Final

White Lies

Kyungsoo lies on his side and feels the mattress form shallow dents under his body. His pyjamas match the shade of blue of the bed sheets, he notes, and giggles to himself – Jongin loves just exactly this colour.

He looks up to see the door open, and his boyfriend steps in, as breath-taking as usual. He gives Kyungsoo a crooked smile and the smaller boy moves over to the edge to the mattress. Their hands connect and Kyungsoo pulls him to his side.

“Hey.” Kyungsoo greets softly, smiling blissfully up at the tan boy and his thumb against his cheekbone.

The tan boy says nothing, but watches him carefully, unspoken emotions hidden behind brown irises.

They stay like this for the rest of the night, settling down in each other’s presence, letting the comfortable silence speak for their love.

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo wakes up in Jongin’s embrace. He breathes in deeply to take in the younger’s boy scent, but his nose does not detect the familiar scent he has gotten so used to smelling every morning and night.

Maybe I’m still having a cold, my nose is all choked up, Kyungsoo thinks to himself, feeling a tinge of longing.

He turns his head with care, not wanting to arouse the sleeping boy from his sleep, and squints through his bad eyesight.

10am, he manages to figure out from the image of blurry clock arms and cursive numbers.

Snuggling closer to Jongin, he does not make any further movement, but remains motionless just to feel his skin against Jongin’s, and the security of embrace within his arms. He can stay like this all day, he thinks happily.

The sound of footsteps reverberates outside, getting louder as they draw nearer. The doorknob turns quietly and the door swings open to reveal Sehun and Luhan, who gaze in carefully. They break into a smile when they spot Kyungsoo in the bed, dreamily smiling to himself.

They step into the room, hand in hand, and Luhan opens his mouth to speak. However, Kyungsoo puts a finger to his lips, gesturing for them to keep their voices down.

“Jongin is sleeping,” Kyungsoo mouths, “I’ll talk to you guys later.”

With an apologetic smile and a nod of his head, Kyungsoo turns away with eyes that seem too far away.

 

What he does not notice, are the looks of worry that Sehun and Luhan exchange before they leave the room quietly.

 

“Jongin-ah, were you the one who cooked all these food?” Kyungsoo glares playfully at the tan boy who sits across him, watching him finish his meal.

With a cheeky grin, Jongin nods sheepishly and Kyungsoo knocks a fist gently against his head.

“I knew it, no one can cook any worse than you.” He laughs, amused at the lack of culinary skills that his boyfriend possess, in contrast to him.

The gaze on him does not break, but Kyungsoo does not mind because he is used to it. Every day, without fail, Jongin comes home for dinner and they sit at the dining table, watching each other adoringly and falling into small talk.

However, recently, Jongin seems to prefer speechless gazing, rather than their idle chats over how their days went. Kyungsoo had felt something was amiss at first, but as days pass, he grows accustomed to their quiet interactions.

Maybe he’s tired, but either way, as long as he’s here, I don’t mind. Kyungsoo thinks, smiling against the spoon in his mouth.

 

Kyungsoo does not notice ten grown men that stand outside his room, some peering at him through the narrow strip of glass

 

“Is his condition getting any… better?”

“He still thinks Jongin is with him, Baek, he pretends that they still have each other.” A deep voice says, sadness lacing every word.

“Don’t you think we should tell him?” Another voice suggests hesitantly.

“It’s no use, Junmyun, he knows, but he doesn’t accept the truth. He knows Jongin died in that freak accident, but…”

“Reminding him is going to worsen his condition.”

“Letting him stay all alone in a psychiatric hospital ward isn’t helping either, Yifan.” A soft voice reminds.

“But what can we do?”

Grim silence falls as a curtain over the group.

 

(704 words)

 

a/n:

-don't kill me :-)

-using all the time i have left to write fics before a major exam is not healthy

-my first angst fic goes to kaisoo bcos fluff is for hunhan LOL ok sorry

-comment/subscribe/upvote to show your love! hehe