Final.

Noona Neomu Yeppeo ♥

 

 

* Minho's POV *

 

 

It's been a month since Taemin confessed what he felt towards our new coordinator, Min Jae noona. And it's been a month since I've been thinking of doing the same thing to Ji Hyun noona.

 

 

Kim Ji Hyun.

 

 

That name is music to my ears. It's been a month since she left. Nothing's been great after her departure. She even took a piece of my heart with her. And one thing's for sure, I've never loved anyone like this before.

 

 

"Minho yah. It's time to record your parts." I snapped out of my trance as the recording director called me.

 

"Ne." With that simple reply, I stood up and walked towards the recording room.

 

"Do your best , Keroro." I heard Kibum said as I entered the room.

 

"I will." I said half-heartedly as the director directed me to start.

 

 

We're actually recording for our 2nd japanese album named "Boys Meet U". The first-half of the year has been pretty awesome yet tiring for the members. Comebacks, fansignings, and JAT 2013 are scheduled for the whole year. Without her here, I'm amazed I made it this far. I have no strength and motivation to do my best.

 

 

"Minho yah. How long do you want to keep recording your parts? We've been going on for an hour already. This isn't like you." Manager hyung asked when I got stuck on a certain song.

 

"Just a little distracted, hyung." I sigh as they made me take a break.

 

"This doesn't look like a little distracted to me." Manager hyung stated calmly.

 

"It's nothing. Really, hyung." I forced myself to form a small smile. To convince him. Or maybe to convince myself.

 

"You need a break. Refresh your mind." Onew hyung in as he heard our conversation.

 

 

As expected from the leader. He leds the group with care. Not some person who has authority.

 

 

"No need, hyung. But thanks for the concern."

 

"I think that's a good idea, Onew. Minho, don't ever go to work or practice for a week." Manager hyung said the final word.

 

 

Great, just great. Now what will I do in a week? I can't just play sports all week. By the end of the week, I'll be exhausted as hell. That'll make me sleep for two days. Again. As I was thinking of what I'll be doing in a week, my thoughts drifted again to noona.

 

How is she?

 

Does she eat on right time?

 

What is she doing right now?

 

Countless questions are running on my mind. And with that, I didn't even notice that Key is sitting beside me.

 

 

* No One's POV *

 

 

"Tough day, huh?" Key asked as he took a sip of his soda.

 

"Pretty bad if you say." Minho sighed.

 

"Heard you were taking a break."

 

"Yeah. Manager hyung and Onew hyung insisted me."

 

"I think it's a good idea. Take advantage of it. You never know when will you enjoy a break like that."

 

"But Key, I'm perfectly fine."

 

"Do you want to talk about it?"

 

"Wha -?"

 

"I ain't called the 'Umma' for nothing." Key cutted Minho short.

 

 

Minho is lost for words. Key has like these Umma Instincts you can never escape. Somehow, he knew Key is right. He is not fine. He just doesn't like to admit it.

 

 

- After a few hours -

 

 

After that 'talk' with Key (which Minho can't escape to), the members went out to grab a bite. They just talked about our next activities. Or maybe 'their' activities without Minho for a week. Minho again spaced out. Jonghyun noticed this and grabbed his attention.

 

 

"Minho yah. What are you planning to do in your break?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"I don't really know. Maybe exercise?" Minho replied in an unsure tone.

 

"Oh come on, hyung. You' re always exercising. Why don't you do something fun?" Taemin suggested.

 

"Yeah. Go to the amusement park, shop, or maybe get yourself a girl." Key said straightforward.

 

"Eh? A girl? Oh~ Does the girl go by the name Kim Ji Hyun?" Jonghyun teased.

 

"Stop it, hyung. It's not funny." Minho said. A little bit pissed.

 

"But seriously, Minho. You like her. Scratch that. You love her. Why not come and get her?" Onew asked.

 

"Hyung, it' s not as easy as it seems. How about you? Did you like someone and get her that easily?" Minho backfired.

 

"See that? You didn't even know what happened in our group. Settle your problem first and we'll talk about mine." Onew smiled.

 

"I think yours is not a problem, hyung." Key said.

 

"True. Unless my someone will leave me."

 

"Well, no one will go anywhere, right?" Taemin said.

 

"Of course." The three hyungs said in unison.

 

 

Minho sensed something going on without him knowing. But he just shrugged it off and focus on eating. After finishing their food, Onew, Minho and Taemin immediately went back to their dorm while Jonghyun and Key has another schedule. Minho rushed to his room and began packing his clothes for a week.

