The Unexpected

Bad Love

Mr. Lee was humiliated by his son, Lee Jonghyun, also known as the CEO of Lee Corp. Jonghyun really didn’t want to take his deal. He asked him to leave Yoona and brought the little Jonghyun to live together in their house but seemed like he chose her over him. If the situation went back to the time when he’s still in high school, perhaps he could still threat him with something that can make him down. However, it couldn’t be applied lately. Jonghyun had 50% stock of the company. It made him more powerful than before. Sometimes Mr. Lee regretted his decision to share the stocks between him, Lee Jonghyun, and Jihyun. He felt that his son was changing into someone he couldn’t accept.

 

Jonghyun dared to bring the little Jonghyun publicly. As a result, almost all the newspaper made it as The Hot Issue. Mr. Lee felt disgusted to see all the newspapers about his son on his table. He wanted to do something, anything to prevent the news became worse. He already had a plan to make him obeyed his rules and would do it soon. He quickly grabbed his cellphone, calling his loyal assistant, Mr. Park Kwanghee.

“Kwanghee, where is Lee Jonghyun now?”, he asked him.

Someone was talking through the phone, “He’s on the way to the office, Sir”

“And Yoona’s house?

“I’ve been reported that she and her maid are in the house, also a few securities”, Mr. Park reported.

Mr. Lee felt that there is a hollow there. He remained silent for a while, to think about something.

“Where is the little Jonghyun?”, he asked again, finally remembering the empty part.

“He is with your son, Sir”

“What???”, he said in disbelief, making sure that he didn’t hear it wrong, “on the way to the office?”

“Ye”

He cursed inside. Once again Jonghyun made him angry. He really wanted to punch his face so that he can realize what he’s done. But Mr. Lee suddenly grinned, something popped out inside his head, “It’s not bad actually. Go to her house and do the plan”, he ordered and turned off the phone.

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun brought his son to the office. As if he didn’t care about the news, didn’t care about what people are talking about his life. Everyone at the office were gazing and mumbling when he entered his room with his son. He carried him into the office, putting him on the sofa in front of his desk.

“Uncle, why are we here? Where are we?”, little Jonghyun asked. Jonghyun smiled as he approached him on his sofa, ruffling his hair.

“This is my office. I have to sign some documents first, after this we’ll eat some ice cream and buy a gift for mommy. Is it ok for you?”, he said while caressing his cheeks. He nodded his head. He suddenly smiled and became so excited. Jonghyun then back to his desk and smiled while signing the documents. Their attention was disturbed when someone suddenly entered his room.

“There you are”, a hoarse voice echoed in the room. Jonghyun knew the voice. He looked at his guest while moving his body closer to little Jonghyun. Whereas, little Jonghyun looked so confused while gripping Jonghyun’s trousers. “What do you want?”, he said coldly. It’s actually Mr. Lee. He smirked looking at Jonghyun’s reaction.

“I cannot meet my grandson?”, he , creating a fist on Jonghyun’s left hand. Mr. Lee then approached the little Jonghyun. Little Jonghyun blinked his eyes while his hand now holding Jonghyun’s hand.

“He really looks like you”, Mr. Lee stared at his eyes, suddenly ruffled little Jonghyun’s hair. “You are handsome, what’s your name, boy?”, he pretended to not know his name. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes.

“Im Jonghyun”, little Jonghyun replied innocently. Mr. Lee smirked once again, trying to mock little Jonghyun but he’s too young to understand. Jonghyun observed his move. “You’re not Im. You’re Lee Jonghyun”, he smiled evilly, “You have the same name with your father” Jonghyun widened his eyes. His feeling was actually right. His father is a crazy man who ruins everything. Little Jonghyun hasn’t figured the truth out yet but his father wanted to reveal it one by one. But he’s not ready. Little Jonghyun even didn’t know his name! He just called him “Uncle”. The statement made little Jonghyun confused.

“You haven’t told him the truth yet?”, Mr. Lee asked him as natural as he could. As if he didn’t know what he’s asking for. Jonghyun was so angry but he tried to control it in front of his son.

