Your Number On My Coffee Cup

Your Number On My Coffee Cup
Kangin had the habit of writing his cellphone number on a coffee cup for a customer that he is interested in before serving the cup filled with either hot or cold coffee to the customer with a handsome yet flirty smile on his face.  He got reprimanded by his manager sometimes because of this, but he hadn't gotten fired so far, so he decided to keep on doing it.
 
 
Sungmin was a regular customer on the coffee shop, but Kangin had always asked for his name which shows how much Kangin was NOT interested in him at all.  So far, he had noticed that Kangin only writes his number on girls' cups which made Sungmin wish he was born as a girl.  Maybe then, he would have a better chance on catching Kangin's interest and having Kangin's number on his cup.
 
 
There were a lot of times when Sungmin had been tempted to snatch the empty coffee cup left by the girls, so he could copy down Kangin's number, but he was either never fast enough to get it before someone cleans up the table or Kangin would be watching the empty coffee cup with a dissapointed expression on his face and it would be embarrassing for Sungmin to be caught on the act.
 
 
Then Sungmin had a stupid idea of crossdressing.  Maybe Kangin would notice him if he dresses like a girl!!!
 
 
When Sungmin showed up in the cafe dressing up like a girl, he felt conscious from the stares of the other employers in the cafe who had gotten to know Sungmin from being a regular customer and started regretting his actions, but since he was already here, he might as well order a cup of coffee.
 
 
Kangin had stared at Sungmin for a while before finally asking him for his name.  "You look familiar.  May I ask for your name please?"  Sungmin didn't even bother to change his name to a fake one.  He simply stated his real name.  "Even your name sounds familiar! We'll serve your coffee in a while, Sungmin."
 
 
When Sungmin's coffee was served, he was disappointed that he didn't find Kangin's number on his coffee cup which meant that Kangin wouldn't be interested in him even if he was a girl... or perhaps Kangin found out that he was actually a man dressing up as a girl? Kangin's other workmates who recognized Sungmin could have told Kangin the truth after all.
 
 
Sungmin sighed at his failed attempt and drank his coffee fast, not caring if his tongue got burnt in the process.  He just wanted to get out of the cafe fast.
 
 
Maybe it was time to find another crush.  That's what Sungmin thought as he obviously has no hope with his crush on Kangin.  He decided to visit the cafe one last time and didn't see Kangin working.  Perhaps it was really a sign that they weren't meant to be.  Still, Sungmin decided to order a cup of coffee and went to his usual table.
 
 
There were a lot more customers in the cafe today than usual because of a discount promo going on with their coffee, so Sungmin hurried finishing his cup because he didn't like the unusual noisy atmosphere.  When he was about to walk out of the cafe, he heard someone call out to him.
 
 
"Hey, Sungmin! You forgot something!"
 
 
Sungmin turned around and was suprised to see Kangin approaching him.
 
 
"You forgot this."  Kangin handed Sungmin  an empty cup of coffee.
 
 
Sungmin knew that it was the same cup he drank earlier from the scent of Pumpkin Maple Latte on the empty cup.  However, there was something different about a cup... it has a phone number!!!
 
 
"You're the first guy I decided to give my number to, and I'm hoping you'll be the first person to actually contact me since none of the girls ever did."
 
 
Sungmin immediately pulled out his cellphone and typed something in it.
 
 
A minute later, Kangin also took out his cellphone because he felt it vibrating in his pocket which meant he had received a text message.
 
 
Wanna catch a movie? -Sungmin
 
 
Kangin placed his cellphone back in his pocket as he chose to reply to Sungmin verbally.  "A movie date for a first date? Not bad at all. Let's go!" He opened the door for Sungmin.
 
 
Sungmin blushed at Kangin's gentleman gesture and stepped out of the cafe first, not realizing that he was still holding onto his empty coffee cup with Kangin's number on it.
 
 
The next time Sungmin visited the cafe,  the cafe's manager told him that Kangin had stopped writing down his number on customers' coffee cups and thanked Sungmin for it.
 
 
THE END
 
 
A/N: It's been a long time since I wrote SuJu, so I told myself to write one on my birthday and also dedicates this fic to the rest of the September 2013 celebrants who likes KangMin~ <3
 
 
I will accept your comments, subscriptions, and upvotes as your birthday gift for me. ^_^