My Playground

Adventures of Song JiHyo and Kang Gary

"This new kid has a red belt in taekwondo, is proficient in kung-fu, gullible and weird looking," Kwangsoo reported as he hoisted me up the monkey bars. 

"Mum says he just moved into the apartment above mine and he's a year older than you. Don't you think he rea-,"

"Yah shut up. I can see him coming! Everyone to your stations!" Jongkook oppa ordered as he smacked Kwangsoo's huge head. 

Everyone got into their position, awaiting for my cue to attack. I'd have to figure out a way to use the information Kwangsoo provided to use against this Gary guy. He doesn't seem very smart but since he's good at fighting, he might be a problem for us. I watched him run towards the playground before landing head first into the ground after tripping over a rock. I stifled a laugh as I continued to eye him. He held two lollipops in his hands and had a cap on today. Well Kwangsoo was right. He was weird...

"Hi guys! Can I play with yo-" 

"Attack!" I shouted as everyone jumped into action. Jongkook oppa began chasing after him as Kwangsoo slid down the slides attempting to catch Gary's feet but missed as he fell into sand. Haha oppa just continued swinging on the swings, laughing at Kwangsoo's incident. I should have known those two slackers would jeopardize our mission. would need to teach those two a lesson later on. I could see Jongkook oppa getting tired as the Gary guy zoomed around the playground. Ugh, the plan wasn't working thanks to those slackers. I would have to take matters into my own hands again, just like always.

I dangled my hands down the bars yelling, "stop!" As he halted to an abrupt stop in front of me. I scanned him up and down as I watched him his lollipop. He gave me a huge goofy smile and waved before handing me the lollipop in his other hand.

"For you, because I think you're pretty."

How was this possible! How could he not be tired after running so much? He seems pretty impressive but if he wants to play on our playground, he's got to earn it. He can't just come sauntering in here trying to take our territory away. No way was I going to let him ever do that! He'd need to get past me first.

I rolled my eyes before saying, "look, if you think sweet talking is going to get you anywhere then you're wrong." I said as I tried to climb down the monkey bars but I missed a bar as my fingers slipped, causing me to fall onto the grass patch below me. Thank god it was just grass or I'm sure my mum would have killed me if I got injured again.

"Jihyo!" Everyone shouted as they ran towards my aid, sitting me up against the slide. I could see the worried eyes of everyone scanning me for any injuries. They all heaved a sigh of relief when they saw that I was fine. The Gary guy had his eyes glued on me throughout the whole incident. I didn't't know what he wanted but if he tried to do anything funny, he would definitely get it from me. He wasn't getting in this easily under my watch.

"Hey," he said as everyone turned to glare at him.

"Your name is pretty. just like how you're pretty." He grinned, handing the lollipop to me. Kwangsoo snatched it out of his hands before running away to savor it. Typical.

I kicked him the stomach, again, adding the rolling of my eyes for emphasis before sticking my tongue out at him. 

"Don't ever say that again!" I shouted before running back home.


Pretty short update but I hope you'll like it :D Thank you for subscribing and commenting! Hope you'll like the poster too :)