Chapter 1

Lipbalms, Stupid Sonnets && Water Gods

"I hate you"   She glared at him, and felt the hot tears wallowing angrily in her eyes. They threatened to fall, and surely enough one slid. She clenched my fist that sat stiffly against her side. Words cannot describe how angry....disappointed she was. Her insides were a turmoil

"Tiffany...." He started he raised his hands and reached them out to touch hers.

"Don't touch me" She shrieked,  she shook her head insistently as she back away slowly. "You lied to me..." Anna whispered softly.

"You lied to me!" She screamed, and with that she turned to ran away...

 

"I don't get you..."

I raised my head  from my laptop as I peered over at my older sibling, who had been reading my coming of age novel as I typed.  Reading it  without my permission that is. She pursed her lips, as she rubbed her cotton towel into her long tress. "Why are your heroine's so weak and pathetic?"

My eyes widen. "What...!? They aren't "

She rolled her large round eyes as she help up my specked notebook filled with outlines, ideas, and plot for my story. Which means she'll probably knows what will happen in the story I quickly made a snatch for it.

"The antagonist end's up in suicide....really, Gillian Lilliana Chung. Your just a  masochist"  Bom remarked.

I rolled my eyes, "What suicide?"

"Your female characters are always in some mighty dangerous situations"

"Those situations are called adventures"

"Well. Okay. The girl choosing to jump in to the lake was considered a adventure. Yup. Like journey to the world of the dead"  

I opened my lips to protest before, I turned back to my timid laptop. It was so old, that it always hummed softly throughout its days awake.

"That was only my first draft"  I lied, "Someone's going to come to her rescue" I went on.

Her eyes widen with interest once again, "A prince charming?" Bom asked.

 I cleared my throat softly, "No..." I managed to croaked.

"Reader's these days love that genre, the handsome prince charming saves the princess and they ride out to live happily ever after, the end !" Bom yelped blissfully as she clasped her hands together, with that she turned and made a joyful exit out the room.  I continued typing silently. Until a heard a low buzz from my mobile. My heart leaped. I wonder if it was only me, that has such a reaction. Have you ever hear the buzz of your phone, see the green light blink. And almost immediately wished it was 'him'. Even thought 7 out of 8 times it is not. I grabbed my phone, and taking in a long breathe swiped across my phone.

-You Busy?- it was a text from 'him'. It was the 1/8 times. It was Kim Hyun Joong.

I quickly typed a response, -No-

I set my phone  down , before my mind tittered off to space.

-Want to come out?- a short buzz announced the arrival of another message.

I pondered the thought before I quickly obliged.

-yeah. sure. where?-

Truthfully, I wanted to see him. I wanted to see him every day.  

-okay. come over-

                I stared at the screen, Joong and I have dated for 3 weeks. But honestly, I've never been sure about my position in his life. He has many friends, and he was widely popular in school. I was surprised he had even known my existence until one day he just walked up to me and asked me out. He had the most sincere grin, which was charming and bewitching as the same time. I said, Yes. And I gave him my number. But our time spent together always seem limited. He was always the one who called me out, and when I called. He was always busy. My cheeks flushed when my mind flash backed to 5 days ago, when he first invited me over to his house. It was just a normal Friday night, filled with microwave popcorn and movies on DVD's. Then suddenly he kissed me.

And No.

It wasn't the kind of slow romantic kiss that involved a lot of gazing and shy albeit awkward grins.

and fast forward past the tongue, the out of breath moans, and layers and layers of articles being flung of the bodies.

 His mother came back.

                It was the most embarrassing moment of my life. My departure was short and brief as I quickly got my clothes and scurried away, much like a frightening squirrel. The embarrassment was short lived, when another feeling took its place. I was at first confused, then agitated that he never called me back afterwards. Even as I pass him in school, he only gave a frigid hi and bye.  And suddenly this?

                Perhaps he wanted to apologize for his bipolar tendencies.  That he was actually just thinking immensely about our situation. How he was slightly confused and at a loss for words about me. about it. about us.

Or.

Maybe it's just all my wishful thinking, and he has come to the conclusion he isn't really all that into me. Maybe me to go over to his house so he can break up, officially. not that I think about it, I'm not even sure we are officially together...But let's say he's planning to break up with me. Am I seriously going  to waste 2 rides just to get dumped? I could use the five dollar for a Frappe.

-actually. I'm kind of busy- I quickly typed and send .

I quickly tossed my phone onto the bed, delusional or whatever. I told myself I was getting over him.  So why should I make the effort to go to him. I got up from my chair and quickly left my room.  Anything he needed to say. he'll need to find me first. Yet as I stepped away from my room, the panic in my chest grew. I made my way slowly to the kitchen. I'll just get a drink. That will cool me down.

"Aiyo. Gil!" I heard my little brother call from his seat of the couch.

"What" I hissed.

"Get me a soda on your way" he commanded.

"No" I hollered back.

"Let's go! Quickly" he commanded in agitation.

"Grab me a poland" Bom called.

 I frowned deeply as I swung the door open and grabbed the red tin can from the cool space. I grabbed my own can of root beer. And lifted the poland spring water bottle between my index and middle finger.  Shaking the cola can wildly I made my way out of the kitchen.  

"Catch" I murmured as I tossed the water bottle to the girl in her over abundance amount of hair, and to the lazy potato whom is born as my brother.

I  thumped myself onto the couch next to Bom, as I tried my best to suppress a huge grin. I glanced over a the potato, whose gaze was intensely fixed onto the television screen. He snapped the ring, and like a angry volcano of foam it erupted into his face. Though the form did not discriminate and tried to savage his hair, along with the rest of his clothes. His face was dumbstruck for a full minute before he turned to me slowly. Even Bom who sat beside me gawked before slowly downing her Poland spring.

"What a Troll! I just took a shower" the potato growled, as he lifted the can off from his shirt. "MOM!" He screamed. "Gillian shook my soda and it exploded all over me!!"

I glared at him, and for 18 year old he was such a crybaby.

After I heard the faraway lecture form my mom, I was forced to apologize.

"Sorry, lazy potato" I hissed the last part.

" It's okay. I'll forgive you. ugly troll"  He countered.

"Wow, seriously? you kid's need to grow up. And Nickhun, go get changed already" Bom the peacemaker was quick to order.

He obeyed grudgingly as he kept his glare at me as he lifted himself from his seat and made his way up the stairs.

"Gillian, this might seem like a awkward question but...are you and Hyun Joong dating?" Bom asked slowly.

Bom was a senior in college, and seeing how there was really only one big college in town. Everyone practically knew everyone.

"I guess..." I answered slowly. "Why?" I glanced over at her, wondering if she had read my texts also.

"Oh. Just wondering. you know I don't want to be in your business and everything but. Joong....He's-" She stopped before her words left her lips.

"He's....what?"  I asked.

She frowned before shaking her head. "Maybe it's just me. Nothing. Don't worry about it"

Right like if your  about to tell someone something big and then stop mid way and just say, nothing. don't worry about it. The person's just  going to stop thinking about it. I sat back against the chair, trying my best to keep a neutral expression.

"Oh Okay" I answered.

Isn't  this merry? My sister is hiding some secret about my boyfriend/ex?  from me.

Talk about heartwarming.