New Start

The Replacement

[Isobel]

“Isobel, I heard you got suspended again from school. What happened this time?” My mum asked as I hand her the toast and juice for her breakfast. I gave her a faint smile and sat down next to her. “This can’t keep happening; you’re just lucky they haven’t kicked you out yet.” She continued.

“Mum, it wasn’t my fault.” I replied as I replay the scenes at school in my head.

-Flashback-

“Oh come on Isobel, if you decide to vandalise the principal’s office you can be friends with us.” Sunny said as she shoves me against my locker. Sunny is one of the mean girls at school, or the leader of the mean girls I should say.

She reckons I’d like to take part of their little group. They find me a little bit ‘weird’ and ‘so-not-from-this-world’. To be honest I like being different, I like being my own self. My generation now seems to have found it okay to conform within the society – I don’t like that.

“I don’t want to be friends with you Sunny,” I started as I push her away from me. “I’m too good to be friends with the likes of you.” I insulted.

She glared at me with a shock then chuckled in unison with her little group of followers. “You’re too good for the likes of me? And what likes are that?”

“Trust me, you wouldn’t want me to get started.” I replied. She got angrier and shoved me against my locker once again. I really didn’t want to fight her since I just got back from suspension for fighting a few ago.

I was the sort of person who won’t allow anyone to step on me, and until now nobody in this school seems to get the message.

“For someone of your class Isobel, you talk so high and mighty. But we all know you’re not really the daughter of the Kwon family. For all we know they just picked you up off the street.” She commented.

Hearing those words come out from wasn’t really a surprise to me, I’ve heard it a million times over, and people still thinks it will affect me. I laughed out loud and stared at her, “Is that all you’ve got? Using my family background against me? You really are pathetic. Now if you don’t want that plastic face of yours to get ruin, I suggest you step out of my way before you get on my nerves.” I said as I pushed her to the side.

“You’re going to regret today, you’ll see!” She warned as I walked away.

-End of Flashback-

“Regret it, I did.” I mumbled. 

“What?” Mum asked as she stared at me. “Have you been listening to a word I’ve been saying?” She asked furiously. I shook my head left to right then grinned.

"I didn't vandalise anything mum, trust me."

“Anyway,” she started again. “Whether or not it was your fault that you vandalised your principal’s office, I think it’s time for you to change your school.” She continued.

“What difference would it make mum if I move school? Once they find out that I’m not really yours and dad’s biological daughter then it’ll start all over again.” I tried to reason but she wasn’t buying it.

“Baby, it is hard carrying your father’s name. Although we are not blood related, your dad and I never treated you like you weren’t ours. The moment we saw you and held you, we both knew you’ll be worthy of carrying the Kwon family.” She said.

If I haven’t already said before, the ‘Kwon’ family owns three different major talent agencies in South Korea. The agencies are just one of the many things they own. I really have no idea how a family can be so rich. I have an older brother who you might know, his name is Kwon Jiyong also known as G-Dragon in the music industry.

And to my luck, I have to carry the family name, and I promised myself the moment I found out I was adopted to not do anything to drag their name down; so far I’m failing.

“It’s decided we are going to transfer you to a new school, no buts and no arguments. I’m going to call your dad.” She decided, I sighed to myself as she leaves the dining table. Not long after my brother entered the room with the biggest smile on his face.

“What’s with the long face?” He asked as he hugs me from behind.

“It’s been decided that I’ll move to another school.” I informed him. He kissed the side of my forehead before he sat down. He looked at me still smiling and said, “Sometimes a new start isn’t so bad. You just have to make the most of it.”

I nodded then dazed off.