i c h i

w a l l s

“Sungyeol-ah... Please live on...”

.

.

.

His eyes slowly opened. That dream again. He glanced towards the window. It had been another morning for him.

He sat up on his bed before made his way towards the kitchen. There was already another person who was cooking there.

“Annyeong, Sungyeol-ah.” the person greeted.

“Annyeong, Sunggyu-ah.” Sungyeol lazily replied before sat down and stared at the older man, “Where is Myungsoo-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung?”

“Probably travelling inside the Wall Sina.” Sunggyu said.

Sungyeol nodded, “How about Woohyun-hyung?”

Sunggyu chopped an onion WAY too hard.

Sungyeol chuckled nervously, “....I guess I don’t want to know... And Hoya-hyung?”

“Down in his laboratory. I can’t drag him outside, so I’ll just spare a bowl of stew for him later.” Sunggyu stirred the pot of stew he was cooking.

“They will never change, won’t them.” Sungyeol smiled slightly.

Sunggyu turned off the stove and served a bowl of stew for Sungyeol and another bowl for himself. He sat accross Sungyeol and smiled.

“But we’ve changed, haven’t we?”

Sungyeol stared at his stew and stirred it with his spoon. The memory was still fresh on his mind. They were his dream from last night, after all.

“Hey, Sunggyu-ah.”

“Yes?”

“I was dreaming.”

“About what?”

“About a boy who gave up on his dream in order to live on.”


[Farran District, Wall Maria, 825]

The young boy’s body shivered a bit when they were exposed and his skin was crashed by the cold breeze. But that wasn’t the only one that made him shivered.

Another person, apparently a 30 years old, stood in front of him and identified his body. He then nodded before picked up an injection with a red-ish liquid in it.

The young boy screamed as the needle jammed through his pale skin.


[Shiganshina District, Wall Maria, 839]

Lee Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

Another person who cursed about a particular thing. By particular, what he meant was those gigantic creatures who live outside the high building who ‘protected’ them, quoted from all the stupid people here.

He, however, chose to keep on walking and ignored what those people said. Eventually, he arrived in front of a house which he recognized as his client’s house. He knocked the door and it was opened. He was welcomed by a pair of round golden eyes.

“Excuse me, I have a packet for Miss Danshel.” Sungyeol said in a proper manner.

“Oh, that must be my packet.” the woman in front of him smiled and took the box gently from Sungyeol’s embrace, “Thank you so much.”

Sungyeol gave her a smile, “Not at all. It’s my job after all.”

The woman smiled before walked inside for a while and came back with some breads with her, “Here, please take this.”

“Thank you very much, Miss. I’m so grateful.” Sungyeol took the breads and smiled happily. He bowed slightly before walked away from her house.

When he turned left at the fork, he threw the breads with a disgusted face. “Rotten old hag. Think she can do all she please. Huh, if it weren’t for my dream, I wouldn’t do this job. What’s with these humans, jinjja. Ugh. Sooooo disgusting. I’m glad I was raised by Sungjong.” he murmured.

After the name ‘Sungjong’ escaped his lips, his face went darker. Ah, that name. That lovely name. Whose voice he could not hear any longer.

“Everyone around here just faking their faces with masks. Not like Sungjong who smiled at me kindly, hugged me lovingly, and took care of me patiently. He never lied. Ugh. Rather than those creatures called human, Sungjong was more, more honorable and noble.” he continued his grunts.

After a few minutes passed, he wore his mask again—that mask which everyone loves. The cheerful, lovely, endearing Lee Sungyeol. Well, another reason why he despised humans. They easily trust other person. He could easily deceived them with his mask.

Poor, poor humanity. But no, even if he was a human, he was raised by the mighty Lee Sungjong, and he was definitely a different case from all the dirty, lowly class humans like these around him.

But for now, he had to finish his job for the day and brought the last packet for the last client. He checked his note. The last client was someone called Jack.

So he made his way towards that Jack man’s house. After he finished (all those rubbish greetings and manners and fake smiles) and after he reported to his superior, he then was allowed to go home and do whatever he wants for the rest of the day.

Sungyeol went back for a while to change his clothes and ate lunch. After that, he took his basket out and started to search for some fruits inside the Wall Maria.

He passed the guards who were gathering in front of the inner wall, a passage to the inner side of Wall Maria. He gave them a faint nod, enough for him to made the guards allowed him to walk inside the wall.

See? Humanity is deceivable. Easily.

Sungjong taught him to not trust anyone so easily in his live. And when Sungjong says, that’s what Sungyeol follows.

Sungyeol arrived at a some kind of field, though there were some trees with fruits in it. Sungyeol freely took all the fruits because he knew no one would scold him. All the things in this field was free for anyone, so he just helped himself.

After picking some pear and oranges up, he then decided to go home as the dusk came. Once again, he gave the guards a faint nod before walked towards his house. He heard a noisy voice from everywhere.

Shiganshina was a small district, but it was so lively. If Sungyeol didn’t despise humanity that much, he would love to live in the district.

“Oh, look. Looks like Mrs. Jaeger is arguing with her son for the nth time this week.” he commented lazily when he saw the scene between a mother and his son who argued over a small, petty thing. Sungyeol didn’t bother.

He went straight to his house and slammed the door. And locked it. Never trust anyone. Including his own door, the windows, and his own house. Yes, Lee Sungyeol was that kind of person.

Deciding that it would be best if he cook for the dinner, he did it. By 6 p.m., he finished cooking and ate by himself. 7 p.m., he climbed up into his comfortable couch and started reading on some books he managed to purchase with his lowly budget.

At 9 p.m., it’s another bed time for him, but as usual, he kept awake for at least 2 hous before he actually drifted into sleep.

That 2 hours was when he was being himself. Not the cheerful Lee Sungyeol, nor the grumpy and human-phobia Lee Sungyeol, but as Lee Sungyeol.

And remembering his past with his lovely father, Lee Sungjong.


[Shiganshina District, Wall Maria, 839]

Kim Sunggyu rubbed the last dirty spot from the last plate before wiped the sweat which appeared on his forehead.

His mother chuckled softly, “Sunggyu-ah, you can go sleep now.”

“But, umma—”

“It’s alright. Umma can take care of the cleaning. You just go rest.” his mother’s words were undeniable, so Sunggyu nodded and kissed his mother’s cheek and bid goodbye at his father before walked slowly to his room and started at the ceiling.

“How nice would it be if we can stay like this....”

.

.

.

Yes, how nice would it be.

But in this world, there is nothing nice.

You shouldn’t trust anyone easily. You’d be just no more than a standing still prey, waiting for a beast to kill it.

You shouldn’t trust a mere line which divided you from the outer world, whom you called by walls.


First chapter is up!

And OMFG i got 4 subsribers already? LEMME HUG YOUUUUU /titan hug/

Anyway, I kinda wanted to apologize since I most likely will write this a little slow, since I haven't read the manga yet. Sooo maybe I will update this once a month. ;;;;;

Eoh wait, if I just updated this, then it wouldn't be fun, isn't it? How about we do a quiz?

Yep! A quiz! But sorry though, I can't give you a reward yet since I have nothing and this account is my friend's so I can't do a karma-give away... *sobs*

Is it okay? If yes, then this is the question!

Guess who are my favorite characters from SnK! (There are 4, 3 from the 104th Squad and 1 from the Recon Corps) ;D

Ok? Hey, I have an idea. I will post this and give you a quiz on each chapter. The person who have the most points in the end of the fic, I will write her/him a one-shot! How about it? Interesting enough? Well, let the game begin! xD