Soccer Field

The What In The B*tt

He didn’t mean it to happen just like that. Really, it’s not that Yongguk had planned to get bored and yawned and turned his head a bit to the window on his left and there was soccer team of his uni doing some stretching and drilling on the field and Yongguk’s eyes kind of landed to one figure standing backfacing him (and the rest of the building) and that certain person goes flexible and twisting muscles and—

Oooooooohhhhhhh

Hello, . , hello.

I love me some good works that thang can do down there

The pants must be of a really good material because the outlined shape of DAT (that he would definitely tap) could rival any arcs or dome that his History of European Architecture class is currently discussing right now. Look at that twist, damn, it could send Calatrava into shame. And he has carrot orange hair and it’s kind of really bright against the afternoon sun oh my god could you turn your head because I need to know what to name DAT —

And then Yongguk goes “WHAT THE ” before snapping back to the reality that is his History of European Architecture class. Unfortunately, he must have said that outloud because all heads in the room had turned to him, including his professor who kindly smiled and asking him to finish his whatever-he-was-doing-earlier outside the class. He heard Daehyun laughed openly, and his professor also asked him to get out (not changing his kind smile a bit).

Professor Yang is indeed scary.

“Did you just read there?”

Yongguk spits out his orange juice, goes what the for the second time that day and warily glancing around to make sure the cafeteria is still as nearly-empty as when they arrived there earlier. It is.

“I did not, was your thing, don’t infect me with your blue brain” he retorted gruffly, dabbing the wet spot on his table using a napkin. Daehyun ignored the accusation and choosing to steal more of meat from Yongguk’s nachos, “Then what happened? You rarely cursed” Yongguk’s mind drifted to the earlier moment, to how the soccer team was doing some stretching—Yongguk sighed, maybe it’s the weather or maybe he was hungry, but suddenly he didn’t really remember anymore why he was so fascinated by DAT earlier—oh God, he needs to stop hanging around Daehyun so much.

“I can hear that you know” Daehyun says, pouting. , Yongguk really needs to cool down his brain, because maybe the overly heated summer weather had made his brain went retarded earlier in the class. Maybe he was just too bored of his class. Or maybe it was just the way to deny Daehyun tried to imply that he was being ert earlier. Well, that title should belong to Daehyun only because you see, Yongguk likes to associate himself with two simple words; first is ‘moral’, any kind of moral, any place where it could be applied, hence, he would judge you very hard (he didn’t even need to do hard anyway, because of you know, his face) if you throw a trash in a wrong place, if you ignored a standing elder in a full of people public transport and you’re a healthy grown youngster (and sitting), if you kicked an innocent puppy, if you stared or pointing rudely to unsuspecting people, and the list goes on.

To put it simple, Yongguk would certainly do those listed things, hence, he considered himself as a moral man. (The second word is ‘Tigger’, but nobody needs to know about that) He is only human though, there are stacks, bumps and moments where he would question his morality, especially in every instances involving Daehyun, his childhood friend. But to be a ert….that was just….no. That’s really a Daehyun’s thing.

“I still can hear that, you know” Daehyun says again. See? Hot weather had made his mouth unstoppable. “Shut up, Daehyun, you know what I was thinking earlier? I thought about the air we shared to breathe had lowered my intelligence” he grumbled, taking away his bowl of nachos after realizing too many meats missing. Frowning, Daehyun gets up to finally buy his own nachos. Bastard.

He sighed and lowering his head, poking his leftover lunch with distaste, wondering about many things when some moments later something bumped onto his shoulder. Hard. “What the ??” Yongguk exclaimed for the third time that day because now there’s red tomato sauce splattered across the front of his shirt. Baring his teeth, he was ready to punch Jung Daehyun because that brat was always up to poke on his nerves. Except, it is not a half-gummy half-canines smile he saw after he turned around, it is instead a pair of brown orbs. The big one. The kind that look puzzled (adorable) when they stared at you. “I’m sorry” a soft voice said. Yongguk then realized his hand is still suspended in the air, ready in punching stance. He pulled it down in a flash. He made a mistake by doing so, because now he has a chance to look down and spotting a pair of soccer shoes and as he goes up he found the same deep blue jersey he saw earlier. He knew it was the same person because he was the only one with (cute) carrot orange coloured hair. And the number 34 embroidered on the left side of his chest. That was a nice collarbone there—

Oooooooohhhhhhh

Hello, pecs. Pecs, hello.

“Umm…” the soft voice said again and Yongguk looked up from where he landed his eyes earlier.

