01

Married To A Complete Stranger

A cold gush of air glided past me, down a quaint street in Busan.

I couldn’t smile; I just couldn’t even with my family around me.

My older sister nudged me, causing me to look up.

But, within a flash, they were gone. I looked around, and they were nowhere to be found.

Along the street was a trail of blood.

It leads me to a small shack in the back of someone’s house.

Three bloody bags laid there in the corner.

I stepped forward to investigate, but before I made it,

Another gush of air glided past me. I looked down to find blood soaking my jacket.

I looked behind me to see who it was,

But I lost consciousness,                 

And I was sure I had died.

 

I sat up from my bed and forced my eyes open. The ringing of my alarm clock echoed around my apartment. I looked over to my clock to check the time.

6:45. Damn, I’m late.

I scrambled off my bed and towards the bathroom. I grabbed a random outfit, shoved it on, and ran over to the sink. I looked up into the mirror and saw how red and puffy my face looked, not to mention the tears that were still in my eyes.

I rubbed my eyes and washed my face. There was a picture sitting next to the sink. It was taken 11 years ago, before that night.

Stupid dreams.

I’m constantly reminded of that night. That was the night where my family died. Minjung, Mom, Dad; they all died the same way. Kidnapped and murdered while I managed to escape.

Sometimes, I wish I never escaped. Sometimes, I wish I had died with them, just so I don’t have to remember it.

“Minhee-ah,” a faint voice whispered into my ear.

I snapped my head up. I realized that I was crying again, and I couldn’t help but cry more. Almost every day I go through this routine. I’m just so surprised at how I haven’t run out of tears.

“MINHEE!” the voice was even closer and much louder.

I turn my head to see Eunji, my roommate, standing in the door frame.

“You’re hogging the bathroom! Stop your damn crying and get ready. We should really get to school soon. Don’t wanna miss your first day,” she scolded. I nodded, and as soon as she left, I started smiling. Our love-hate relationship is the closest thing I had towards a friend. I’ve never trusted people, let alone talk to them since I’m just the shyest person on Earth.

 

In a matter of minutes, I was done and ready to head out the door.

“Come on, Eunji!” I called as I slung my backpack over my shoulder.

“YAH! Be formal! I’m older than you, you know!” she lightly smacked my shoulder, a smile faintly noticeable.

“By a year!”

“Didn’t your parents teach you mann-,” she trailed off, covering as she realized what she said. “Minhee, I’m so sorry.”

I raised my eyebrows. “About what?”

“I didn’t mean to mention your parents.”

“Really?” I gave her a smile, “I’m stronger than you think. A simple mention won’t hurt me at all. I thought you’d figure that out by now.” I grabbed her backpack off the couch and passed it over to her. I opened the door and motioned for Eunji to go out first. “Now let’s get to school.”

 

Being the new kid stinks. Now that I’ve been moved to Seoul, arranged to live on campus, and enrolled in the middle of the semester, I’ve gotten weird looks from other people.

I walked into the front building, and I have to say that the place was huge. Any person could get lost. I started to walk around, looking for the office.

“Ma’am?” a soft voice from behind me asked. “Do you need assistance?”

I turned around to face a small middle-aged woman, who was shorter than me, despite my own small size. “Yes, I do,” I replied back, bowing 90 degrees. “I need to know where the main office is. I need my schedule.”

The lady laughed. “You have wandered way too far. That was in the front of this building. You’re in the back, where all of the lounges are.”

I let out an awkward laugh and rubbed the back of my neck. “Thank you,” I smiled and I bowed again.

The lady smiled back. “You better hurry. First class starts soon.”

I turned around and started to walk fairly fast. It seemed that thousands of teachers and workers passed me in the hall, but maybe I’m just exaggerating. For what seemed like hours, I finally made it to the main office. I approached the secretary with my head down.

“Yes?” the secretary asked.

“Well, I’m a new student and I need my sch-schedule,” I dipped my head lower, embarrassed that I studdered.

“Well, then. What’s your name?”

“Minhee. Park Minhee.”

She looked at her computer monitor and started typing. After this and that, I was handed my schedule.

“I’ll go send a student from your class to go and get you,” the secretary smiled. “Please sit over there and wait patiently please.” I nodded and quickly retreated to the chair closest to the corner.