 

 

"Hey." He was surprised as he heard someone call from the doorway.

 

 

* Onew's POV *

 

 

"Hey." I said.

 

 

Minho looked startled. I want to help him as a hyung. But I just got myself someone. I want to let Minho know. But Yeobo didn't want him to know unless he solve his problem with Ji Hyun noona.

 

 

Yeobo still has connections with Ji Hyun noona. Actually they were cousins. And I know the reason why noona had to leave. I didn't mean to eavesdrop at her conversation with Manager hyung. I just hope that what written in this paper I'm holding will help Minho and noona.

 

 

"Oh. Onew hyung. You startled me." He said as he scratched his nape.

 

"Mianhae, Minho ah." I suddenly said.

 

"Why hyung?" He looked at me clueless.

 

"For forcing you to take a break and for being a useless hyung." I looked down. I felt sorry for my dongsaeng. He doesn't know anything.

 

"Ani. I just realized that I really need a break. You know, refresh my mind." I sighed in relief. At least he knew some of my intentions.

 

"I came to give you something. Read this after you left the dorm." I said as I handed out the paper I was holding.

 

"What is this about, hyung?"

 

"The answer to your problems? Aish. You'll know when you read it." I smiled and ruffled his hair.

 

"Uhmm. Should I say thank you?"

 

"Not now. Maybe after you solve your problems?"

 

"Okay, hyung."

 

"One advice. It only takes a second to have courage." I said as I walked out of the room.

 

 

Remember when I mentioned that Minho knows some of my intentions? I suggested that break not only to refresh his mind but for Minho to get himself a girl. And you know who it is, right? Kekeke~

 

 

* Minho's POV *

 

 

"I'm leaving." I said as the members gathered on the living room.

 

"Tch. As if you're already leaving SHINee." Key said as I grabbed my bag and walked out the door.

 

"Bye, Minho. You have to be happy when you come back or else we won't accept you here." He added.

 

"Take Care." Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung and Taemin said in unison.

 

"Yeah. You too." And with that, I walked out of their sight.

 

'Now, where will I go?'

 

 

After a few minutes of thinking, I decided that I will go to our house. It's been a while since I stayed there. So, why not? I drove to our house for about 30 minutes from the dorm. And upon my arrival, I saw Umma on our garden.

 

 

"Umma!" I greeted cheerfully.

 

"Oh. Minho ah. How are you?"

 

"I'm fine. SME gave me a break.I missed you." I said as I give her a hug.

 

"Only you? What about the other members?" She asked.

 

"Ne. They said I looked distracted so Onew hyung suggested a break." I sighed for the nth time.

 

"Jinjja? Thank God Onew is there. So what's bothering my son?"

 

"I have to answer you right now, right? You're not going to let this go?" I asked but she just stared at me. Aigoo.

 

 

So I just began to tell her what happened. From Ji Hyun noona to what happened before this break. She just listened to what I told her. That was until she broke her silence.

 

 

"You really love her, don't you?" She asked straightforwardly. The question itself made me speechless.

 

"But umma, I don't know where to find her right now." I sighed as I bury my face in my hands.

 

"How about take a rest first and think about it over. You still have a week for yourself. Don't waste a bit of it." She said as she stood up and left me.

 

'Should I find her or not?' I thought as I made my way to my room.

 

 

After an hour of sorting my things, I finally layed on my bed. Different things running on my mind. All about Kim Ji Hyun.

 

 

And as I put my hands on my pockets, I felt something. Oh, the paper given by hyung. How can I be so dumb? The answer to my problems, huh? I began unfolding it and read the letter that says:

 

 

Hey Minho-goon / Keroro, surprised? It's me, your Onew hyung and Key. We wrote this letter to tell you something. Read carefully.

 

 

She never meant to leave. But under circumstances, she had to. You always liked her, right? Well, you sure are one lucky frog. I know she wants to say something to you but never had the chance. Now, go man up and confess. Kekeke~ Have fun on your vacation. And go get your girl.

 

 

- OnKey ♥

 

 

PS. I'll tell you a secret if you succeed in this mission, Flaming Charisma Minho!

 

PPS. Call this number. 086-XXXX-XXX.

 

 

Strange. How on Earth does the Dubu tamed the Diva? Something's fishy is going on. But first of all, whose number is this? Well, if hyung says I have to call this number, it's not a crazy fan, right?

 

 

I suddenly grabbed my phone and dialed this unfamiliar number. A few rings were heard and a familiar voice was heard. A female voice.

