o n e

A Different Cinderella Story

WoOhYuN

 

"Hey! Woohyun! Are you bringing anyone to the dance later?" I turned around to face Myungsoo. And behind him, I saw Namjoo. Together, they were double trouble. The misschief-filled twins...also known as, my two very best friends.

"No...why?" I replied.

Namjoo chuckled. "Because your beloved twins were wondering if you wanted to come with them," she said sarcastically.

"IDIOT!" Myungsoo whacked his younger twin playfully on the shoulder. "You didn't tell him which twins you meant! What if he thought you meant..." He shuddered before he continued, "Bomi and Eunji..."

"Yah! Namjoo! Which twins DID you mean?" 

"Us...duh! Anyways...Imma go find Yookyung and leave you guys to get ready and stuff...we'll meet at her house in say...two - three hours?" Namjoo had already left the school before the two of us even agreed with her.

"Aish...do girls really take that long to get ready?" Myungsoo facepalmed. I shrugged and we walked out of the school towards my own house.

 

*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*

 

"No! Whack that! Not that! The spider!" Namjoo's voice could be heard, shrieking from the inside of Yookyung's house.

"Well Woo...you do realise that if the girls are screaming about a little spider...it's going to take longer for them to get ready," Myungsoo sighed and we both entered the house...and boy were we surprised.

"YAH!" Myungsoo screamed.

Namjoo and Yookyung hadn't even gotten changed out of their uniforms. Their eyes were fixated on the plasma screen t.v and were whacking hugemongous bloodied spiders in the game they were playing.

"NAMJOO-AH! GET READY! THE DANCE IS IN HALF AN HOUR!"

Yookyung looked at her watch and her eyes literally jumped out. She showed it to Namjoo and they both ran around the house like maniac's getting ready...and of course...not forgetting their masks.

 

ChOrOnG

 

"If x equals to y times three divided by pi, what is the value of x?" Naeun asked me.

"Uh..." I began to think.

Sungjong rolled his eyes jokingly and tapped his foot impatiently on the ground with his hands on his hips.

"HANG ON A TIC!" I realised. "You didn't even tell me what y was!"

Naeun ruffled my hair. "Stupid...I was telling you that you should hurry up and get your mask before you realise it to late and can't get into the dance."

I ran into the school room and rummaged through all my desk drawers until I finally found it.

"CHORONGIE! HURRY UP! THE BUS IS LEAVING SOON!" Naeun yelled and I ran and jumped onto the bus.

As soon as it started moving, the noise level rose immediately.

"I hope that there'll be good-looking guys at the dance!" I heard Suzy squeal.

"YAH! Suzy-ah!" Sungjong called out to her and she turned around. "Aren't I good looking?"

Naeun and I tried to muffle our snickers but unfortunately, it wasn't enough.

"Naeun-ah! Chorongie!" He warned.

"Jong-oo!" Naeun mimicked and smiled teasingly.

Seeing another one of their tiny arguments brewing, I tried to break it up. "You wouldn't even be able to tell if they're good looking or not. They're wearing masks for chicken feet's sake."

A predicted diva-ish 'hmph' came from Sungjong before he turned back and slumped in his bus seat in front of us.

Naeun giggled beside me but then she remembered something. "Chorongie...how did you even get here? Wouldn't your step-mum have banned you from going?"

I nodded. "But then she realised that we had to wear masks...and she made the twins decide which one they'd use and which one that I would use. Hence the reason why I was stuck with that wooden dinosaur one. Oh right! Sungjong! Thanks for this purple butterfly mask! Who ever knew that you had this lying around your home..."

Sungjong waved his hand in the air, showing he accepted my thanks.

Wanting to start trouble again, Naeun tapped his head. "Why DID you have a purple butterfly mask in your house anyway? You're an only child and your parents don't seem like the type to have that."

It was quite easy to tell that Sungjong started to fume.

"It's because he's my very own fairy godmother," I grinned.

"Thank you Cho," His facial expression showed he was pleased.

Naeun realised what I said JUST before Sungjong did and high-fived me.

When Sungjong DID understand, he grabbed at his hair in frustration and groaned as he mumbled. "This is gonna be a long ride..."


Hi! Mia / dream-potato here! This was the first chapter... Sorry if it didn't live up to your expectations or was way too short. Anyways...please subscribe or comment and enjoy :)