Final.

Three Summers (Sequel of 1st of September)

 

A week after

 

“Who are you?” A soft voice spoke behind a man who was sobbing quietly in front of a gravestone. The weather seem to reflect their emotion. The man sniffled and turned around slowly, his head was low, and he knew that the person calling him was a girl, he just didn’t want to look pathetic in front of her, although the situation seem to appear that way.

 

She blinked and tilted her head to the side, puckering her lips in curiosity and walked closer to him in which he stepped back on every footstep she took.

 

The weather were stormy, rain pouring down, drenching every single thing if they had no cover. Wind blowing so strong that even the strongest tree would rock due to the pressure.

 

She gripped onto her umbrella handle, biting her lip trying to suppress her sadness and flashed a fake smile “Who might you be?”

 

He looked up, his eyes were bloodshot red, lifeless, full of sadness, yearn and curiosity. That time she knew, he gave up on life.

 

“My name is Kim Sunggyu”

 

Kim Sunggyu, Kim Myungsoo’s older brother. They used to have great relationship with one another until their parents divorced. Myungsoo was taken away by his mother while Sunggyu by his father.

 

Myungsoo used to live with great luxury, with beautiful home, perfect family relationship. He had everything and he was happy. Until that day comes.

 

Their parents divorced, his mother became an alcoholic, going around with different men to get money for living. Everyday, she went home with either bruises or cuts all over her face. Every night, Myungsoo will always hear sounds of or screams or cusses. He hated it. The old happy Myungsoo who smiled all the time have slowly disappeared and replaced to a cold hearted man until he met the love of his life. Her. The person who heartlessly killed him, for the sake of love, he smiled for her, even when he was at the verge of death, he smiled.

 

Sunggyu on the other hand was living with luxury, his father, being one of the chairman of a famous music company has made him one of the top richest man in Korea. He had a great life, he had everything, except love. His father remarried a woman, he hated her. He knew that she was after him for money and she knew that he knew that. She tried to be nice to him, being a so called ‘good mother’ but he just pushed her away. 3 years later, he found her in his bed, having with another man that turned out to be his boss.

 

Both sons went through tough times, no matter if they were rich or poor, loving or not, they were scarred and only one has finally found happiness, but now it was gone. forever.

 

One Summer

 

“You’re late again” Sunggyu huffed, scrunching his eyebrows together at the sight of a girl, panting out of breath.

 

“Yah! You are so heartless. I ran for you” She retorted, gaining back her pace and crossed her arm.

 

“But still. You’re supposed to be here 30 minutes ago and look at the time!”

 

“I am a girl, I need more time than that” She flipped her hair casually making him roll his eyes in response and getting a hit in the arm

 

“Ouch what was that for?!” He rubbed his arms, glaring playfully at her

 

“For rolling your eyes at me. You know that was true” She stuck her tongue out and walked ahead of him, leaving him gawking in disbelief

 

“Yah! Yah! I waited for you and this is how you repay me?!” He shouted and ran to catch up for her.

 

She turned around and laughed at him, extended her hand, wind blowed her hair away from her face as she brightly smiled at him “Oppa, hurry up!”

 

One heart pound

 

Two Summer

 

“Yah” He started, looking out to the stars. The night seem to be a calm night, stars twinkled on the dark sky as he looked up, smiling a bit

 

“What?” She responded, looking down on her phone, obviously uninterested on the skyview

 

“What if right now I confess my love to you? What will you do?” He continued, closing his eyes, enjoying the cool breeze

 

“What are you trying to say? Do you like me or something?” She laughed, her eyes still glued on her phone screen.

 

He turned his face to the side, grabbing her hand softly and taking her phone off her which she automatically protested by looking up to him. He crashed his lips on hers, roughly kissing her and the bottom of her lip before pulling away, smirking.

 

“Yes. I do like you. No- I love you. Will you go out with me?” He looked deeply in her eyes

 

She looked back at him, frozen in shock, although she knew that this is coming since the first summer they spent together. She looked down, tears forming in her eyes, remembering the memories of her and Myungsoo. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, faking a soft smile and nodded slowly.