 

 

* No One's POV *

 

"Yeoboseyo?" Asked by the other line. Minho was shocked. It was Kim Ji Hyun.

 

"J-Ji Hyun noona?" Minho asked.

 

"Ne. This is Kim Ji Hyun. May I ask who is speaking?"

 

"This is Choi Minho. It's been a long time noona. How are you?" He said in a calmed tone. But in his thoughts, he's nowhere near calm.

 

"Oh. Minho-ssi. I'm fine. How about you and the members?"

 

"I got a sudden break by SME. The members are fine. You know, working on schedules."

 

"Why? Is something wrong?"

 

'Yes, noona. Everything is wrong eversince you were gone.'

 

"They said I looked distracted. And with the coming comeback, we can't afford to be distracted or something like that." Minho sighed.

 

"So, it's like a refresh-your-mind break?" Ji Hyun asked.

 

"Yes."

 

"Well, mind to tell me what happened after I left?"

 

"It's a long story, noona."

 

"I've got all day to listen." She said in a convincing tone.

 

"Okay." Minho said in defeat.

 

 

He began to tell her what happened. But not all of it. They were engaged in a long conversation that they did not realize that it's already night.

 

 

"Noona, I think we should end now. You have classes tomorrow, right?"

 

"Ne. It's nice talking to you, Minho-yah."

 

"Can I call you again tomorrow, noona?" Minho feels nervous.

 

"Of course. I'll text you if I'm available. So, good night?"

 

"Good night, noona. Sweet dreams."

 

"Ne ~ Sweet dreams too, Minho-yah." And with that, their conversation is finished.

 

 

Minho laid down on his bed, thinking of what happened. He just talked to Kim Ji Hyun. He sure is gonna get a good sleep tonight.

 

 

- After 2 days -

 

 

* Minho's POV *

 

 

Ji Hyun noona and I always talk on the phone. I'm still planning on asking her out. Not on a date, just two people hanging out. Or something like that?

 

 

"Noona. Are you free tomorrow?" I asked. Hell, I was really nervous.

 

"Yes. Why?"

 

"Well, if that's the case, Can we meet tomorrow?" Minho asked nervously.

 

"Of course. My classes end around 1:45 in the afternoon. So, 2pm on the café near my university?"

 

"Sure."

 

"Good night, Minho-yah. I need to sleep early. So, see you tomorrow?"

 

"Okay. I'm looking forward tomorrow."

 

"Me too. Bye."

 

"Bye." And she hang up.

 

 

I took a deep breath and sighed in relief. I'm meeting Ji Hyun noona tomorrow! I quickly went to my wardrobe and choose my clothes for tomorrow. I spent 10 more minutes contemplating and eventually gave up. I know who to call for emergencies like this. The Almighty Key. And he picked up at the first ring.

 

 

"Hey, Keroro. Miss me already?" He said in a teasing tone.

 

"Oh come on, Key. I need your help."

 

"What's with that panicked voice?"

 

"Key, I'm meeting her tomorrow."

 

"Oh. The Frog has a date tomorrow with noona."

 

"It's not a date. It's just us meeting up to catch up with each other. Nothing else."

 

"Sounds like a date to me. Where are you meeting?"

 

"The café near her university. Help me, Key."

 

"Okay okay. Chill. Here's what you're going to do."

 

 

And so, Key told me what to wear, what to do and what to avoid. He also gave me some tips on how to dress in times like this. I just listened carefully to Key. I don't want to mess up even a single bit.

 

 

- The Next Day -

 

 

I am awkwardly sitting and visibly nervous as I waited at the café near noona's university. This is the first time I will see her after she left.

 

 

My heart kept beating loud. My breathing became uneven. Everything began to move in slow motion as she entered the café. With just a simple entrance, she once again left me speechless.

 

 

Seriously? She was just in a jeans and a simple checkered top that compliments her skin tone and built. Man, if I could just tell her that she's beautiful.

 

 

"Should I take that as a compliment, Minho-yah?" She ask as she tilts her head and stared at me.

 

'God. Did I just said my thoughts out loud?'

 

"O-Of course." I scratched my nape and divert my attention somewhere.

 

"Thanks. You look handsome too. Well, as always." She smiled.

 

"Thanks, noona. Let's order?" I asked.

 

 

We settled here in the café with our frappés. With a little glance here and there. I could feel her stare at me. It made me smile. And seeing her close to me after so long made me want to confess right here, right now. But my heart forbids me. I want to but I just can't.

 

 

* No One's POV *

 

 

"Minho-yah. What are your plans for the remaining days of your break?" She asked.

 

"I don't really know, noona. Fool around." Minho laughed. She smiled.

 

"To be honest, all I did was to talk to you. And I like it." Minho added and smiled in victory as he saw a tint of pink on Ji Hyun's cheeks.

 

"Jinjja? You made me feel shy." Ji Hyun said with a hand on her cheeks.

 

"Kyeopta." Minho said as he leaned forward and pinched Ji Hyun's cheeks.

 

 

Minho didn't know where this feeling of victory came from after he saw that blush. And also the feeling of being confident in front of her. He's confused but he liked it.

 

 

After finishing their frappés and some cheesy lines from Minho, they decided to go to an Amusement Park. With rides here and there, they began to try it one by one. Minho smiled. This time it's not one of those forced smiles. He just feels he's the happiest man in the universe.

 

 

Time pass and it's already dark. They decided to ride something one last time. And it's the Ferris Wheel. He just watched her as she was amazed at the night view from above. Her eyes sparkling made his heart beat fast. He starts to think, when is the time he'll man up and confess?

 

 

The ride finally comes to its end. Minho inwardly thinks that it should've been longer. But Ji Hyun notices that Minho became quiet after the ride.

 

 

"Didn't you like the ride?" Ji Hyun asks.

 

"Mianhae, noona. I was just thinking." 'Thinking on how to confess.'

 

"Are you alright?"

 

"Ne. I'm just a little tired. I've never been to an Amusement Park since debut. It tired me out." Minho said with a laugh.

 

"So, let's call this a day?"

 

"Yeah. I'll bring you home."

 

"Okay, Minho-yah."

 

 

The ride to her house was quiet but not the bad way. They just listened on what's on the radio. Eventually, Ji Hyun fell asleep on the way. Thankfully, Minho knows the way to her dorm. They finally got to their destination and Minho just stares at the sleeping figure beside him. He doesn't do anything but to look at her. And after a few seconds, she began to stir awake.

 

 

"Mianhae. I fell asleep. I didn't even realize that we're already here." She said as she apologized many times.

 

"It's alright, noona. I can't bring myself to wake you. You look so peaceful."

 

"Anyways, Thank you for today. I had fun." She said.

 

"Me too. No need to say thank you though."

 

"Good night. Talk to you tomorrow?"

 

"Ne. Good night. Bye." Minho answered.

 

"Bye. Be careful on your way back." She said as she turned around and walk towards the dorms.

 

"Noona. Wait."

 

"Wha-"

 

 

She was cut off by a kiss. Yes, Minho kissed her. Just a simple peck on her lips. She was shocked. But Minho was twice shocked. He didn't know what made him do it. But he felt that it was so right. He pulled away and mumbled a silent sorry and dashed off. Leaving a dazed Ji Hyun behind.

 

 

He seriously need to keep his emotions on control. He was upset. Upset at himself. Now, for sure, Ji Hyun hates him. For once in his life, he wants to disappear. 

 

 

- AFTER 2 DAYS -

 

 

After that Kiss, neither of them text or strike up a conversation. It drove Minho frustrated. But who is he to complain? It was his fault anyways and he has to pay the consequences. His break ends in 3 days and all he wants to do is to drown himself in work and schedules.

 

 

"I think you need help in something, Minho." He sees his umma on his door frame with a tray of food.

 

"I'm alright, umma. Just a little bit unwell." He lied. But there's no mother that can't see through their children's lies.

 

"I don't think so. You've been like this since that date. Mind to tell me what happened." She said in a warm tone.

 

"I'm such a loser. I never thought I could do something like that."

 

"What did you do?" His umma asked.

 

"I kissed her. I kissed her, umma. It happened all of a sudden. I was just walking to my car and the next thing I knew I grabbed her and kissed her." Minho said with streams of tears flowing out of his eyes.

 

"Aigoo. You don't need to cry. Did she said something after that?"

 

"Ani. She looked shocked and I just ran off. And of course after saying sorry."

 

"I think you need to talk to her. I know she'll listen. And who knows what will happen." With that, she hugged Minho and left.

 

 

Minho was left thinking. Should he really go and give it a try? To talk to her? He looks at his phone for the nth time and sent a text to her saying, 'Let's meet the day after tomorrow. I need to talk to you, noona.' He never bothered waiting for a reply and laid on his bed thinking what would he say. He soon drifted off to sleep, leaving the tray of food his umma brought him, untouched.

 

 

This was so unlike him. He has no confidence. Where does the competitive side of him went? Just when he needs it the most. And just when he starts to understand the game, he was already lost.

