Final

The Two Of Us

Kikwang stood in the middle of the parade square of the campus, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He looked around, as if waiting for someone to appear. Feeling anxious, he breathed in and out. Trying to calm himself down, he recollected the memories of him and her. Their love started in the campus, and he decided he should start another chapter of their love with her here.
 
Then:
It was love at first sight for him. He remembered that particular Monday, when the teacher introduced a new transfer student to the class. That was when he saw her, Jeon Hyosung. Her hair was tied into a ponytail, and she smiled while greeting the class, introducing herself. He loved the way she smiled. Her smile gave him warmth, and he secretly thought that it was cute when her gums showed whenever she smiled.
 
The teacher had assigned Hyosung to sit beside him. Kikwang vividly remembered the first sentence she said as she sat down. It was "Hello, I'm Jeon Hyosung. What's your name?". It was a simple sentence, yet, it was enough to make his heart flutter.
 
As he helped Hyosung to familiarise with the school's surroundings and their classmates, they slowly got closer. They understood each other better, and as though they could read each other's minds, they could complete sentences for one another. Kikwang secretly liked Hyosung, afraid to confess, for he was afraid of being rejected, and it could then change the relationship they had with one another.
 
He decided to confess to Hyosung after his friends, Yoseob and Doojoon, encouraged him.
 
"You'd regret it if you don't confess to Hyosung," Yoseob had encouraged.
 
'Yeah, Seob is right, even if you get rejected, at least you tried" Doojoon had commented.
 
Kikwang then chose Valentine's Day as "Confession Day". He had left a small bouquet of violets in her locker. He felt happy, when she saw Hyosung bringing the bouquet of violets to class. Hyosung guessed who the violets were from the entire day. She threw out names to Kikwang, and Kikwang would always say, "No, it can't be him". By the end of the day, Hyosung hadn't even guessed that the violets were from him.
 
As Kikwang walked Hyosung home, he was feeling more nervous than the day before, when he had decided to confess to her.
 
"I've reached." Hyosung had said, when she reached the doorstep of her house.
 
"Oh, really? That was fast," Kikwang had mumbled, looking around the surroundings. "I guess I'll go home then, see you tomorrow," Kikwang walked away, his head hung low.
 
He then heard Hyosung's voice after walking a few steps.
 
"Kikwang-ah! Wait! Don't you have something to tell me?" she asked.
 
"What?" was Kikwang's reply.
 
"The violets." Hyosung said as she waved the bouquet. "You were the one, right?'
 
"How did you know?" asked Kikwang, walking closer to Hyosung until he was in front of her.
 
"I guessed" said Hyosung, smiling. Kikwang felt his heart skip a beat when she smiled.
 
Present:
"Kikwang-ah!" Kikwang heard the familiar sweet voice and he knew it was Hyosung". He turned around and saw her walking towards him. She smiled, showing her gums and his heart thumped wildly. Today, would be a special day for both of them. Kikwang watched, as Hyosung approached nearer.
 
My heart beats with excitement, watching your smile.
for a long time i have waited for a love that was destined to be
im sure now its you
 
As Hyosung stood in front of Kikwang, her eyes meeting his, he knelt down on one leg in front of her. He held out the bouquet of violets and took out a turqoised box from his pocket. Taking in a deep breath, he asked, "Would you marry me?"