulps of his drink before asking JinDy, "Yah... So where did you punks go for vacation?"

"Haha… I bet you'd never guessed it." Andy replies with a smug, backed up by Junjin's meaningful smirk.

"Okay, lemme guess… You followed Wannie, didn't you? You two stalked him all the way to New Zealand, didn't you?" Now Minwoo’s got the smug.

Wide-eyed, Junjin asks, "Whoa! How did you know? Did Wannie Hyung tell you? Wait, that means he knows we were following him?"

"I didn't at first." Kim Dongwan, currently the busiest member, suddenly appears out of nowhere and nearly gives JinDy heart attacks.

"So, Hyung, how did you find out, then?" Curiosity and amazement are clearly heard in Andy's voice.

Dongwan looked at Junjin with a huge grin on his face, saying, ”That kid's perfume. I could smell it from a mile away." And all five of them burst out laughing.

 

An hour has passed, and the leader of the pack finally arrives in a pair of gray sweatpants and his favorite red hoodie. Minwoo’s the first to 'greet' him, "Yah~ You bastard! Why are you so late, huh?"

To which Eric casually answers, "I'm always late, aren't I?"

“And I always ask, don’t I?” Minwoo quickly replies, implying that it was a rhetorical question he has asked.

Everybody chuckle and start glomping their leader one after another, except for, of course, Eric’s AFF (Awkward Friend Forever), Hyesung.