Final

Heartbeat

Yoseob had locked himself in his room, crying his heart out from behind the closed door, thinking that the door helped conceal his sobs but every member heard the pitiful sounds. They cringed at the sound, each debating who should try to get inside this time. When Junhyung and Kikwang had failed to bring Yoseob out, Doojoon volunteered himself and everyone shoed him out of the room.

Doojoon cautiously approached the door that concealed the blond and knocked on the wood, calling out, “Yoseob, can I come in?”

Yoseob’s voice cracked as he replied, “Doojoon, is no one else with you?”

Doojoon leaned on the frame, sighing and running a hand through his short hair, “Yeah, I’m alone.”

The door inched open to reveal Yoseob standing in the doorway, his hair a mess, his cheeks flushed, and his eyes bloodshot. He moved to the side, his eyes connecting with the floor, “Come in.”

Doojoon entered the tidy room and Yoseob closed the door behind him. He turned around, his mouth open as he was about to say something when the younger member flung himself into Doojoon’s arm.

Yoseob gasped through his sobs, “Doojoon…I can’t…I just.”

Doojoon cut him off, wrapping his arms around the smaller body, “Shh…don’t talk right now. It’s gonna be alright.” He slowly led Yoseob back to the bunk beds, crawling on the bottom bed with Yoseob still in his arms.

Yoseob clung to Doojoon’s shirt, sobbing uncontrollably into the fabric as his whole body shook with his shuddering breaths. He felt Doojoon start to rock back and forth, the movement soothing him almost instantly. His sobbing died down to a quiet sniffle or two with 20 minutes, refusing to leave the elder’s warm embrace.

Doojoon leaned back, using the wall to rest on, “Feeling better?”

Yoseob nodded, his eyes closed and his cheek on Doojoon’s chest. He hummed, “Yeah, thanks.”

Doojoon shifted, ready to get up and return to the living room but Yoseob whined cutely, “Noooo, please don’t move. I’m comfortable hyung.” He couldn’t contain his smile as Yoseob nuzzled into his chest some more and let out a purr like sound. He placed a kiss on top of the blond mat, hearing the sigh escape the visual maknae’s lips.

Yoseob leaned back, staring up at Doojoon with his big brown eyes before placing a tender kiss on his lips. He blushed and quickly returned to his position before, mumbling something along the lines of idiot or thick head.