Normal - end

Normal

When things weren’t so abnormal.

+++

1

It was a rainy day when Lee Donghae saw Im Yoona for the first time. He was sitting in his usual place with Lee Hyukjae, his bestfriend, when Im Yoona entered the cafeteria. Her hair only reached to her shoulder that day and her bangs clipped by a ribbon-shaped hair clip. Her face was slightly pale, hair was damp and there are some dark splotches on her clothes.

Maybe she failed to find a shelter when the rain started.

She looked pretty to Donghae.

9

The second time Lee Donghae saw Yoona was when he was in the library. It was a ridiculously hot day. Yoona was sitting on the farthest table in the library (but somehow he still able to spot her), books piled in front of her. The same ribbon-shaped hair clip rest on her head. That time, she looked prettier.

10

It was a simple brush. Yoona was rushing to the west wing of their campus while Donghae just finished his class in the west wing of their campus.

She smelt like strawberry and a hint of her lunch.

43

She was in her part-time job. That day, her hair already a little bit longer than a month ago and she tied it into a messy ponytail (it always amazed Donghae how girls’ hair grow so fast). Her face was bare, there’s no existence of make up on her face. Donghae could tell because he is usually surrounded by girls whose face caked with make up yet managed to look like they are not wearing any.

Sometimes Donghae wondered why girls use make up to look like they are not wearing any?

Oh, Lee Donghae, you just don’t understand about girls. Do you?

100

The first thing Donghae noticed about Yoona is always her hair. That day, her already reached her back and braided into a neat—lovely, if he might add—braid (he didn’t knew what kind of braiding style was that).

She was wearing a white blouse with a washed-out blue skinny jeans and a pair of comfortable sneakers; totally contrasted the other girls who were wearing mini-skirts with a pair of heels that is more appropriate to throw someone’s head with rather than to walk on.   

She’s still captivating.

106

She had made him mad with curiosity.

110

“What’s her major?” Donghae asked Hyukjae, his eyes not leaving the sight of Yoona.

“Who?” Hyukjae asked back, attention on his carton of strawberry milk.

“Im Yoona,”

“Psychology,”

“I see,”

Donghae stood up from his seat.

“Hae,” Hyukjae called.

“Hm?”

“Don’t get too involved with her,”

115

Donghae felt like a stalker. He’s been following Yoona for the past five days. Whenever he didn’t have class, he always followed Yoona. It takes exactly five days for Donghae to know Yoona’s class schedule.

Very smooth, Donghae. Stalk her and she might notice you, his conscious mocked.

Donghae decided that his curiosity towards Yoona has developed into something more. It’s not love, it’s way too early to say that it’s love. It’s an attraction.

141

Donghae is frustrated from all the stalking he’s been doing. It’s about time he should let her know about his existence.

“Don’t get too involved with her, man,” Hyukjae warned.

“Do you like her?”

Hyukjae quirks a brow, “What makes you think so? I have Tiffany already,”

Donghae shrugged as an answer.

“There’s something off about her,”

200

After few weeks of contemplating, Donghae decided to man up. The hell with his friends’ warnings, they only want Yoona to themselves. Im Yoona was pretty, emitting innocence and eloquence, who wouldn’t want to have Yoona by themselves?

With a can of fruit juice, a sticky note and a pen, Donghae strides into the library, sitting in the table placed not far from the entrance of the of the library—so he could keeping track who’s coming, waiting for Yoona to enter the library and occupy her usual seat.

He waited for the one hour and she didn’t show up.

Two hours.

Three hours and now it’s time for his class. She couldn’t be in class, right? He kept track with all her schedules.

With a disappointed sigh, he stood up and left the library.

Little did he know, Yoona was already in the library. Donghae just failed to notice.

201

He waited again, with a sticky note that saying “Let’s have lunch together tomorrow, at 2. Donghae” pasted on a can of coffee. He hoped she’d come. He didn’t have any class today and he knows her lecture ends in 10 minutes.

After eighteen minutes and thirty seven seconds of waiting, Donghae saw Yoona made her way to her usual spot. She even walks prettily. She placed the books she’s been carrying on the table then stood up to get even more books.

It seems like for Yoona, books are more interesting than human’s interaction.

Do you find books more interesting than me?

Will you find me more interesting than books?

Donghae waited for a moment before he stalked to her table and placed the coffee between the pile of her books; making sure that the sticky note would align with her sight as soon as she sat down.

202

Donghae introduced himself as Lee Donghae for the first time to the beautiful Im Yoona.

+++

Who knew a simple can of coffee and a sticky note could take things to a very different turns?