The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

This is a double update. Do read Chapter 23 if you haven't. ^^


 

"So why'd you resigned from your job?" 

Nina pulled her eyes away from the TV screen and shot Kris a brief look before turning her attention back to the show that was playing. "I just... didn't want to work there anymore. How'd you know, anyways?" she asked.

"Suho."

She chuckled and nodded her head in understanding. "Of course." Nina recalled back to the day she had received a phone call from Yixing, her now ex-boss, after he received her resignation letter. He was unhappy, of course, since he'll be losing his PA within a short notice. Nina felt sorry for him but she wasn't entirely happy there. Luckily, Yixing understood her and wished her the best.

"So what are you going to do now that you're free?" Kris asked, casually leaning against the sofa next to her, occasionally throwing popcorns into his mouth as he watched the TV.

"I don't know. I don't think it's wise for me to be sitting around after three weeks of doing nothing, but I don't know what should I do." Nina replied.

"Well, what do you feel like doing?"

She pondered on the question for a second, pursing her lips while at that, and shrugged. "Do part time jobs maybe?"

Kris raised his eyebrow at her, his attention fully on her now. "Maybe? And why would you be doing part time jobs when you could just work?" he asked.

"As what? I resigned as a PA which pays a good amount of salary each month just because I don't like it, also claiming that I want to work with something that I like doing. But I have nothing in mind." Nina sighed.

"What else do you like to do other than write?" 

"Uhh... I'm not sure myself."

Kris chuckled at this. "Wow, you're really undecided."

"For once," she argued.

"Whatever. Why didn't you like working as a PA at Suho's?" he asked.

"Hmmm..." Nina pursed her lips and thought hard. Maybe it's because I'm working as a PA at a publishing company and despite the fact that I love to write, I have zero chances to do so since my job is to arrange the editor's meetings and stuff like that. And even when I'm his PA, I never get to travel. I'm pretty sure I agreed to take that job so I could travel with my boss, but never did I in those two years. Hmmm... 

"Really?" Kris suddenly asked, surprising her. She then blushed when Kris smirked.

"I said it out loud, didn't I?"

"Not really. I had to strain my ears to hear them but I heard it all." Kris chuckled. "It was more to mumbling though."

Nina blushed and turned her gaze back to the abandoned show and avoided looking at the male beside her at all cost. Thankfully, Kris decided that the TV seemed to be more interesting too and focused his attention back to the flat screen TV. When Kris leaned forward to place the bowl of popcorn he had in his hands onto the table, Nina glanced at him and caught sight of him wiping his bottom lips. She blushed.

Three evenings ago, Kris had kissed her in the kitchen. The kiss was slow, sweet and passionate at the same time. Nina had caught herself leaning entirely to the kiss, loving the feeling of his soft lips moving against hers. When they broke away, they were both breatheless and in awe towards the magic they felt in the kiss, and upon realising what she had done, Nina's face turned crimson red and she ended up avoiding him throughout the day.

Kris, of course, found it amusing and decided to let her calm down by herself. He clearly recalled that he was the first to initiate the kiss and he wasn't sorry at all. He loved it too much and he knew she did too. Her lips were soft and sweet against his, and Kris was dying to feel them again. But he didn't want to scare her and decided to play it cool. And so he focused on getting better on the last few days, resting at home with his mother nagging at him at times and Nina taking care of him despite being all shy and whatnot. He loved every bit of it.

Tonight, however, Nina wanted to watch a re-run show of Weekly Idols and since Kris was the only one up, he came downstairs to join her and enjoyed it. He had been busy going through some paperworks in his home office when his mother had knocked, telling him that she was headed to bed and informed him what Nina was up to, and he immediately abandoned his work for her. Surprisingly for him, Nina didn't run away like she did the past few days and sat next to him throughout the whole re-runs.

The duo continued to watch the show till late at night and when the commercials were on, Kris turned to Nina and saw her looking at him. Caught by surprise, Nina blushed and looked away, earning a chuckle from him but he wasn't in the mood to further. Besides, he had something in his mind that he needed to let out.

"Nina?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you want to work for me?"

Nina spun her head around to him and blinked. "Me? Work for you? As what?" she asked.

