The First Meet

If You're With Me, Everything's Alright

Listen

This is a small world. I'm just a small fish in a big pond. We were all born for a reason, a reason destined for each of us to fulfill. Be our own authors of our stories. My name is Kim Myungsoo, let me tell you about my story. I'm the son of the Shadow Gang leader, my father and mother are the definition of hell. I used to have a little brother, my parents loved him more than anything in the world. 15 years ago, he had died of an unfortunate accident. He was all I had, and was my best friend. My brother was the only love I felt and now it's gone. 

My parents, being the leaders of one of the scariest gangs in South Korea, I'm suppose to be responsible for not letting anyone know about my family or the cops will come after me. I live a normal and lonely life of a teenager, going to school every single ing day where I bore myself to death 8 hours a day. I don't live with my parents anymore, I can't stand to see my own mother bringing a man home every week, hearing the noises in the room next to mine, it was just utterly disgusting, I couldn't stand it so I moved out, they won't care about me anyways.

January 24, 2014 (Myungsoo)

Another cold and snowy day, just how I like it. People having car crashes, my classmates humiliating themselves slipping on ice. Every single day, I dread the thought of going to school. I don't have any friends at school, and that's just how I like it, I just hate it when people talk to me, they're so annoying. And especially these girls at this god damn school, can't they get the idea I just want to be left alone. I even ignore them on purpose, and still don't get the ing idea. 

Once the school day has ended, I went to where I usually hang out by myself after school, the Apple Cafe. There's a nice dim corner in the cafe, it's the best place to avoid talking to anyone. The bell chimes when I opened the door announcing my entrance. The lady at the counter greeted me with a bow like she does with all her customers, I ordered my drink and went upstairs to the second floor without saying a word of thanks. I turned the corner and found a girl in my seat, sipping what seemed to be a hot chocolate while playing on her phone. I was furious with her, she was sitting in my seat as I stared at her in annoyance. She looked up at me and flinched. She opened and spoke.

"May I help you mister?"

I glared at her and she responded to me with a curious look. 

"Get out of my seat," I demanded.

"Excuse me?"

"I said get out of my seat."

"Why should I? I don't see your name on it."

Now I was really furious with her, What's her problem? Why are people so annoying? I still stood my ground glaring at her, she sat still, not moving a single muscle staring back at me with determination. 

"There are plenty of other ing seats, why must you sit in my seat?!"

"Who said this is your seat?!"

I refused to continue this argument any further, I grabbed her arm and yanked her up.

"Hey! Why are you so rude?!"

I ignored her and sat in my chair. She stood there frowning at me. I waited for her to leave for the past 20 seconds, instead she pulled the other chair out and sat across from me.

"What the are you doing?"

"What? You got your seat, this is my table."

I looked at her mind blown, what kind of girl is this? She's more annoying than my classmates and I've only known her for like 3 minutes! I gave up arguing and drank my coffee. I saw her lay down her book on the table, she gave a big sigh and stretched arm out and offered her hand.

"Look, I'm sorry for being rude, maybe we can start over. My name is Nana, Choi Nana," she smiled.

I stared at her in disbelief, but since she was being so polite, I shook her hand. We sat there looking at each other. 

"So...?"

"What."

"Your name. Can you tell me your name?"

"My name is L."

"That's an interesting name," she smiled and continued her book.

Both of us sat there for the next 45 minutes in silence minding our own business. She sat in a straight posture, her legs crossed underneath the table. Nana closed her book, stood up and pushed her chair in.

"Well, I have to go now. See you again soon L."

I watched her as she gracefully took her steps down the stairs. She looked back at me once more and smiled, I coughed and looked away. I heard the door open and close. I sighed and stood up, shaking my head. 

January 25, 2014 (Nana)

"Ahhhh! Sungyeol oppa! You poo face! Stop!"

"What did you say?!"

I was over at Sungyeol's house that afternoon, along with the other 5 boys. And I was peacefully napping on the couch when Sungyeol threw a pillow at my face and started messing up my hair. He told me that we were about to go out for lunch and the rest were already waiting outside. 

When we arrived at the restaurant, we ordered our foods and drinks, the door to the small restaurant opened and revealed a tall handsome boy.

"L!"

He looked up at me and we shared eye contact. He kept a blank face and ignored my greeting, then sat at the table in the corner. I rushed out of my seat to sit at his table. I had my elbows rested on the table while my arms were supporting my chin.

"You don't smile much do you?"

L proceeded to give me his emotionless face.

"Do you want to join me and my friends?"

"No."

"Aw, come on, you look like you need the company. Come join us!"

I grabbed him by the arm and attempted to pull him out of his seat. He roughly pulled himself away from me, frowning.

"Leave me alone!"

"Well I'm sorry for trying to be your friend."

"I don't want any friends."

He stood up and exited the restaurant. I went back to my friends and they all stared at me and back at the door. They all questioned me at once, asking me who he was. I told them that he was just someone I met once after school at a cafe.

January 27, 2014 (Myungsoo)

I went to the cafe after school as usual, "Oh good, she's not there," I whispered to myelf. I sat there for a while and dozed off into a slumber. What seemed like an hour felt like 10 minutes. I woke up with a loud snort, I scrunched up my face and rubbed my eyes. Then I noticed a giggle, I looked at the figure in front of me and flinched back.

"When did you get here?!"

"A while ago, you look so nice when you sleep, so innocent and not grumpy."

I got up and quickly walked to the stairs, I heard her get up and follow me. She asked me where I'm going but I ignored her. Until she ran up ahead of me and stopped facing me.

"Why are you like this? I'm trying to be your friend here and you ignore me or push me away everytime I speak to you."

"Just leave me alone. You think you can just come into my life and tell me what to do?"

"Well you're someone that needs a friend, so I'm going to be one whether you like it or not."

I stomped my way over to the door, yet she still followed me. Jesus ing christ, people are so annoying. I wish she would just go away. 

 

NI HAO I'M BACK WITH A KIM ING MYUNGSOO FANFIC.