Kai's P.O.V

KAI (originally called 'my eng exam esssay :P)

It was dark and gloomy when I heard the sound of footsteps behind my back. I stopped on my tracks and looked back. I gulped as there's no one behind me. I continued walking and ignored my anxiety before I completely frozed as I felt a slight brush on my cheeks and a voice saying my name. I clutched my messenger bag tightly and waited for something bad to happen. My breaths came out puffed as the night slowly blew its breezes. I'm still waiting not until a low chuckled was heard and my name once again repeatedly being called. I braved myself to turn around and I was met by a pair of red eyes staring deeply at me in the dark not far from me. I gasped and fell onto my back. The red eyes started to move slowly under the street lights - crawling. 

 

It was a man. A man with dark hair. He wore a black plain T-shirt with dark jeans. Around both of his wrists there was a half-handcuff that seems like it had been pulled until it broke with great forces. I can't see his face because he was looking down all the time. I didn't made any attempts to back away or run because I was so scared that I can't even move a muscle when he started moving again. Slowly at first but suddenly he appeared right in front of me with an un-human speed and stared at me in the eyes again. I now can clearly see his face. It was nicely-shaped, elegant and seductive because of the lip ring at his left-bottom lip. But there's no colours to show any warmth in him. 

 

"Yutaka..."

 

My eyes widened as he choked me - slowly but painful. I'm badly in need of air as I wriggled under him to break free but to no avail. In the end I lost my hope and just tightly hold his cold hands at my neck before I screamed my last voice when I felt the sharp stings at the pulse in my neck. I barely heard my name being called before I completely closed my eyes.

x...x.....x....x

I woke up by the sounds of waves crashing to the shores and by the sounds of seagulls flapped its wings. I flickered my eyes to adjust the lights entering my eyes above me. I sighed as I climbed down my single-bed. I looked around the room. My room are the typical normal room. Painted in an ocean colour and was decorated with the seashells that I collected from the beach across the house. My bed was situated in front the window so that I can watch the beach easily. There's a bookshelves and pictures of animals that I captured hanged at the wall next to it. There was a medium-sized wardrobe made of wood with desk-mirror next to the door and piles of boxes at the corner that I used to stored my old-useless stuffs that I felt memorable to throw away. 

 

After inspecting my room for a while, I finally got up and headed to the kitchen. I was greeted by the smell of freshly brewed coffee and burnt toast. "Good morning." My older brother, Reita said his first word of the day. I pulled out a chair out from the table and sat on it backways. "Now, that's rude you know. You should reply me. And sit properly." I snorted at what he said. "It's night and the way you sit are more improper. You know that." Reita let out a menacing laugh. "Come on Kai. Like you didn't know that the nights are like mornings to us vampires." I snorted again and made a 'whatever' gestures. "Come here and help me Kai. You're a better cook than me."

x....x.....x

"I don't know what to do anymore! That guy is a jerk!" I ate quietly as I heard the conversations going on between Reita and my 'sister', Uruha that whined about his day-part-time job at a local mall. "I wish I can just tear-off his neck and his blood clean!" I scoffed by the gore words and continued eating after I said my apology. "I didn't mind seeing that. It would be lovely to watch his blood splatters on the wall." Now I'm going to lost my appetite. My stomach already felt churned by the hard-usage of the word 'blood'. "Boys, stop the talking and eat your foods. Kai is still here." 

"But Aoi, he should have gotten used to this. He's 50 now." Aoi sighed and pointed his bloody knife at Uruha. "50 is still a newborn. You also took 70 years to finally adjusted to it so have some respects and give Kai some more times." Uruha didn't replied Aoi but only took a sip of his blood-wine before started talking to Reita again. "Continue eating Kai." I nodded as an appreciations at Aoi and ate my toasts meanwhile Aoi ate some toasts too but with blood-syrup.

 

This is the daily events in the family that I still had a hard time getting used to. My 'family' consisted of 5 guys including me - all vampires. My oldest brother, Reita is the macho man, aged 300. He always wore this weird clothes around his nose that he called a 'noseband'. He said he covered his nose because it's too mainly to be shown publicly. Duh... The older 'sister' and also the alcoholic, Uruha had a pretty and feminine features, that why he'd being labelled as 'sister', Besides that, he can make a cute ducky-face. He's the same age as Reita. Reita and Uruha was a famous vampire hunters back in their old life. Their real names are Akira and Kouyou. I had no idea what made them turned into their own 'enemies' but from what Aoi had told me that it's their own choices. 

Then there's Ruki, the 'father' for Reita and Uruha as he's the one that changed them. He's not only physically short but also emotionally. He can got angry pretty fast and it will turned out bad for those who made him angry. He was a popular singer back in his era 600 years ago. Ruki told us that he was murdered before in a robbery - stabbed at the chest almost hit the heart but Aoi 'saved' his life before he died for real. His real name is Takanori. Lastly there's Aoi, the leader in the family - aged 700. He's the 'father' for me. There's not much that I know about him since he was pretty secretive about it. Aoi's physical didn't changed that much since the night we met.

x....x.....x....x

I can still remember that night vividly in my memory. I was a normal 15 years old high school students on the way home from his part-time job. I just got my first pay that time and was eager to meet my parents and shared the money with them. But that didn't happened when I 'felt' Aoi on the way. I didn't blamed him though because I understand his hunger that time. Aoi was caught by the authority by something he didn't do and was locked-up for more that 10 days so his thirst for bloods are uncontrollable. I used to blame him before but after I experienced the hunger myself, I had stopped myself from blaming him. In fact I was lucky because Aoi let me live. During my first 10 years, I was controlled all the time since I can't controlled my beast-self yet. And during that time, my mother had hang herself because their attempts in finding me are in no avail. Then my father died in an accident not long after her. I only got to visit their graves after my first 10 years are over. I was lost that time because I have no one to turn to but then that was the time I finally realized that the four vampires will always welcome me as a family.

But sometimes I just not sure with myself. Will I be able to live this life longer? Should I expose myself in the day? I kept thinking about it a lot. Even now...

 

I sighed as the flashback of my past stopped and was confronted by Ruki. "Hey, we're always right beside you. Don't worry about it. Stop thinking so much about the past." I saw the others smiled reassuringly at me. Aoi held my shoulders firmly and said that they will always believe in me so I need to do the same too. I smiled contentedly as I nodded. "Thank you guys. You all will always be my family forever."

 

Starting this day, I got more faith in myself and I won't feel regret of becoming a vampire anymore.

 

x....x....x....

AUTHOR'S NOTES

 

Hey guys! Kuraki's here. I just wanna say thank you for wasting your times reading this fanfic. I hope this made your day. So I had made some changes and edited some parts but it didn't affect the storyline so no need to re-read it. 

And I finally decided that I SHOULD use my English exam question as the tittle. I want to remember this moment when an exam made my brain started working.

But still, your opinions are still welcome!!

Lastly, I hope you guys can comments too after reading this because your comments will help me know what are the things that I need to improves. Also before this I'm still wondering if I should turn this into a series or not. Well, I thought of continuing but I still got many fics left un-finished so it will take much longer for this to update.

 

That's it for today. Thanks and bye guys!!