"Well, I've been thinking of getting an assistant for our Head of Finance and I, myself, am in need of a PA." Kris told her. "If you want, you could take up that position."

"You want.... me? As your PA?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Don't you want to?"

Don't I want to? Of course! I'll be working at Wu Enterprise where everyone wants to be working at. And I get to be close to- wait a minute. Nina turned to Kris with a frown and asked, "Why can't I be the other guy's PA instead?" 

"Because I want you to be mine." 

Nina felt her heart stop beating with that sentence. ...be mine, he said. It sounded... different. Thinking about it made her blush for the umpteenth time that night and she mentally pinched herself to focus. "Do I have to through an interview?" she asked.

"If you want to." Kris shrugged. "I mean I've seen your files, Nina. I know what you're capable of doing and what you've achieved in those two years working in Suho's company. I'm impressed, to be honest. But then again, if you insist on being interviewed, I'll have a team ready for that."

Nina eyed him warily and sighed. "You won't cheat, right?"

The male scoffed. "What does that supposed to mean?" he asked. "I may be the CEO but that does not mean that I can just do things freely. Sure, I can just hire you right now but then I'll have a team and myself to observe you work and decide if you should leave or stay. I'd still keep an eye on you if you go through the interview, of course, but at least I can't simply fire you if you mess up."

All the while he was talking, Nina couldn't help but admire the way he spoke. His tone was full of control and power, suitable for a powerful man like him. At the moment, she felt like she was listening to her boss instead of her supposed boyfriend and Nina find him more and more attractive like that. 

"So, what do you say?"

She snapped out of her trance at his question, but luckily she had heard him. "Uhm, I'll think about it I guess. I mean, I don't want to just start working there. It's not fair for others. So I think that if I do accept your offer, I'd still go through an interview."

Kris nodded understandingly at this. "Professionalism. I like that," he commented. Checking the time on his phone, Kris realised that it was midnight and turned off the TV. Nina turned to him with a dissatisfied look and he smiled. "It's late. I'm returning to the office tomorrow and I don't want to leave you down here by yourself."

"Oh okay." The two got up and Nina cleared the mess before they both climbed up the stairs, heading to their rooms. "Are you feeling better though?" she suddenly asked as they reached the last step.

"I'm fine. I'm feeling restless though, but that's because I can't handle not working."

"Pfft. You're a workaholic, Mr Wu."

"It's better than lazing around."

Nina turned to him with a sharp glare, suddenly finding his words offensive. "Are you mocking me?" Kris chuckled and took a step closer to her, causing her eyes to widened. "W-What are you doing?"

When his face inched closer to hers, Nina abruptly shut her eyes. She could feel his breath on her face and she froze, not knowing what to do. She opened her eyes, however, when she felt a soft peck on her forehead. She looked up to meet his eyes and he smiled. "Sleep well, Ms. Kim."

"Y-You too." What is this feeling? Disappointment? The hell, Nina? You wanted him to kiss you?! When she realised that Kris was still standing there staring at her, Nina blushed and looked away. "G-Good night, Kris." she said and turned to her room.

She only managed a few steps before Kris grabbed her wrist and turned her around. "Wha-" Her words were cut off by a pair of lips and she blinked in surprise. Only when Kris moved his lips against hers did she closed her eyes and returned the kiss, letting herself be drowned by his lips. She felt him draw her body closer to his by wrapping an arm her waist and she placed her hand on his bicep. Her other hand was on the side of his neck, pulling his face closer to hers while he had his other hand at her nape, keeping her in place. When his tongue seeked for entrance, Nina willingly parted her lips and Kris explored , keeping the kiss soft yet passionate.

When they pulled away, Kris threw her a breathtaking smile and pecked her lips once more before pushing her towards the direction of her room. "Good night," he bid her again and turned to enter his own room, leaving her lovestruck in the hallway.

 

 


I kept thinking if I should or should not do a double update but then I thought, "what the heck?!" and posted it anyways. It has been written earlier with Chapter 24 and I was just dying to release them. Ahh... Kris kissed her. Again! God he's so in love with Nina. Hehehe... So how was it minions? Did you enjoyed my double update? Heheehehe ^_^

Comment. Vote. Subscribe.

Make mama smile babies~ <3

xoxo