 

“Park Minhee?” the secretary called.

I raised my head to see a somewhat tall black haired boy standing in front of the secretary. I stood up and walked towards him.

“Ms. Park, this is Jeon Jungkook,” she introduced, “Mr. Jeon, this is Park Minhee. It seems that you both have identical schedules. Mr. Jeon, I hope you do your best to show her around this school.”

I looked at Jungkook, and he just turned his head the other direction, nonchalantly stuffing his hands into his pockets. I reached my hand out for a handshake, and he turned his head and stared at it, hesitantly accepting it.

We both exited the office building and into the actual school campus. This school was definitely a rich school, where as my old school was just average. I really do wonder why I’m forced to go here. My family wasn’t rich at all, except my father’s side, in which I am not close to at all. All of that I am aware of is that my father’s brother is Park Jin Young, founder of JYP Entertainment. I never knew him, he never knew me. He wasn’t even close with my father, yet he has gone through the trouble of sending me to Seoul and even paying for my school tuition.

As we walked down the hallways, I walked right behind Jungkook. The hallways were like a maze, and he was my only guide to get to where I need to be. We approached a classroom that gave off a weird aura. It’s hard to explain, but it just felt weird to be around it.

Class 3B, Mrs. Kim SaRang

We both entered the classroom and I noticed the envious stares I got from the 7 girls that sat in the back row of desks. Jungkook walked over to his desk, leaving me in front of everyone.

I let out a small whimper when I met with everyone’s gaze. I had stage fright. I immediately stood up straight and hid my hands behind my back.

“Ah. You must be the new student,” the Mrs. Kim announced. “Park Minhee, am I correct?” I nodded. “Then please introduce yourself to the class.”

I swallowed the big lump and my throat and met with the gaze of Jungkook, who was intently staring at me. Just for a moment, it felt as if my stage fright had been lifted off of me, but then it came all crashing back.

“H-hello,” I stuttered. “My na-name is Park Mi-Minhee. It’s a pleas-sure to be in this class.” The girls in the back started laughing hysterically as soon as I finished. Mrs. Kim gave them a glare and walked towards the one that was laughing the most.

“YuRi! How rude of you! And- What is this?” she picked up a folded piece of paper from Yuri’s desk. “Why don’t I read it out loud to the class?”

Yuri just gave her a smirk and glanced over to me, who was still standing perfectly straight in the front of the class. “Go ahead.”

Mrs. Kim hesitated, not expecting that answer. She opened up the paper and started reading to herself. Her eyebrows cringed together, and as she finished, she gave another glare towards all of the girls in that row. “Detention for a week starting tomorrow,” she coldly spat. She walked towards her desk and threw the paper in recycling. She turned back to me and forced a smile. “Why don’t you go and sit-,” she scanned the room for an empty seat, and after finding one, she pointed to it, “Right there, next to Mr. Jeon.”

He sat near the back of the classroom near the windows. I started walking towards the empty seat next to him, but then I passed the recycling bin. I looked back to see what Mrs. Kim was doing. She was sitting in her desk writing detention passes for the girls. Without hesitation, I grabbed the note Mrs. Kim had thrown away and retreated to my desk. I opened it up and noticed the crude drawings of weird monsterish looking things around the margins. It read:

Look at that girl. Thinking she can steal Kookie away from us!

She is so ugly hideous! She can’t even accessorize!!!

Minhee is such a weird name!

LOL. She has a stuttering problem!

I bet she’s poor. A nerd that was lucky enough to get into here.

I bet so t

The last one was cut off. I sat there staring at it, and I didn’t notice that Jungkook was reading this too. His face softened as he looked at my expression.

I inhaled deeply as I crumpled the paper and threw it into the bin. Why must people be so cruel?

Now I really wished I had died.

I hope you liked this! Getting some subscribers before I even made a chapter makes me happy. On my first story, I didn't get any until the 2nd chapter TT_TT. BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT :D

My story hasn't gotten into the actually story part, so consider this as a prolouge. Or an intro, if you must.

Also, I apologize if my writing is inadequate to your likings. I'm not the best writer, so please bear with me.

 

-mh-matoki13