Chapter One: Mirage Be Dreamt

Dark: The Sun That Embraces The Moon

 

~ The Sun That Embraces The Moon ~

~~ Chapter One ~~

 

 

Kyuhyun found himself running through the darkness of the dense forest, the rough branches and paper-thin leaves cutting his soft, tanned flesh as he raced through them.  He could not stop, he could not slow down and most importantly he could not forget his mission. Everything and everyone depended on his success. If anything went wrong, or Kyuhyun made even the slightest mistake, many lives were going to be lost and many places erased from the maps. Everything had to be precise and on time. His flushed cheeks were already bleeding, as were his toned arms, from the small, shallow cuts he was receiving as the relentless branches dug into his sweaty skin. The path was covered with obstacles but Kyuhyun just jumped, crouched and stepped over them, never stopping nor slowing down.  In the blink of an eye, though, the scenery changed.

The beautifully bright weather that had been prominent throughout most of Kyuhyun´s mission dissolved, allowing the dark, ragged, and gloomy clouds to roll in. The once golden lit, blue sky was now dark, obscuring the whole forest as the clouds continued their way, making the once beautiful day look like night. Kyuhyun stopped startled by the sudden nightmarish darkness. This was not in his plans.

Kyuhyun bit his lips as he tried to decide what to do but before he could think of anything a red glow illuminated the forest before darkening to a slight glow. He looked around; trying to determine what was casting that faint glow, before looking up and seeing an amazingly big and round blood-bathed moon. The vibrant red in the moon astounded him for a moment as he stayed gaping at its rare beauty.  He stood still, in the middle of an obscure forest, as he tried to shake the magnificence from such an extraordinary event and sight.

Sighing at the sudden change in plans, Kyuhyun continued making his way, being more cautious of his surroundings. His parents had warned him that the darkness brought the most horrible and dangerous creatures out of their shelters. Although there was a faint red gleam shining through the darkness, it still didn´t lift the shadows of the sudden night. Looking all around, Kyuhyun continued making his way silently. He had to reach a clearing before it became too late. In a meadow he would have a better chance to fight anything than he did in the dense, crowded surroundings of the forest. As his eyes got used to the dark he started seeing everything clearer, thus speeding up his slow progress. His now hawk-like eyes, could spy an opening were the trees started to diminish and smiling he made his way towards it.

Upon arrival, he decided that that was a good place to rest, the reddish light, giving away very little from his surroundings. Deciding to rest a little bit, he laid down on the slightly warm floor, resting his back on a tree´s trunk, and closed his eyes, his right hand clutching his sword, as his acute ears stayed alert. He could hear every small sound around him, so nothing would be able to sneak on him.

 

~~~(/)~~~

 

Kyuhyun´s eyes fluttered open as he heard something crackle. Confused he looked around, only to see a mirage, or so his tired mind said, in the middle of the meadow. Standing up, after noticing that the moon was now a bright white, he walked towards it. As he stood in front of the translucent kind of mirage, he noticed that the other side was completely different from where he was. Kyuhyun frowned as he walked closer to it, the closer he got the more the air hummed with an electric charge. There seemed to be a force that was repelling him, but with all of his strength he managed to walk the closest he could, only to be surprised.

There on the other side of that blurry ¨illusion¨, was a boy, who Kyuhyun couldn´t clearly see. Feeling a small pull on his being, he started making his way forward, with difficulty, until he was almost on the other side of his delusion. He could now see the boy clearly, and although it was not someone he recognized by name or had ever seen in real life, he noticed that he seemed familiar. The more Kyuhyun stared at him, the more he could ´remember´ the guy. It was the boy that had been hunting his dreams for some time now, how come he was meeting him now? Although Kyuhyun now knew where he had seen the dark-haired beauty, he realized that that boy could as well be dangerous; since Kyuhyun was sure the boy was one of those dark-haired, beautiful creatures he had read about in multiple books. 

Moving his hand towards the boy, Kyuhyun met an invisible force that wouldn´t let him advance anymore. Frowning Kyuhyun brought both hands forth and tried to search for a place where he would be able to finally touch that white skin that had been haunting him. Looking up, to ask for the boy´s help, Kyuhyun realized that the boy was only staring at him, with small glistening tears in his dark-brown eyes. Seeing those tears made Kyuhyun sad and his heart clenched, although he couldn´t understand why seeing a stranger cry made him feel so sad. Staring into those mesmerizing eyes, Kyuhyun was at a loss. He couldn´t reach out for the boy, he couldn’t touch him and he couldn´t keep him there forever. The beautiful creature was already starting to look blurrier and it was slowly fading away. Feeling disappointed that he couldn´t do anything, Kyuhyun´s hands fell back to his sides and his shoulder´s slumped. He took a small step backwards and as he was about to walk away, the figure spoke, for the first time ever.       

¨Find me…¨

 

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes groggily. He had been dreaming about that same boy since he could remember. And that couldn´t be a coincidence. There was no way that was only mere coincidence and not the work of fate. There was something that boy, or fate, needed him to do, but what was it? Kyuhyun didn´t just have dreams because they were dreams, his dreams always foreshadowed events, told him of the future-things-to-be. It was just how he had been born. He always received warnings beforehand and that had helped his kingdom multiple times.  He thanked all the omnipotent forces out there, the ones he needed to thank, for the special abilities he had but nothing is ever free of charge, not even those ´gifts´. Although he could see what was to occur (or small visions of the future if you may so call them) he was still in imminent danger.

Although they were dreams, Kyuhyun was still in a mortal vulnerability most of the times. Anyone could attack him in his own ¨dreams¨ and if someone was to attack him his body would physically suffer, whatever they did to him in his dreams, in real life. Whatever part of his body, he managed to damage in his dreams, would be there on his own very real body the moment he woke up. In a way he was almost like a dream walker, who anyone can kill while they are in someone else´s dreams. All the time that was the danger he went through when he dreamed.   But in a way he was thankful he had that ¨power¨ because otherwise his life would have been extremely boring.

When Kyuhyun had entered his teenage years, instead of continuing his colorless life as a normal and hormonal teenage boy, he had started searching for the boy in his dreams all around his father´s kingdom, and even in some of the neighboring ones. But to his bad luck he had not found anyone like him. Nowhere had he found someone with skin so white and fair and hair so dim. But thinking about it, it was almost impossible since everyone around him, had honey-colored skin and different shades of different colors in their hair, varying from dark brown to blond. Where could he find a boy like that? Or even information of a place that could guide him to that boy? His thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock on his double wooden doors.

¨Come on in.¨ He yelled from his comfortable position in his bed, not even moving a muscle from his slightly bleeding arms. Kyuhyun stared at his arms as they bled, remembering that he had gotten quite a lot of cuts in his dream, which meant he was going to need to go to the infirmary in a while. The golden knob turned around slowly as one of the brown doors opened wide. A figure immediately appeared, dressed in comfy clothes, before stopping under the huge doorframe.   

¨Prince Kyuhyun, you should get ready to meet your tutor.¨ With a curt nod, Kyuhyun dismissed one of his many servants, who closed the door after he had gone out. Sighing he sat up, all of his body protesting as he did so, and started to gather the energies he was going to need for the whole day. Life as a prince was never easy. You had to do so many things from morning till dawn, leaving him no free time to hang out with his few friends.    

Lifting his softly tanned hand to inspect it closer he could still feel the tingles, which were running through his palm, of what he had actually experienced in his dreams. And in that precise moment a smile graced his face.