FanFic's Magic

FanFiction

Niel sat across Ricky and sighed for the ninth time that day. They managed to get a week off of their busy schedules, and the Teen Top members agreed to go on a trip together. However, that plan was immediately canceled when most of the members decided to visit their families.     

Ricky and Niel were the only ones who didn't plan on visiting their families on their first day off. And that leads to the current situation. "And so, I checked it out...turns out the ending was better than expected!" Niel snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Ricky exclaim. "What? Some kind of drama, you mean?" Ricky pouted, annoyed. "Fanfiction, don't---" Ricky quickly covered his mouth, horrified. He forgot the fact that L.Joe had warned him not to say that word in front of Niel.

Oops. Too late. Niel's eyes sparkled with curiousity as he bounced up and down. "Fanfiction? What's that? Some kind of thing our fans invented for us?"

"Hyung...you know about fanfiction?"

Niel shook his head. He grinned at Ricky. "Now then, show me this fanfiction game that made you so happy!" Ricky gulped loudly. If L.Joe finds out about this, he is dead meat. Ricky sat on the floor, frozen. Before he knew it, though, Niel had magically appeared with his laptop. 'Fanfiction,' Niel mouthed as he typed the words into the internet search box. Soon enough, floods of results popped up. "Wow! Hyunnie, look at that! There's sooo many results!" Niel hit Ricky's arm excitedly as he clicked on one of the results. His grin turned upside down when he saw what he got himself into. "Hyun, seriously?! Books?! You read BOOKS online?! How boring can your life get?" Niel pouted unhappily.

On the other hand, Ricky started to cheer. Thank heavens Niel hates reading! He scooted closer to Niel. "Hehe...guess I'll be borrowing your laptop then!" Niel didn't say anything and got lost in his own thoughts. Why would Ricky read? Reading is such a boring thing. All those stories are made of squiggly things humans call 'words'.

However, Niel's hate dissolved when he got bored...which in reality was approximately 5 minutes later. Quietly, he dragged his along the floor and scooted to sit next to Ricky, who was immersed in a paragraph of words. Niel squinted his eyes at the paragraph. His eyes widened when he saw the word 'Yoona'. "Hey! Is that Yoona from SNSD?!" Suddenly, Niel became interested and started to read the fanfic as well. Ricky wanted to push his hyung away at first, but decided against it as he really wanted to finish the awesome fanfic he was reading. The pairing was you x Yoona, his favourite genre.

After reading the fanfic, Niel and Ricky hugged each other in happiness. "I thought that Yoona would leave me!" Niel chirped. "I know! The ending was so cute since Yoona decided to leave that badass for me!" Ricky squealed.

Then, Niel placed his laptop on his lap. Ricky was still in his own world, so he didn't notice when Niel secretly typed something along the words of 'fanfiction' and 'Niel'. Niel's stomach was filled with butterflies as he realized that there were a lot of results about him too. It was less than the results for Yoona, but he was satisfied. Clicking on the first result, Niel quickly read through the paragraphs, well, as fast as he possibly could before Ricky could notice.

"Hunnie?" Niel shouted when he entered his seemingly empty dorm. He squeaked in surprise when he felt a pair of strong arms encircling his waist. A low voice was heard: "Welcome back, baby." Niel blushed as soon as he heard the voice. He patted his boyfriend's strong arms lightly as he tried to look at his boyfriend's face. L.Joe noticed and turned his head a bit so their lips could meet in a sweet kiss. After the short kiss, Niel asked: "Hyung, do you love me?" L.Joe stared into Niel's eyes and said: "Of course I do, my darling. I love no one else but y

"HYUNG, WHAT ARE YOU READING?!" Ricky screamed in terror when he saw Niel who was boring holes into the laptop screen due to his concentration. It'd better be another fanfic about Yoona. PLEASE let it be--- ", give that to me!" Ricky grabbed the laptop from Niel's weak grasp when he realized what his hyung was reading. "YAH!" Niel shouted angrily.

Unaffected, Ricky quickly stood up and cleared the history. All Niel did was sit and pout. He didn't chase after his dongsaeng because he knew that he could use his laptop to search for the same thing again later anyways. "---Hyung, I'm sorry, but I'll be keeping your laptop for a while," Ricky deadpanned. Niel was about to protest when the door to their dorm swung open.

"Hyun, Niel! You there?" L.Joe's loud voice filled the fairly silent dorm.

Immediately, Niel got distracted and ran out of the room. "Hyung~! I thought you were gonna meet your parents!" Niel exclaimed, bouncing up and down out of surprise. L.Joe went towards Niel and patted his head. He peeked into the room Niel and Ricky was in and said: "Hyun, Niel, hyung bought food on the way back!" Of course, that was all L.Joe needed to say before his bandmate *coughcrushcough* started to cling to him happily.

After the sudden meal, Ricky hogged the TV all to himself. L.Joe laughed when he saw Niel pout unhappily. Restraining himself from blushing, he quickly went back to his room. What L.Joe didn't notice was that Niel got curious of his hyung's behaviour and started to follow L.Joe while bouncing up and down, just like a puppy.

Once L.Joe stepped into his room, he slammed the door shut. Of course, this means that Niel's face got slapped by the door, hard. He winced and in no time at all, Niel started to sob. L.Joe turned around as soon as he heard the door hit something. Suspicious, he opened the door slowly just to reveal his crus---dongsaeng, his cute dongsaeng, covering his nose and sobbing in pain. L.Joe's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! Did the door hit you?! I'm so so sorry! I didn't think that you'd be behind me! C'mon, I'll get the first aid kit!" L.Joe guided the wailing Niel to his bed and asked him to sit down. Then, he rushed to the nearest cabinet and started searching for the first aid kit.

"Hyun, can you help me search for the first aid kit? Where did we put it?...Hyun?" L.Joe glanced at the couch that was placed in front of the TV. He sighed in annoyance. OF COURSE, Ricky fell asleep while watching TV. Groaning, L.Joe frantically looked all over the place for the white box that he so desperately needs right now.

A few minutes later, L.Joe dashed to his room, the first aid kit in his hands. "Niel---" L.Joe became silent as what he saw was totally unexpected. Niel was lyign down on his bed, a tissue stuck up into his nose. He hummed one of Teen Top's songs as he scrolled down the page using---wait, is that L.Joe's laptop?

Not noticing L.Joe's presence, Niel continued to hum cutely as he stared at the laptop screen intensely. L.Joe strode over to Niel. "Hey, are you alright?" Seeing as there was no response, L.Joe ruffled Niel's straight dyed hair. Still no response. After repeating his question a few more times, he sighed and decided to see what Niel was so absorbed in.

His eyes widened yet again as he gaped at the screen. Niel was on AFF...and he wasn't reading any normal fic...he was reading a romance fanfic, tagged under nieljoe. Freaking nieljoe. "N-n-niel? W-why are you re-reading that?"

Again, L.Joe received no response. He huffed in annoyance. His anger lasted for only a few seconds because once Niel sat up and clapped to himself, he found himself chuckling happily. Hearing L.Joe's deep voice, Niel turned around. "Hyung!"

Well, that was weird. Niel was just reading a fanfic under the tag nieljoe a moment ago, and L.Joe's well aware now that Niel knows that his hyung knew what he was reading. Once L.Joe composed himself and stopped gaping like a fish, he opened his mouth and said: "Uh, yes?"

As soon as L.Joe's reply registered into Niel's dense head, Niel lunged himself at his hyung, hugging the life out of L.Joe. L.Joe blushed at the intimate contact and his face felt hotter when Niel looked up at him with wide, sparkling eyes. "Hyung, do you really like mee?" Niel asked in a serious tone. L.Joe looked at the furniture around the room as he awkwardly hugged Niel back, not wanting to offend the younger. "Um...what do you mean?"

Niel pouted and he sat up straight, releasing his hyung. L.Joe felt sad that Niel had to let go so soon, but he managed to keep his mouth shut as he listened carefully to Niel's next words. "Hyung, do you like me so much that you had to post up all your fantasies online for everyone to see?" Niel asked cutely. L.Joe turned his gaze to Niel sharply.

