Friendship will always last [ONE-SHOT]

Friendship will always last [ONE-SHOT]

 

“Please, ---------, don’t…” Jenny said as she tried to move away from me, but couldn’t because of her wounds.

“That’s what you get for stealing everything from me, like my friends and boyfriend,” I told her.

Before Jenny could answer, I stabbed her. She was dead. Blood was everywhere. My school uniform was covered in blood; it was on the floor and on the desk. I stared at the dead body and started shaking. I gasped and accidentally dropped the knife that I was holding. The truth was finally starting to sink in.

--

A month ago, I was walking to school with my friends: Junghwa, Eunjae, Jaekyung, Taecyeon, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Jaebeom. As the guys parted and the girls went for their classroom, I realized that someone was sitting in my seat. There sat a girl with a ponytail named Jenny.

“Excuse me,” I said as my friends went to sit down in their seats, “I don’t think you should sit there.”

“Why?” Jenny said in her cold voice and glared at me.

“Because… I sit there?” I told her, thoroughly confused as to why she was being so rude.

“Well, it doesn’t say your name or anything. Why don’t you go sit somewhere else?”

“But that’s…” I tried to protest but got cut off by the bell.

The teacher walked in and saw me standing even after the bell.

“Lee ---------,” said Mr. Kim, “Please take a seat.”

I sighed and sat down in an empty seat in the middle of the classroom.

--

When first class ended, I got up and was going to talk with my friends before second class started, but Jenny was already talking to them and everyone was laughing. I sighed and just sat back down, deciding not to interrupt them.

--

Finally, it was lunch time. I walked toward the cafeteria, hoping that I could talk to my friends… but there she was, again, with my friends. I sighed and sat somewhere else silently. What a horrible day this was. Suddenly, someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around. It was my boyfriend, Kyuhyun.

“So,” he said, “why aren’t you sitting with them?” He pointed to my friends.

“Oh, I don’t really feel like it,” I told him.

“Aigo, okay… do you want me to sit with you?”

“Okay,” I said to him, smiling. At least there was someone that she didn’t steal away from me yet…

--

A week passed, and slowly my friends became her best friends. Another week passed and then another. Slowly, everyone went to her besides my boyfriend – he stayed by my side every day.

--

Later that week, I was walking down the hall. I saw Jenny making out with someone.

“Jenny, I don’t think I can do this to her,” The tall boy said as he gasped for air.

“Oh Kyu, she will never know,” Jenny said, smirking at him and kissing him all over again.

Kyuhyun? My Kyu? Making out with someone else? No way… it can’t be him… I walked closer and closer until I finally was able to make out the face. It was him. Cho Kyuhyun making with that… 

They never even noticed me. I turned away, running home, skipping my classes for the rest of the day, thinking up a plot to end this once in for all.

--

Once I got home, I locked myself in my room. I started to plan my revenge. I could… push her so she could break her leg. No that’s too nice. I need something more… something more evil. What I wanted most was her, dead. I smirked. Finally, I came up with the right solution.
--

I was shaking and realized, yet again, that I killed her. I think I was going to start laughing hysterically, but someone opened the door. I turned around and saw Junghwa. She stared at me and then she looked at the body, and back at me. fell open in shock.

“What?” I said to her in a disgusted voice.

“You… killed Jenny?” she said.

“Yeah, I did. Why do you care?” I said coldly.

“---------, why?” Junghwa asked, tears forming in her eyes.

I turned away from her and stared at the dead body blankly. Junghwa slowly walked towards me and tapped me on the shoulder, so I turned to her.

“---------,” she said, “let’s trade clothes.”

I stared at her, my eyes widening. Someone like Junghwa should not help a murderer like me.

--

After a couple minutes, we exchanged clothes and Junghwa smeared blood all over herself, telling me to leave while she was making it look like she murdered Jenny.

I turned around and looked at her once more before breaking for it.

--

Once I got home, I the TV and saw the newscast talking about the murder that I – no, I mean – Junghwa committed.

“Breaking news!” said the reporter, “At Seoul High, the police found a dead teenager, and the suspect of the murder.”

I stared at the screen, trembling as Jenny’s body was brought out of Seoul High.

“The teen was thought to be stabbed multiple times,” said another reporter.

Junghwa walked out with the police, compliant, and people tried to take pictures and interview her but the police wouldn’t let them. 

I turned off the TV and sat on the couch. This made me really depressed, seeing Junghwa going to jail for something she never committed… she’s such a good friend, I don’t think I deserve her at all.

--

The next day, I was with my friends for the first time in a long while, unusually quiet. They were talking about Junghwa. Taecyeon and I was the only people that were quiet during the whole conversation that they were having.

“I can’t believe unnie would kill someone,” Eunjae said sadly.

“I never knew she had that personality,” Jaekyung commented.

“Why were we friends with someone so… evil?” Sungmin asked.

Each of these insults was pissing me off. I wanted to shout that I was the one that killed her, not Junghwa. But I didn’t say anything. Taecyeon tapped me on the shoulder and I looked at him. He didn’t even look like himself; he looked like some hobo that was on the street stalking us. Well obviously, knowing that his girlfriend had killed someone. He mouthed something; like let’s chat or something. I excused myself from my friends, and Taecyeon and I walked alone.

--

“---------,” he said,” I know Junghwa didn’t kill that girl.”

Does he know that it was me?

“Junghwa wouldn’t have the guts to kill someone. She’s too nice.” Taecyeon said blankly, staring at the wall.

The truth really hurts. I also knew that Junghwa wouldn’t have the guts to kill someone. I can’t handle this. I have to tell someone or I’m going to go mad. My eyes started to water and Taecyeon gave me a tissue and I wiped my eyes with it. The tears fell involuntarily, and I couldn’t stop as my body was wracked with sobs. After I stopped crying, I decided that I should tell Taecyeon about what happened for the past month… and who really should be in jail.

--

Epilogue

A year has passed since that incident; and Junghwa finally came out of jail. I hugged her tightly, crying and whispering, “I’m sorry, I should have taken the blame. I shouldn’t have let you go to jail…”

Junghwa just smiled, patting me gently on the back. “It’s okay, ---------, that’s what friends are for… right?”