“I wasn’t looking before….” Yongguk realized his face is kind of cute, too. Round, swollen cheeks, pale skin, which reddened anyway, adding the cuteness. His carrot hair curled around that face, maybe because he’s sweating. So he is still exercising out there. Maybe he is in a momentary break. And he will go back again out there, working some for that thang down—

“!” he cursed loudly, making the person in front of him stared with wide eyes. “Oh God” Yongguk realized what he just did. “I’m sorry” he says hastily. Cutie still stares him wide eyed. “I didn’t mean to say that” Yongguk added. “I-it was just today is really hot” Yongguk realized that sounds so stupid so he adds again, “This kind of weather made my mouth kind of retarded”

A snicker.

Yongguk then just realized the cutie in front of him is not alone. There’s someone standing behind him, snorting openly though he still has an honour to cover it with his fisted fingers. He has pink hair and wearing the same blue jersey, with number 7 embroidered on his chest. Is it a fundamental rule to have a bright dyed hair to be in soccer team? But pinky hair guy (girl? High-schooler?) doesn’t have the same amazing pectorals as the cutie carrot, his scumbag of a brain added internally.

“I mean, it’s fine” Yongguk cleared his throat. “I know you’re not Daehyun” Yongguk realized he’s being stupid again. “I mean, you didn’t do it on purpose”

There is a flash of relief crossing those brown eyes before it’s replaced again by worry. “But, your shirt…” cutie carrot trailed off, pointing at the mess of red on Yongguk’s previously white shirt. “I’m really, really sorry” the brown eyes lifted up, staring at him and those lips are really, really being illegal right now. He’s pretty. “You’re pretty” Cutie carrot’s brows raised again, “Pardon?”

A snicker again from the pink haired dude.

“I mean, don’t worry” Yongguk cleared his throat again.   

Yongguk didn’t really remember how it happened, but there’s a new number on his contact list with a name ‘Baozi<3’. Then he realized he didn’t know Baozi’s real name because the one who put the number on his phone is the pink haired dude. Or did he already mention it? Nope, Yongguk was busy staring at his pectorals, then. . Must know the name. It’s min something.

“Can I know yours?” Min-something asked with that cute voice. Yongguk wanted to say, as long as you be mine, but he’s done being an embarrassment so he instead punched in his number into the cutie’s phone. “Thank you!” Oh god he even sounds even cuter now. “I promise I will buy a new shirt for uh, this” Min-cutie gestured to the red mess on Yongguk’s shirt. “Sure” Yongguk answered numbly, with a hint of squeak. The pink dude laughed openly this time, Min-cutie gave him a judging stare. “I’m sorry, oh my God” he coudhed, before straightening up and giving Yongguk that suspicious glint of the eyes. “You know what?” pink dude asked with laughing voice, Yongguk blinked in confusion, Min-cutie frowned, “Luhan, no” Pink dude-Luhan-glanced momentarily at his friend before, “It’s the what in the !”

Yongguk wanted to cry, wanted to run away, wanted to bang his head against the wall because did he just get caught staring at someone’s gear but how could he because Yongguk is sure the distance between the soccer field and the building is quiet distant how could Luhan knew then?!?111??

“It’s not quiet distant” Yongguk yelped, because Daehyun suddenly is standing beside him, butting into the conversation with his newly bought nachos in hands. And Yongguk just said all of those supposed to be internal conflict out loud again, didn’t he? Double .   

“Well” Luhan says, clapping his hand delightfully, “Unfortunately Minseok and I must go back to the field to, you know, working out some things” he added, Minseok frowned deeper. “And I gave you his number so if you want to finish this red-nachos-on-shirt-matter just give him a call” Luhan tugged at Minseok’s elbow then, Yongguk felt a bit jealousy on that gesture, just a bit, really really just a bit. “Or” he turned around with a familiar leer he often saw in Daehyun’s eyes, “You could always come for the what in the matter” Yongguk felt choked. Minseok slaps Luhan’s back before turning around as well and smiled apologetically at Yongguk. He has gums and canines. So, so cute. He waved at Yongguk with his tiny fingers after mouthing ‘I’m sorry’ again and making a gesture to call him later for red-nachos-on-shirt-matter.

Yongguk stared dreamily at the running figure who gets more distant and distant. He really is cute. And his is jiggling when he’s running. Damn.

“I can hear you hyung, I hope you know that you always failed to not saying it out loud”

“Shut up Daehyun”   

*