"What?!" Niel flinched at the loud question and L.Joe immediately apologized for scaring the younger. Niel shrugged it off and continued on, "I read a story online just now...it's called 'fanfiction'...but I'm sure you know about it already, since you already posted a story..." Niel got cut off when he heard L.Joe exclaim: "What did you just say? Fanfcition? I've never posted any fanfics before...Where did you get that idea from?" "Well, the writer's name was L.Joe and the story was in pure korean...so of course it was you who wrote it! Hyung, don't lie to meeeee!"

L.Joe sweatdropped. "Niel...that's not how the world works..." L.Joe muttered, face burning because Niel had inched closer to his face due to curiousity. "Wae?!" Niel pouted as he crossed his arms across his chest angrily. "But I don't deny..." L.Joe said under his breath and stopped halfway, suddenly embarrassed. Unfortunately, Niel was too close not to have heard him. "Eh? Deny what?....HA! I knew it! Hyung, you posted all those things on the internet, right?!"

L.Joe's eyes widened as he stood up instantly. "N-no! Of course not! Hyung will never post anything like that online!" L.Joe explained with large hand gestures. Niel's eyes suddenly lost its spark. "Ah...right. Why will such a good-looking hyung like someone like me?" Niel looked away, his shoulders hunched. L.Joe winced at the pitiful sight. He felt a pain coursing through his heart and he unconciously said: "No, I like you. I love you, Niel. And I'm not kidding."

Niel's eyes widened. He spun around to face his hyung, but L.Joe was staring at him with a blank expression, as if not realizing what he just said. NIel waved a hand in front of L.Joe's face. L.Joe's eyes lit up. So did his face.

"W-wha...I mean, um..." L.joe tried to blame his brain for not being quick enough, but he knew that he couldn't deny his careless statement either. "It's true...do you find hyung disgusting now? Niel?" L.Joe gazed at Niel sadly.

Niel sputtered incoherent words. L.Joe smiled sadly at him. "Niel, it's alright. You don't have to try to be nice." L.Joe said, his voice low and emotionless. Just as L.Joe was about to walk out of the room, Niel slid against the floor and grabbed L.Joe's wrist in a hurry, causing L.Joe to fall on top of Niel.

Niel stared at his hyung with wide eyes. "True? Really?" L.Joe averted his gaze to the floor. "Yeah..." L.Joe tried to pull away, but he was taen by surprise when Niel hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. "Then why are you trying to leave me?!" Niel screamed, his voice breaking vulnerably. L.Joe stared at the trembling being that was grabbing onto his back. L.Joe immediately wrapped his arms around Niel. "Sorry...I-I...I don't know what to say...I mean, I'm really scared about what will happen to the friendship between us from now on..." L.Joe thought aloud.

"Well, that friendship will be broken and forever forgotten then."

L.Joe froze. Didn't Niel just---"Let's break that stupid friendship between us, hyung. Let's bond differently from now on." As strangers, L.Joe thought as tears were threatening to fall. L.Joe bit his lips to prevent himself from whimpering. "Can we start a relationship, B-Byung Hun?"

It was evident that Niel was shy when he said his hyung's name without any honorifics.

However...L.Joe's answer was even more evident than that.

As soon as L.Joe heard Niel's question, he leaned to kiss Niel's lips. When he pulled away a few seconds later, he smiled at Niel and Niel smiled back. Their foreheads touched happily.


"Ricky~ I've bought all your favourite food!"

Ricky: Hyung?! Oh my god. Niel, stop clinging onto hyung like that. The both of you...*sighs* Let me see the food---OH GAWD I LOVE YOU HYUNG!

Niel: YAH! *clings tighter*

L.Joe: *laughs and pets Niel's head*

Ricky: *raises an eyebrow* What is this for?

L.Joe: A thank-you gift!

Ricky: What did I do?

L.Joe: Something I didn't dare to do.

Ricky: And this somehow caused the both of you to start dating?

Niel: Fanfwictionnn~~~

Ricky smirked. Yup, that's right. Lord Rickey is a geniu---

L.Joe: So, when are you gonna confess to him?

Ricky: W-who?

Niel: You know who. C'mon, I wanna sleep, Hunnie~

L.Joe: Haha...of course,baby.

And Ricky was left alone, standing and blushing in the middle of the doorway, when his bandmate and crush walks in.

Perhaps I should give fanfiction a try myself.