He smiled forcefully, “Soon”

“Really?”, he then looked at little Jonghyun once again, “nice to meet you. I’m your grandfather”, he offered his hand and naively little Jonghyun did shaking hand with him. Jonghyun quickly grabbed his father hand, trying to send him out without being lack of manner in front of little Jonghyun. He made his father away from his son and whispered, “Look, don’t you dare touch my son and Yoona. I know you’ll do something bad to them”

“Why can’t i? I’m his biological grandfather, aren’t i?”, he and smiled. Jonghyun’s face became stiff. It’s true truthfully. It’s the fact but he couldn’t let him hurt his soon-to-be-family. Mr. Lee laughed softly while tapping his shoulder, “I’m leaving. Enjoy your time as much as you can”.

Damn it! He’ll do something bad to me! He thought. It’s like a clue for Jonghyun. When he thought about his father statement, Mr. Lee already left the room.

 

***

 

Jonghyun couldn’t concentrate the whole day. He left the office at noon with little Jonghyun and brought a big present for Yoona. Then they went to the ice cream café near his high school. Little Jonghyun became so excited and happy because of a big cup of vanilla ice cream. But, Jonghyun felt so anxious. He had a bad feeling but he didn’t know what. He believed his father gave him a clue back then but it’s unreachable.

 

He remained silent until little Jonghyun said something.

“Uncle, who’s the old man in your room?”, he asked him. Jonghyun knew that he’s asking about his father. Jonghyun smiled, didn’t know how to say.

“Is he really my grandfather?”, Jonghyun became more confused. Im Jonghyun is indeed a curious boy. He kept asking this and that and it, made him hard to open his mouth.

“What’s your name, uncle?”, before Jonghyun could open his mouth, his son already asked another question, “Should we buy this for mommy? It’s so delicious!”

Jonghyun then smiled, wiping the cream that remained around his lips. “hmm… we have to go home. We’ll go here next moment together with mommy, ok?”

Little Jonghyun nodded his head and ate the ice cream faster.

It’s not like he didn’t want to tell him the answer. He just felt worried with Yoona. He really wanted to go home as soon as possible after his conversation with his father but he didn’t want to make his son disappointed. He left her at home with Mrs. Song but it felt strange.

And he didn’t know what it is.

 

After spending the day eating ice cream, they went home. Little Jonghyun went out from the car and entered the house happily. He was calling his mom and Mrs. Song and running inside the room. Jonghyun chuckled looking at his son reaction. When he entered the house,  Jonghyun felt that the house was so different. It’s so quiet and… messy? He looked few tables in the living room were flipped over. He then went to the kitchen, looking for Mrs. Song but she’s nowhere to be found. He then hurriedly went upstairs, going to his room but didn’t find anyone. He also called out little Jonghyun’s name. He went directly to Yoona’s room and he was so shocked. He found the room was so messy. A vase and mirror were broken. He also saw Mrs. Song cried beside her bed with little Jonghyun hugging her. Jonghyun hurriedly approached Mrs. Song.

“What was happened?”, he asked her, demanding her explanation. Mrs. Song wiped her tears with her hands. “Someone took Miss Yoona”

That moment Jonghyun was frozen. His feeling was right. Something bad will happen and Yoona’s gone. He was blank for a moment.

“Who took her?”, he shook her body, couldn’t control his emotion. Mrs. Song shook her head. “They’re five persons in black entered the room. Our securities were out of numbers. Two of them were taking me out and locking me in the bathroom. After that, all I can hear was her screaming and crying I tried to open the door but it’s too late. She’s disappeared”, she explained. Anger, Disbelief, and Sadness crept out inside him. They took Yoona and he believed that his father is the one who arranged this. But there is no clue. All he can see was messy room without any trail of them. He didn’t even know their faces. He couldn’t even think that time. His eyes were out of focus. The feeling is the same when he realized that he took her ity. There’s a hollow inside, so empty, and it’s hurt. So damn hurt.

 

i ran out of idea actually. Also, don't have much time to write because of my job and cannot edit this chapter. So, i'm sorry for the mistakes in this chapter. Enjoy!