Healing the broken

Broken

           Broken glass lay everywhere. Torn photos were strewn across the floor. Dishes were piled up in the sink and disheveled clothes were strewn across the floor. The tv had fallen onto the ground, the couch was shredded, and pillows were thrown across the room and were ripped apart. I think that i also saw some blood spots here and there to. The only thing that was the same was the constant flow of music throughout the apartment. Except that back then the music was always beautiful upbeat melodies, but now the music was of pure sadness and sorrow. I followed the depressing flow of music to her bedroom. I knocked to let her know that i was coming in. I gently opened her door. What i saw was very unnerving. What i saw was my best friend, well more like a hollow shell of herself. She was sitting on her bed, the sheets and pillows everywhere. Her eyes were lifeless, her clothes were disheveled, her hair was a complete mess, there were tear streaks down her face, and her hands had crusted blood on them. I softly called out her name to see if she would respond. As she lifted her head fresh tears started to fall. She didn't want anyone to know about this because she didn't want people to see her like this. I mean she is an ulzzang after all. Of course she wouldn't want people to see her bloodshot eyes or the huge bags underneath her eyes. I sat next to her and pulled her into a hug so she could cry her heart out. Her boyfriend had broken up with her like 4 days ago in the worst way possible in my opinion. I can't believe she reduced herself to this in just 4 days. She had just gotten off of work and was on her way home when she saw her boyfriend making out with some other chick. She ran home and confronted him when he got home. He didn't even try to deny it or apologize. He laughed at her, hit her, then yelled at her that she was ugly, worthless, and that no one would ever lover her. Then he just walked out on her. I heard about the next day. I would've heard about it sooner but i was out on a business trip. I just got home last night. Thank god i had a spare key to her house. Her crying had finally subsided. I could tell she hadn't gotten up to bathe these past few days, so i helped her up to the bathroom.  I washed her hair and started her shower. I let her wash herself. As she showered i went and made her some food. I had noticed that her body had begun to eat itself. She might as well have been a skeleton. I baked some pasta and made a smoothie. Something super healthy but not to much. When she was done i sat her down in front of the food and sat across from her. I just sat there watching her pick at her food. But she finally started to eat a little bit at a time. The whole time I was there she showed absolutely no sign of any emotions. I had to leave but i made sure to come back every single day to make sure she would eat and bathe herself. Some nights I stayed with her to comfort her when she had nightmares. After a few more weeks I somehow convinced her to come outside of the apartment. I took her to a  funny new movie and nothing. I took her to a dog cafe and im pretty sure that she cracked a slight smile with all the puppies jumping on her. We finally just took a calming walk around a park. We listened to some happy melodies and drank some bubble tea. She started to smile and laugh more by the end of the day. We were walking home when she stopped in her tracks and slightly gasped. I turned and looked at what she was staring at. It was the guy who hurt her and dumped her. He was walking with his arm around a very ty looking chick. I turned back to see if she was okay. She had started to run so i chased after her. We stopped under some trees. "Hey are you okay?" I asked her. "I'm done. I'm done with him for good. Today was the first time in a long time that i have been happy. Just because I saw him doesnt mean i should let him ruin my day let alone my life." She turned around with a smile. I smiled back knowing that she would be alright and i will be here for her the whole time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey guys! FInally updated this.! The whole reason for this story was just to say that no matter who or what hurts you dont let it rule your life. Use it to become stronger and boost yourself up.!