Someday

Too Far Gone
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekho instantly felt the extra weight added onto his bed. He felt someone cuddle against him in fear, quiet sobs accompanying the trembling body.

"Minki," Baekho muttered sleepily as he slowly woke up. He already knew who it was. This happened so frequently that Baekho just grew to expect it. "What's wrong?"

A few sniffles could be heard from Ren as he wiped his tears from his face. "It's raining, Hyung. I'm scared."

Baekho hadn't even noticed the sound of the rain until Ren had mentioned it. He knew that Ren was now deathly afraid of rain. It was raining the night that seemed to have changed Ren for good, and the rain only gave Ren reminders of the nightmare he went through. Ren remembered it well, despite the severe head trauma he suffered from it. If anything, his hyungs wished that the maknae had forgotten everything. That way, he'd be a bit more peaceful.

"I didn't want to wake you up," Ren continued to explain after a few moments of silence. "But I was so scared and the rain wouldn't stop."

Baekho started rubbing Ren's back, awkwardly, but he knew he was still providing a form of comfort for Ren.

He couldn't understand why Ren always ran to him first. That night was Baekho's fault in the first place, at least, that's what he believed. No matter what anybody told him, he knew that he had a hand in Ren's current condition, and he could tell that his bandmates sometimes felt the same way too. All of them except Ren.

No matter what, Ren refused to let Baekho take any type of blame.

Baekho hated that. 

"It's okay," Baekho whispered. "Just relax and try to go back to sleep." He felt Ren snuggle closer to him. "You know you're safe as long as you're with us, right?" he asked.

Ren slowly nodded. "Nothing can hurt me," he replied, repeating what his hyungs always told him when he got scared.

"Then why are you scared?" Baekho asked. "You know we'll take care of you, right?"

Ren nodded again. "I have bad dreams," he said.

Me too. "I know," Baekho replied. "And I know that's hard."

"Will you sing?" Ren asked, sounding like a child. "It helps me sleep when you sing."

"Of course I will," Baekho answered.

Three songs later, Ren was fast asleep.

Not every night was that easy. 

Some nights were so terrible that everyone stayed awake. 

Nights like these stressed everyone out, and it made Ren feel terrible. 

"Just let it out, Ren," Aron said softly as he rubbed circles into Ren's back.

The maknae was hunched over the toilet, vomiting his guts out. This was a usual occurrence. Ren's medicines had some bad side effects, nausea being one of them. But sometimes his hyungs just knew that Ren's sickness could also be the result of his terrible memories and flashbacks.

When Ren was finally done, Aron pulled him to his chest. The two of them sat on the tile floor in silence,  just wanting some peace. Aron held him tighly, petting his hair.

"Sorry," Ren finally muttered after a few minutes.

"Don't be," Aron replied, hating the fact that Ren felt the need to apologize for everything. "You can't help it if you're sick." Aron continued comforting Ren with gentle touches, more silence consuming the bathroom.

"I'll stay with you all night, okay?" Aron promised. He effortlessly carried the maknae in his arms as he stood up. Ren had lost so much weight from depression and not eating that he almost weighed nothing. "You'll be in hyung's room today." Aron sent a small smile towards Ren, hoping that would soothe his nerves.

He led Ren to his bedroom, gently laying Ren down on the bed. Aron climbed on as well, sitting up as Ren used his lap as a pillow.

"What did you see this time, Minnie?" Aron asked as he played with Ren's hair, avoiding the large scar on his forehead. He hated how that scar felt. He hated the fact that it represented the damage done to the baby of the group. It just wasn't right.

Ren shuddered. "B-blood," he choked out. "It was everywhere." Tears started to escape from Ren's eyes. "No one came to help. Why didn't anyone come?"

This time, Aron felt tears coming to his eyes as Ren's question repeated in his head. No one did come to help him that night. The maknae was left bleeding and crying alone, too scared and out of it to do something. The thought that anyone could be so cruel made Aron sick.

No one heard Ren scream for help. No one saw the blood that was traveling into the streets.

Maybe some people did, they were probably just too selfish to help. They just ignored Ren, forcing him to reside in pain and despair until he finally passed out. Thank God for that one stranger who finally called for help, though it was feared that he was too late.

And that made Aron even more mad. 

Ren took in a shaky breath. "What did I do to deserve-"

"Don't ask that," Aron demanded, cutting him off. Ren asked this question all the time. "You didn't do anything."

"I must have done something," Ren reasoned. "It only makes sense."

"No it doesn't," Aron argued. "I hate that this happened to you. Bad things happen to good people. It doesn't mean they deserve it."

Ren released a sob. "Well maybe...I'm an exception," he figured. "Don't you remember? I said some pretty mean things to Dongho Hyung that night before I ran off."

Aron shook his head. "We don't think you deserved that," he said. "Dongho especially. If anything, he wishes he could take your place."

Ren's eyes widened. "I don't like that," he replied quickly. "I wouldn't wish this on anyone."

Aron smiled. "I know you wouldn't," he replied. "And that's what makes you a good person, right?" He bent down and laid a kiss on Ren's forehead. "I don't want to hear you blame yourself ever again. Understand?"

Ren nodded. "Okay," he muttered.

What the two of them didn't know, was that their three other bandmates were standing at the door, hearing the entire conversation, utterly distraught.

If only Ren wouldn't suffer, they'd say in their heads, that question howling in their minds, forcing them to stay awake

Please log in to read the full chapter