Chapter 18 - Nightmares

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

E POV

            My worst nightmare has come true. I knew that this would be how we would end. I just knew it. I could sense it when Donghae started to ignore me but I kept pushing my apprehensions down, thinking that everything would still be alright. I was and am a fool. I bit down on my lip and tried to force the tears back down.

            I glanced over and saw a picture of the two of us standing on a bridge, trying to imitate the Titanic pose and really broke down this time. My heart wrenched together and I couldn’t stop as I found the tears coursing down my cheek.

            I howled loudly and channeled all the feelings of the wild animal in me. I didn’t care that I was staining the sheets. I didn’t care that people outside could potentially hear me. I had to let it out and this was my way of doing it. I grabbed at my chest and tried to block out the pain, block out the anger and disappointment that was slowly building in me. I was a fool.

            There was a knock on the door and my brain slowly started to formulate some sort of an excuse, a reason for my craziness but nothing came. The doorknob turned and I heard a loud sigh. The voice wasn’t Donghae’s so nothing else registered.

            The bed sank again and I waited for the question. There came nothing. When I looked up, I saw that it was Kyuhyun. My heart warmed slightly. Our maknae was smiling slightly and he held out a tissue.

            “Were you just fighting with Donghae-hyung huh?” He seemed to chuckle at this. “You two are always fighting. It’s really too adorable. If it’s not about who’s topping, it’s about who gets to sit by the window. Really you two.”

            I sniffled and wiped at my nose. I wasn’t even angry that he thought this was funny. I didn’t even care that he thought this was another spat. It just mattered that he’s here. I leaned into Kyuhyun and forced the dreadful words out of my mouth.

            “Kyuhyunie-ah, we’re over.”

            The change in his expression was automatic and if it weren’t so drastic, funny to watch. “Hyung, are you serious? What happened this time?” But I could tell from the way he was frowning that he may already know what just happened.

            “Why don’t you tell me?” I hiccupped. “Your face seems like it knows what has happened.” I knew I was being uncharacteristically rude and unfair to my dongsaeng but I didn’t want to think about the reason.

            He put his arms around me again and didn’t answer me. “Talk to him. I’ll talk to him. I don’t think he means it. I think he’s just in a bad mood so he’s pushing out irrationally. Why don’t you stop crying and take it slowly? He’ll come around. I’ll make sure of it.”

            I sniffled and shook my head. “I always knew it would happen like this but he insisted that he would never leave me.”

K POV

            The moment I heard, “Kyuhyunie-ah, we’re over,” I knew just what had happened. I tried to provide all the comfort and love for hyung and immediately cursed LeiLei out. She must have done something or said something to make Donghae believe that their relationship wasn’t meant to be. Of course it would be that stupid Fish who would believe it.

            I ground my teeth together and laid Eunhyuk down on the bed. He curled into a fetal position and I nearly cried myself. His eyes were rimmed with red and his nose was bright red. Tear tracks stained his cheeks and he couldn’t control his sniffling.

            I covered him with a blanket and walked out, knocking into LeiLei. She gave me a shocked look and my lips curled into a sneer.

            “Well, well. Look at who I found outside?” I stood in front of the door, not caring that she was a lady and I should be gentlemanly. Not to this girl I won’t be.

            She stammered. “I-I was trying to see if Eunhyuk-oppa would want to go over some of the Chinese we learned yesterday.”

            I snarled. “Fat chance. I know you had a hand in hurting him and I want you out. I don’t want to see you anywhere near him unless we’re doing an interview. I don’t need you messing up what I worked so hard to build.”

            She took an innocent look. “What are you talking about?”

            I had to switch my answer. “Eunhyuk-shi has been unhappy for a long time and when I finally get him to be happy, you come and mess everything up. I won’t elaborate but I want you to stop.”

            She bit her lips, pretending to look innocent and I nearly punched her. “I just wanted to-”

            “Leave! Don’t make me call SM and tell them to send us another translator because I swear to the high heavens if you don’t stop I will do just that!” I was jabbering now. I didn’t stop to think about whether what I said made sense. All I wanted was for her to leave.

            She backed away when the other hyungs walked out of their rooms. Siwon raised an eyebrow and looked at the two of us. “I get a break for a day and I wake up to bickering. What happened?”

            I glared at her. “Nothing. LeiLei is about to leave now isn’t she?”

            She gave me a hard look before walking away.

            Sungmin peered into the room and Ryeowook tsked. “What happened to our Monkey boy?”

            “Apparently he and Donghae are over.”

            Everyone looked shocked and Siwon pulled out his phone. “Impossible. I saw him walk out the door. He looked fine. A bit tense but he looked fine. And if anything we all know that if they were to break up it would be the other way around.”

            I closed the door and spat at the hallway. “It’s that witch over there. I think she’s the reason why. She’s trying to break them apart.”

            Ryeowook shook his head. “We have no choice but to wait this out. Hopefully Donghae can come around.”

LeiLei

            I had all the confirmation I needed. When Kyuhyun chased me out, I had to fight to stop my smile. I had done it. Finally. Those two were over. I laughed to myself. I never imagined it to be so easy. I always thought Donghae would put up more of a fight.

            After listening to the recording, I ran upstairs immediately to make sure that it was true. I stood outside their room and felt only a stab of pain at Eunhyuk’s pain. But he deserved it. He deserved it for ignoring me and sticking with Donghae. I felt no regrets. 

 

Our boys are back and I'm so excited.

I realized, I finished Monkey Love Fishy almost a year ago.

I'm sorry I took so long with this but I still appreciate all of you who still stayed with me. I look forward to reading your comments.

y, Free and Single indeed ♥