Final

My Best FrEnemy is My L.O.V.E

13th FEB 2013

"Where is he?"

Hyeyoung is waiting for Lay at the park. they promised to meet there today since it's Hyeyoung's birthday and they planned to celebrate it togather as usual.
It's half past eight but there's no sign of Lay.
Hyeyoung lets out a sigh and she stands up from the wooden bench she was sitting. She takes a look around the park and hopes that Lay will arrives soon.
Hyeyoung bites down her lower lips and ruffles her black silky hair. She glances at her wristwatch again and again.

"Lay, Lay, Lay..."

Hyeyoung mumbled Lay's name.
Tired of waiting, she grabs her phone from her pocket and dials Lay's number. She calls him for a few times but he's not answering.

Hyeyoung gives up and she decides to leave since it's getting late.

'Maybe he forgot.'

When Hyeyoung was about to leave, her phone rings. She grabs and unlocks it. There's a new message from Lay.

"What?!"

Hyeyoung screamed in disbelief.

"He's not coming??" She added.

For the first time, Lay couldn't celebrate Hyeyoung's birthday which made Hyeyoung felt sad and angry at the same time.

Hyeyoung is a bad-tempered young lady and she's sensitive but deep inside, she's kind and caring.
When Hyeyoung is mad or angry, Lay is the only one who knows how to comfort her.

Hyeyoung goes straight to her home. She is so not in her mood right now.

As she arrived, she immediately rushes to her room.

******

After changing into her casual clothes, Hyeyoung looks at the calendar on the table.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day."
She sighs softly. Actually, Hyeyoung has a crush on her own best friend, Lay. She wants to confess to him so badly but she's afraid Lay might reject her plus she doesn't want their friendship to be ruined because of her stupid feelings.

Hyeyoung loves the way Lay smiles. She loves to see his deep dimples and he looks cute when he smiles. To be honest, Lay is Hyeyoung's first love and that's why she seems kinda awkward when it comes to love. She never experienced a love relationship before, not at all. She only knows that love is a very strong feeling of affection towards someone who you are romantically or ually attracted to.

Hyeyoung is having a deep thought until she doesn't realize that her phone is ringing.

Hyeyoung shook her head to erase her thoughts from her mind. She heard her phone's ringing and she immediately searches for it.

"Oh God! Where the hell did I put that thing?!"

Hyeyoung searches for her phone for about an hour until she decides to look for it again tomorrow since she's tired and she needs to take a sleep.

******

14th FEB 2013

The sun rises, the birds are chirping.
It's a beautiful morning of Valentine's Day but it seems Hyeyoung is in her bad mood.

She didn't celebrate he birthday with her best friend and now, her phone is missing.

After having a nice bath and a simple breakfast, Hyeyoung goes back to her room and starts to look for her phone.

******

"Yeah! Found it!!"
Hyeyoung screamed happily. finally, she found her phone. Since last night, it was under her bed and she didn't noticed it.

Hyeyoung unlocks her phone and she saw about 25 missed calls from Lay. And not to mention, Lay also sent 30 text messages.

Hyeyoung-ah, happy birthday~ I'm sorry.

Hyeyoung, are you mad at me?

Please forgive me. Don't be like this. Hyeyoung-ah~

Those are Lay's messages that he sent.

When Hyeyoung was about to put her phone away, it suddenly rings.
It's Lay. He's calling.

Hyeyoung is hesitating whether to answer it or not. She is taking a few moments until she decides to answer it.

"Hello."

"Hyeyoung-ah, I'm so sorry about last night. I didn't mean to do that. It was an emergency. I'm really sorry. Hyeyoung?"
Lay apologized to Hyeyoung, he knows that he's guilty.

"Hyeyoung? Are you mad at me?" He added and is hoping that Hyeyoung wasn't mad at him.

"Of course I am."

"I'm so sorry, Hyeyoung. Please forgive me."

"Okay, fine. But you have to promise me one thing."

"What's it? I'm willing to do anything for you, my princess."

'Princess..?' Hyeyoung's heart beat speeds up but she manages to control herself. She clears her throst and says,
"Anything, huh? Well then, you must accompany me to the shopping complex today."

"Okay, okay. I'll be at your house around 10."

******

Hyeyoung nd Lay are currently at a restaurant. They're having a lunch together. Lay is exhausted and so does Hyeyoung.

Hyeyoung bought a lot of stuffs, she shops a lot. She is a shopaholic.

"Hyeyoung-ah, can you help me with something?" Lay started a conversation.

"What?" Hyeyoung replied with a question.

"Today is Valentine's Day, right?" Lay asked.

Hyeyoung nods slightly, "Why? What's it?" She asked him curiously.

"Oh, wait! You want to confess to someone, right?" Hyeyoung added, she's hoping that it's not true.

Lay rubs the nape of his neck and nods. Hyeyoung is surprised but she manages to cover it. She grins and says,
"Woah~ Who's the lucky girl?"

"I'm not going to tell you. It's private." Lay replied.

'Could it be me?'

"Hey. From your opinion, do you think she'll accepts it if I confessed?" Lay continued.

Hyeyoung shrugs and answers,
"I'm not sure about that but every girl would accept it, I guess."

"Okay, can you help me? I really want to confess but I need you by my side when I do it." Lay explained.

Hyeyoung is quiet shocked when she heard Lay's statement.

"S-sure." She can't say 'NO' to Lay and deep inside, she felt her her broke into tiny pieces.

"Great! Thanks, princess."

******

What am I going to do? Why is this happening to me? Why are you doing this to me? Why, why, why...?

******

Hey, meet me at the park now. I'm going to confess.

Hyeyoung tried to hold her tears from falling. She can't believe that this is actually happening.

'Why is the worls being so cruel to me?'

Hyeyoung takes a deep breath before she heads to the park where Lay is waiting.

******

"Okay, I'm here. Whre is the girl?" Hyeyoung asked Lay as soon as she arrived.
Lay sheepishly grins and says,
"She's here." Ha pointed at Hyeyoung.

"M-Me..?"

Lay nods slightly and replies,
"Yes, it's you."
"Will you be the queen of my heart, Park Hyeyoung?" He added.

Hyeyoung couldn't hold her tears from falling. She just cried without answering Lay.

"Hey, don't cry." Lay approached her. He wipes the tears on Hyeyoung's cheeks with his thumbs and comforts her.

"Oppa.." Hyeyoung called with a husky tone.

Lay broke the hug and stares at Hyeyoung.
Hyeyoung gazes up and stares at Lay too.

"I--" Hyeyoung couldn't finish her words because something stops her.

She felt a warm and soft thing is 'touching' her lips. Yes, Lay kissed her and he stole her first kiss.

"I like you. No, I love you. I don't ask you to reciprocate the feeling. All I ask you is to respect what I feel. Because falling for you was never something I planned."
Lay explained as he broke the kiss.

Hyeyoung touches her lips and then, it curls upwards.
She smiles brightly. She cups Lay's face and whispers to him,
"I LOVE YOU..~"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, hello~
UPDATED. This one-shot is dedicated to my friend, LuLuPanda_Exotic.

How's the story? Is it okay? Please forgive my broken English. I'm not really good at it since it's not my first language but I tried my best. Do comment below. THANKS~!

XOXO from freakgeegee