 

His eyes widened and his mouthed opened widely in happiness. He pulled her into a tight hug and whispered “Thank you.”

 

She nodded, wrapping her arms around his waist and rests her chin on his shoulder, slowly closing her eyes, slowly breaking down at the memories of her and Myungsoo.

*I’m sorry. Myungsoo. I still love you.*

 

Three Summer

 

“Yah, where are you bringing me?” Sunggyu smiles widely upon her girlfriend as she turned around and smiled playfully at him.

 

“Secret oppa, patience is the key” She placed her index finger on his lips. He shook his head and chuckled. “Okay fine, make it quick. I am not a patient man”

 

“Aish. Shut up” She rolled her eyes and huffed

 

She brought him to an alley, a dark and secluded one. It was familiar. Definitely familiar for him and new to him. It was the same alley where she killed Myungsoo. Tears forming in her eyes and she felt her heart pounding in sadness. *I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry* She walked forward, with a blank expressionless face and brought him to the most secluded area where he looked around cluelessly.

 

“What are we doing here?” He raised an eyebrow questioningly at her

 

She sighed and rummaged through her bag and grabbed a piece of paper, or rather a photograph and handed it to him.

 

He looked at her face one last time before looking at the photograph, his eyes widened in shock at the photograph. “T-this is M-”

 

“Yes” she nodded, cutting his words. “My name is Lee Hyojin. Myungsoo’s girlfriend and the woman that stayed with him until his death” She stared at his eyes full of darkness.

 

“Wh-Why didn’t you tell me?!” He shouted at her, his voice straining in frustration and confusion. “I would never dated my own brother’s girlfriend!”

 

“I didn’t want to tell you because I know.. that you won’t try to get close to me. I know that I will be your reminder of your late brother. And that is going to be a hindrance for my mission” She stated simply, her voice was flat.

 

He looked up from the floor “Mission?”

 

She nodded and drew her gun and pointed it in front of his face, his eyes widening in shock, his hands trembling in fear. “H-Hyojin?” He croaked and managed to reach his hands towards her.

 

She watched his hands reaching for her as she slapped it away and shouted “Don’t touch me!” tears forming and dripping onto her cheek, as she quickly wiped it away.

“I’m sorry Sunggyu” She smiled a bit “I really do” Her voice sounded like a melody in his ears, even though that he knew that he will die soon. He knew, but he loved her so much as much as his brother’s love for her. He is willing to die for her.

“Kill me”

That was his last word before smiling at her, the sad smile that she never seen before, the smile that immediately broke her completely. Everything that has been building up in his heart. The guilt that she has been carrying over the three summers she spent with him. The memories she had upon killing her own love for the sake of her own mission.

She never felt such sadness before, that she would rather die than going through this.

“I’m sorry.” She choked, looking at him one last time as he gave her an approving look, he closed his eyes and waited until a bullet stabbed through his body and his sense drawing away from him.

She pulled the trigger, releasing a loud gunshot sound.

A man groaned in pain.

A loud thud could be heard

And the sound of silent sobbing

 

It all ends here.

“I’m sorry” She whispered one last time before something went through her head, fast and dangerous.

She fell to the cold ground, her eyes wide open and her hands were trembling, in fear. She tried her best to reach a lifeless man’s hand right in front of her, just an inch closer, but it was too late. A soft smile formed on her lips before every little system of her body closed down.

“Good work, Hyojin” Another man smiled, he squatted down and ruffled her hair before leaving the two corpses alone in a dark alley.

 

That is the end.


A/N 

I would like to dedicate this story to my friend haha because she asked for it not because I'm that nice *slapped* and her name is Petunia (that is not her real name but whatever) and she encouraged me to write this sequel and has been urging my to write it despite my laziness, she finally got what she wanted. 

Thanks Petunia. You're the best. (yes that's sarcasm) 

See how much I love you, even though you're a retard and I always abuse you, I am still doing the things that you asked for.

Haha I am mean but only to her guise. :9