High School

Vulnerable Me

Pained and a mess of aches i have no choice but to wake and see the day. School ,that was my favorite place to be. It was a gurantee i was not going to get beaten or bruised, well other than the occasional push and shoves into my locker by my bullies.,i knew that i was safe. I had endured much more so it was no bother. Not only was it my favorite place because of the safety but my only friend attends the same school as well. Her name is Park Shin Hye. Feminem, very, but always in defense mode. Cute, yes, but not my type. Popular, no, but neither was i. We shared various similarities and that is how she rightfully gained the title of my best friend. I slowly got out of the shower caution not to make noise cause i was seriously not ready for one of his outburst. I dried myself off and proceeded to put on my school uniform. I was a junior now so no more stupid blazers. My mind betrayed me. No matter how hard i try not to reminisce and dwell my mind betrayed me. Last Night...i whisper and the memories start to roll like a black and white film tape. His hands around my throat once again blaming me, yelling at me for his flaws, for his faults. Silenced, i squeeze my eyes shut tight ready not to commit that daring crime of looking into his eyes.My breath is getting short, i'm gasping for air knowing one day his release around my neck will be too late and he will kill me. I feel myself getting dizzy though my eyes are closed. And then it starts, the part i hate the most. I rather get hit, beat, and crimpled ten times more then to hear those words. One by one he starts listing my insecurities, my uncertainties, the confidence i lack. And those words bruise more then the daily beatings. I gasp for air and this time i'm in the comfort of my bathroom and the treacherous memory has been dealt with. I look at the time and i gasp once more then grin to myself looks like that's all i've been doing, i really need to learn to speak more, i think to myself. Running down the front steps of my house i realize that at this rate no matter what i do i'll be late (not again). I run as fast as i can at least putting in the effort to get there not that late. Who knew my thoughts were that time consuming. Without even considering the thought of looking both ways i cross the street. I can not get more demerits if i do i'll be suspended and have to share the next two days away from my safety zone and into the hands of the man whose goal is to kill me. BEEEEEEEP! I shut my eyes as tight as if i were in his presence and got into crouch mode. He's done it, he's finally killed me. Hey! Hey! Hey kid, you okay? I looked up and i was fine. I was fine!  I'm fine. I'm fine! i didn't die i'm okay..i'm okay. I said bursting into to tears in the process of reassuring the man who was petrified that he almost killed a person guessing on the look on his face. You are not fine. he said chuckling and pulling me into an embrace trying to calm the now quietly bawling me down. Shhh. He gently pushed me to look up at him. Hey cutie, has anyone ever told to look both ways while crossing the street. Flustered at what he had called me i pushed my self away, bowing at the inconvenience, and quickly picking up my bag, proceeding to head to school. Who was he to call me that. I am far from that i know that for a fact. He had told me countless of times, that i was ugly, that i would never be loved. So i know...know that the man was only just kidding around calling me cute and stuff. I know i just know. But....it.....felt good.