ONE

Star Crossed Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-I-

 

January 16, 1999- first semester of middle school

 

I’m only fourteen, attending middle school education at Inha University. I was never close to any of my classmates either with my homeroom teacher. I do love music so much that I’m even playing piano in my school’s choir group, but I still manage to remain unnoticed and was often alone. 

                  “Honey, hurry up!” Eomma called me from her room. Soft melody of piano playing through the entire interior of our house since I was practicing one of the songs we’re going to perform.

Loud noises of feet running down the stairs indicating my hurried steps. “Eomma, can I just stay home?” I ask pleadingly, putting on my headgear which end up being messily made.

                 “Wookie, it’s your Auntie’s house warming party and besides it was just few blocks away...” Mom reasoned, crouching down to fix the bonnet on my head “… and, don’t you want to meet Kyuhyunnie?” she continued, kissing my forehead lovingly, sending her little message to my conscience.  

                 “Mom, Kyu and I are not that close.” I tried to remind her.

                 “At least you can give him company while we’re in there.” I watch her move around as she gather her bag on the couch.

Heaving a sigh, I nodded my head. I think I still can’t say no to her. It was as if my mother has no idea that I wasn’t as friendly as any other children were. I can even clearly remember that whenever we would visit the Cho residence, I would just stuck with my mother in the kitchen and never talk with Kyuhyun or with his sister, Ahra.  

Mom has her hand grasping my shoulder lightly while I have my head hung low as we walk around the neighbourhood, I’m still thinking about making a little excuse. Can’t I just stay at our house and play piano? I once thought as we come nearer and nearer to my auntie’s house. I’m feeling nervous for no reason.

                 “Auntie!” a high pitch voice shouted from afar, I jolted up and glance at the fine lady standing in front of me and mom and she’s grinning widely. “Ahra-ah.” I can here mom called her.

Noona? I tried to compare the 10 years  old Ahra that I met when I was like eight and the lady that was standing in front of me now. She grew up well.

                “Wookie?! Wah! You’re so cute~” she squealed, collecting me in a tight hug. Laughing breathlessly, I let a soft “Noona” out of my struggling lungs.

                “Kyuhyunnie will be glad to see you again!” she continued, dragging the poor me to her tow. Shouting Cho Kyuhyun the moment when we have entered the house. I myself can’t remember being this close to the girl or either Kyuhyun, reason for the latter to be ‘glad’ at seeing me again.

Kids in my age are running around the house and a laughing boy making his way into us. He’s quite taller than me. “Kyu!” Ahra’s loud voice resounded again after a few minutes of being silence causing me to step back a little. So this man is Kyuhyun, he grew taller and handsome than the way he used to be when we’re younger.

                “Noona!” spat the boy back to his sister, who let out an irate tsk. It such an amazing view watching this two shouts. It was like as if they have megaphone stuck in their throat.

                “There you are!” Ahra pointed at Kyuhyun and continue, “be nice to Wookie~” and dashed off, running clumsily to her group of friends. Was I supposed to talk to him… or he’ll do the honor of starting?

Once we’re alone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter