One

Smile

Its another day in school where Taemin is in the cafeteria with a few of his friends. The blonde boy was laughing and talking-soda in hand.

Everything was fine when suddenly a certain tall figure entered the cafeteria. Almost everyone kept quiet until the tall boy walked to the far end of the cafeteria and sat. He didn't really do anything-people were just a little intimated by the boy. He was too tall and his looks were Greek god-like. But no one has ever seen him talk to anyone. No one has really seen him smile. Its been three years since they feasted their eyes on this cold creature by the name of Choi Minho.

He never smiles.

His gaze so piercing cold.

 

 

"Why do you guys always stare at him like that?" Taemin asks suddenly. Seemingly the only one in the entire school who didn't understand why people feared of talking to Minho.

"He's Choi Minho." Kai said back to him like it was the most obvious thing in the whole blue world.

"I know his name. We've been here for what-three years?"

"He just looks- scary." Onew suddenly says.

"He seems fine to me." Taemin says back. His eyes looking at the figure. The said boy was reading a worn-out paperback novel. Not really caring if anyone was looking at him.

"Haven't you heard the stories?" Key-the gossiper of the group spoke.

"What stories? Key-don't make things up. He seems nice to me." Taemin tried to defend the tall boy.

"Oh-so you don't know do you?" Key smirked at him. His story-telling mode was on auto-pilot.

"No."

"A birdy once told me that the Choi kid is in the mafia. His dad is one of mob bosses there."

"Key. Does he honestly look like he belongs in a mob?" Taemin snickered. Minho was too handsome to be in a mob.

"Yah-I don't make this things up. He even used to beat people up for a living. Some even died. He's a dangerous person Taemin." Key said to the blonde boy.

"And I once heard that he even drove a car off the bridge." Kai started to stay.

"So somehow he miraculously survived?" Taemin said back.

"Maybe he could breathe underwater. Who knows what that devil could do." Kai replied back.

"Someone even told me that Minho once threw someone off the roof because he wanted to see if humans could fly." Onew added to the rumours that of Choi Minho.

"He would be in jail if that happened."

"His dad is the mob boss. No cop is going to go catch him." Key continued.

"And the cherry on the top of all things-he once burnt an entire building up." Kai said.

"Why would he do that?" Taemin asked Kai. Not believing their stories.

"He's a disturbed lunatic and wants to see the world in ruins. Is that reason enough?" Key said to Taemin.

"He's never smiled either." Onew suddenly added on.

"He's smiled before." Taemin said to the boys.

"Of the three years we've been in this goddamn school-I've never seen him smile."

"I've seen him smile." Taemin said suddenly.

"That is even more bull that any of the stories we've heard." Key snickered.

"Its true." Taemin tried to defend himself.

"Prove it. I dare you to go make Choi Minho smile." Kai dared the blonde boy.

"What's in it for me?"

"Eternal respect from all of us that you've manage to make the beast smile."

"Okay. One smile." Taemin said before taking a sip of his orange soda and jumping of his seat. He easily walked through the cafeteria and towards the table no one ever dares to come near.

 

His three friends watched. They were convinced that Taemin was on a suicide mission. He would be eaten alive by the beast before he can even say hello. And it wasn't only them that were watching. The entire cafeteria had eyes on Taemin too.

Taemin reached Minho's table in less than a minute and sat in front of the boy. The entire cafeteria was in silence. Even Onew could not concentrate on eating anymore. They were scared at what Minho could do to Taemin for invading his table.

Taemin then forcefully pulled the beast's worn-out paperback novel and placed it on the table. Everyone gasped. They were prepare for the unprepared. Saying their prayers for the blonde boy. Minho then looked(stared) at the boy with his large eyes. He was stunningly beautiful though he had a Devil-like aura around him. His gaze was too cold that the cafeteria seemed like it would be covered in snow.

They then saw Taemin utter a few words. No one could really make out what he said to the beast.

And suddenly the impossible happened.

Choi Minho smiled.

The entire place was glowing with the golden rays radiating out of him. Girls (and some guys) took out their phones to snap a picture of such a miracle. And once the sun was down, Taemin stood up and walked back to his table like he had done the most normal thing in the world.

His three friends were speechless.

 

"Told you he smiled." Taemin said as he sat back.

"How the hell-" Kai didn't know even what to ask.

"What the did you even say to him?" Key demanded. Taemin then answered

"What I tell him every day- I love you."

 

 

 

 

Author's note: so explanation-taemin had already been dating minho which explains why he does not get why people are so scared of minho.