Chapter 1

Victim Of Love

"Mom! Dad!"  Sarah ran across the hall into the living room where her parents were watching tv. They slightly flinched at the volume of their daughter's voice.

Her mom sighed and shook her head. "What's wrong this time Sarah?" Sarah excitedly jumped up and down and showed her mom the envelope. Her father tilted his head and took it from her hand. He scanned the object before sliding out the folded paper inside. He unfolded it and started reading, his eyes widing in process.

"Seoul National University?"  He said calmly in their language. Sarah nodded excitedly. "They finally came and i'm really happy and i want to go!" She glanced at her mother, pleading for an answer. "Mom please?"

"No"

The younger one frowned. "But mom i really want to go!" She sat next to her mom and held her hands between hers. Her mother shook her head and gave her a strict no.

Once again, she frowned again. "Is it because of my-" "Yes" She cut her off. Sarah sighed and shook her head. "Mom, i'm serious about it, am i going to drop the opportunity to go to a better college just because of that? How am i suppose to graduate with a diploma between my fingers and make you proud?"

Her mother's eyebrows connected. "What's wrong with colleges in your own country?" Sarah glanced at her father, he was shaking his head, agreeing with his wife.

"They don't educate well here and you know it" She kept pleading. Her mother shook her head again. "No, Sarah"

Sarah let out a deep sigh. "Mom, i swear i will be fine don't worry." She said softly, assuring her mother. "I will be careful on things and take my medicine on time"  Her mother stared at her, still not sure if she should leave her daughter alone. 

After minutes of pleading and assuring, her parents finally gave in and agreed. 

"Fine you can go! But if anything happens, you will comeback and continue your studies here!" Her father strictly said and in respond she saluted. "Yes sir" She happily skipped to her room.

 

"Hello?" Sarah held the phone tightly against her ears. She had found a number on the envelope and decided to call.

"Hello, Kim Sarah right?" The voice on the other line happily said.

"Yes, I called after deciding if i will accept your offer or not, and sorry for the late call" 

"Oh no it's okay, what did you decide?"

She took a deep breath before nodding. "I accept your offer, i will be more than pleased to study in SNU" 

"Well that's fantastic, i will pick you up tomorrow then we'll leave" 

"Okay! Thank you!" And with that she pressed the red button.

Taking a deep breath, she glanced at the letter on her bedside and sticked her palms together. "God please give me strength and courage to face a new life and new people, Amen!" She smiled widely.

 


First chapter is up! I know it's really short but i wrote it as a prologue! My way of writing isnt fancy with big words and such because my english is very poor, sorry for that.

Comments and subscribes are always welcomed! <3