An angel's touch

Nathaniel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nathaniel?" she asked uncertainly, her eyes wide with disbelief. "Is that really your name?" He nodded, with a slight smile curved on his lips. "How bad does that sound?" He asked her, as if he hadn't noticed her expression. She ignored him.

Suji was not very gratified of his secret identity, never known by anyone. First he said his name was Myung Soo, and that he was living in an apartment in Kyonghee. Though he said he did, Suji had never been to his apartment, nor did she know where exactly he lived in Kyonghee, and what his job really was, except that he worked as a photographer for a random paper, until she caught him, his arms folded on his knees, sitting idly on her roof. She questioned him since; nevertheless he stubbornly stuck to his old story, until today, the day that he accidently spoke of his real name. She held out her palm, ready to slap him, though she didn't want to hurt his tanned face, so angel like, which apparently convinced her to believe him.

And ‘Nathaniel certainly didn’t sound very Korean.

He refused to come to the 'Korea observer' editors' dinner, which was held few nights ago, and made lame excuses, which his smile made her believe, and she did. And there he was, smiling widely at her as they walked down the pavement, Suji, on a worthless attempt to bring out his concealed, unknown life story, while he was on a rather fruitful try, keeping his hidden life as it is.

The autumn wind rushed over her face as Suji hugged her, huddled inside her trench coat. Nathaniel, if it was really his name, was right next to her, watching as her face changed. It was clouded with anger, which Bae Suji hated the most. Her mother used to think of her as a gentle flower. She wanted it to stay that way, convinced that that's what her long-gone mother always wanted her to be. She didn't want to let it change. She couldn't let a random man with an unknown personality, to change it either. She took a long breath before she spoke again.

"Okay...Myung-Nathaniel, why were you sitting on my roof that night?"

He flashed a smile at her, before he cleared his throat to speak. "I...just dropped by...to say hi...that's all..." Suji clenched her teeth. He kept lying, probably not knowing that his lies were too obvious for her. She eyed him, her eyes narrowed."Liar" It was all she could think of. He kept silent, his soft dark hair falling over his forehead to his face, his face so angel-like in a way that it had never been before. She wanted to cry, scream out saying how much she was hurt, unable to accept his lies. She had only known him for few weeks, and she adored him since. She couldn't help it. That's the whole reason why she had to accept the fact that she was in love. It was crazy, in her perception. It was not like it had been for her before. She had no need to know who he was. She just wanted to be in his embrace. Now she had realized that she was slipping from his embrace. She didn't want to, even though he lied to her, she didn't want to let it happen, she didn't want to lose him. That's how much she loved him.

But the truth of him being possessed with a not so Korean name did get on her nerves, bad. He seemed all Korean alright. How could only his real name be so…English?

Oh right…she thought. Maybe he was someone with dual citizenship, she had heard of such people who had English names since people from other countries found it difficult to pronounce their native appellations.

Suji had always hated the autumn, it had always been the time during which she lose everything, she lost her mother, last autumn, and now, she was about to lose her love.

Her love who apparently held a great secret behind his oh-so-alluring eye smile.

"I'm not lying...why would I ever?" He asked, his gorgeous dark eyes twinkling with his smile.

Suji shrugged. She had no answer. "Don't know...why is your name English? are you a spy or something on a secret mission to spy on south Korea?" She wanted to laugh at her foolishness, but that was all which came up to her mind. However, Myung Soo found it amusing, and started laughing, his eyes closed as he did.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter