The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        Kris groaned and hissed as he felt a sharp pain at the side of his head. Still unable to open his eyes, he shifted his body uncomfortably on the mattress. He felt extremely hot like as if his body was on fire and his eyes felt so heavy that no matter how much force he puts in, he could not get them to open. The sharp pain in his head didn't make the situation better either. He then felt something soft caressing his cheeks and he could hear a distant voice soothing him from his pain. 

        He then felt something warm and his hair and immediately he felt the fire disperse and he stopped moving. He could hear the soothing voice again but he couldn't make out what it was saying. Still, he focused on the voice as it seemed to make him forget his pain and soon sleep invades him with the voice as his lullaby.

 

 

        It was nearing midnight when Kris started shifting on his bed again, but this time he was showing signs of waking up. The dull pain in his head increased as he tried to open his eyes but instead of giving in to it, Kris forced them out and he had to blink a few times to adjust to the darkness. Once he got his focused, he realised that he was lying down in his room, his whole body covered with a blanket. He then notices that the room temperature seems a bit cool and a dimmed light was emmitted from the lightstand at the corner of his room. He was about to lift his head from the pillow when he felt something wet on his forehead. A wet cloth has been placed there and Kris immediately knew what had happened to him. Slowly he tried to sit up and when he did, he felt pain running through his back since he had been lying down for hours. He closed his eyes as he let the pain pass and opened them when he heard the door open.

        Blink.

        Blink blink.

        This has got to be a dream. Standing at the door with a tray was the girl who had been invading his mind since the past week. The same girl he had missed so much. Seeing her standing there with a relief smile on her face, Kris wondered if he was having hallucinations and if he's still affected by whatever medicine given to him when he passed out.

        "Kris? Are you okay?" came her voice.

        She's really here? Kris wondered and suddenly Nina chuckled as she approached the bed. "Yes Kris, I'm really here." she said. , I said it out loud? But what is she doing here? I thought-

        "Stop that," she said again as she placed the tray onto the side table and took a seat the edge of the bed. "You're frowning so hard. Does it still hurt?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

        "B-but you left..."

        "I did. But I never said I wasn't coming back, did I?" Nina smiled. "Besides, I'm pretty sure you told me I could come back anytime I want," she reminded him. 

        Kris fell silence at this. He recalled the conversation they had the night before she left - the night he proposed she stay as his girlfriend to fool his mother. "I'll think about it," she had said. "But first, I just want to go home. I miss my own home." Then it hit him. She never did say she was leaving for good. She just wanted to go to her own home and visit her mother. She never did say she was never coming back. But Kris assumed she was since... well, he didn't see why she would come back.

        Nina chuckled. Kris seemed to be lost in thought and she had to poke his shoulder to bring him back. "Come on, it's time to-" She was taken aback when she felt a pair of strong arms hugging the daylights out of her. Slightly bewildered by his actions, Nina could only freeze in his arms and only blinked when Kris pulled her away at arms' length. "K-Kris..."

        "Thank you, Nina."

        Her eyes widened before she managed to flash him a smile. She then proceeded to reach for the bowl she had on the tray and showed it to him. "I made you some porridge. You need to eat a bit before I can give you your meds. So try to eat as much as you can."

        Kris reached for the porridge in her hands and inhaled the scent. His stomach growled quietly and he took a bite, chewing slowly before grabbing another spoonful. Nina smiled from the side and simply watched as he slowly ate. The colours were returning to his face, replacing the pale colour she saw on his face earlier. He stopped, however, after eating half of the portion and she took it from him, not wanting to force him to eat. She then handed him a glass of water before passing him his medicines, and he ate them all without protest.

        "Still sleepy?" she asked when Kris rubbed his eyes. He absentmindedly nodded at her question and Nina inwardly squealed at how cute he managed to look like that. "Your mom will be able to sleep better after this since you're better now," she suddenly said as she cleared everything away. "She has been worried sick the whole time."

        "She's worried about everything when it comes to me." Kris tiredly responded. His eyes followed every of her movement and he felt his heart beating rapidly again as he stared at her face. Can't believe she's really here.

        "Well, I'll leave you to rest now." Nina was about to get up but Kris had caught her wrist, stopping her from leaving. "Wha-"

        "Stay."

        "B-But I-"

        "Please."

        The look on his face made her nod and she helped him lay back down when he struggled to do so. She pulled the covers over his body and blushed when she met eye contact with him. He took her by suprise again when he lifted his hand and caressed her cheek with the back of his hand. The feeling when their skin made contact made her sigh in contentment and she closed her eyes before opening them, only to meet his brown orbs.

        "Thank you for coming back." Kris whispered before placing his hand down to his side.

        Nina blushed and could only nod her head at him. Kris kept his eyes on her and she did the same. She suddenly felt like the room temperature increased when Kris continued to stare at her and her heart beats rapidly in her chest. She then felt like it was difficult for her to breathe, and luckily Kris's eyes drooped before it closed completely, enabling her to breath normally once again. She placed a hand on her chest and focused on her breathing for a few minutes before turning her attention back to him. He looks so peaceful like this... Slowly, she reached out and his hair like she did last night. Knowing that Kris was deep in slumber, Nina dared to lie down beside him - still his hair - and watched as he slept. But as minutes passed, Nina felt sleepy herself since she didn't sleep the night before as she was taking care of the male. She tried to fight it off but soon succumbed to the fatigue and slept.

 

 

        When Mrs. Wu entered her son's room to check up on him, she found them both sleeping soundly on the bed. She smiled at the sight and quietly approached the bed to cover the girl with another blanket to keep her warm. She looked tired and Mrs. Wu knew exactly why. The girl has been taking care of Kris since she arrived this morning from the airport and she felt grateful that Nina was around to take care of her son. Removing the tray from the bedside table, Mrs. Wu quietly made her way to the door and closed it behind her, her smile never leaving her face.

 


Just a short update for my dear minions.. How are you folks? Good? Not good? Have you eaten? Make sure you do... Sorry if it's kinda boring but it's the best I could come up with. Poor Kris thought he was dreaming but I've let him suffer enough. Did I make everything better again guys? Have I healed your broken hearts? Hehehe... Well, that's all for now. Till the next update my dear minions!

Comment. Vote. Subscribe.

You know how to make me happy.

Oh yeah.