 

 

"Mianhae, Minho-yah. I can't accept your feelings." Ji Hyun said with a straight tone.

 

 

He can't explain what he felt. It was really unexplainable. He felt pathetic. He felt pain. He felt the world turned upside down. He just want to forget he even exist. He didn't like this.

 

 

"Yah! Dongsaeng! Wake up." He heard his Minseok-hyung said.

 

'It was just a dream.' A sigh left his lips.

 

"Want to talk about it? I could always lend an ear for my dongsaeng."

 

"No, thank you. I'll just sleep." Minho said.

 

"Okay. Drink this. It'll help you feel better. And you better eat. Umma's worrying." Minseok said while handing him a tea.

 

"I'm fine. I'm not yet hungry."

 

"If you say so. I'll leave now. See you later." He said and left.

 

 

Minho sighed for the second time. It's already morning. And that dream made him sweat. A lot. But what if those dreams come true? He doesn't want to experience that kind of pain. Not now. Not ever.

 

 

* Minho's POV *

 

 

It's the day. The day I will talk to noona. This may be the last time. Or maybe not. I just hope for the best. We decided to meet up again at the café where we last met up. I sat at the same table. Waiting for her was like hell. All I could think of was the worst case scenarios. And also the word Rejection.

 

 

"Minho-yah?" I heard an angelic voice call me.

 

"Noona. Sit." I simply said. Unsure of what I could say.

 

"Ne. You want to talk about something?"

 

"Ne. About the kiss. I'm sorry, noona." I apologized.

 

"You don't have to -" She started.

 

"But I meant it. I did it accidentally because I didn't control the urge inside me to do it. They gave me this break because I was distracted. Distracted thinking of you since you left. I just- I just want to say that I like you, noona. Can you give me a chance?" I confessed. That's it. A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. It feels good to open up.

 

"But we weren't meant to be. You're a star and I'm a nobody." That's all I heard from her. And she ran away. I saw her tears and there's no way I'll let her go.

 

 

From what she said, there's this feeling that this love I had is not one-sided. It's mutual. She's just afraid. And somehow, I felt a wave of confidence I've never felt before. And from what Onew hyung said in the letter, I'm one lucky frog. Is this what he meant? But what does it mean by 'She never meant to leave. But under circumstances, she had to.'?

 

 

After running through crowds on a busy street, I found myself in a park. I have the feeling that she was here. I just know it. And I know I'm right when I noticed a familiar person sitting alone on a bench with her face hidden behing her hair.

 

 

"A pretty lady like you should never be alone. Who knows how many Byuntae will take advantage of her." I stated while taking a seat next to her. She flinched. But she still kept her head down.

 

 

After a few minutes of silence, I heard her mumbled a soft, "Minho-yah."

 

 

"Wae, noona? Is something wrong?"

 

"It was wrong. But how come it felt so right?" She asked.

 

"Mianhae, noona. But I don't understand what you're implying.

 

"The kiss.. That night. It was wrong. But it feels right." A soft chuckle escape her lips.

 

"Does this mean?" I was expecting it. Somehow, she's just afraid to admit it.

 

"I was never meant to leave the company. I broke my promise to your Manager." This is it. She's admitting the true reason behind all of this. She faced me.

 

"What promise?" I asked. I'm confused. A promise?

 

"I like you, Minho. Before I became your coordinator, I promised him that I'll never like one of you. But if I do, I'll have to leave whether I like it or not." She likes me. I sighed in relief.

 

"You never have to do that. I could just talk to him if I knew. I liked you when you became our coordinator. All this time, we're just afraid to confess to each other."

 

"But what if-" I kissed her again. And this time, she starts kissing me back. And after a few more seconds, we both pulled away.

 

"Could you give us a chance?" I asked.

 

"But you're an idol. This isn't right." She explained.

 

"I'm asking you to love Choi Minho. The ordinary one. The real me. Not SHINee's Flaming Charisma Minho." I said.

 

"I guess I could do that." She smiled and gave me a small peck on the cheeks.

 

"I could get used to that, Yeobo." I smiled.

 

"Aigoo. Of course, you will. Yeobo~" She said and showered me with kisses all over my face.

 

"I always want to do this for you, noona." I said.

 

"Do what?" She asked. I stood up and sing.

 

"Noona neomu yeppeo. Michyeo. Replay Replay Replay."

 

 

We went on to hang out after that. But this time, I'm sure it's a date. We catch up with each other again. From her life a college student to the member's life. This break really do me good. It solved all the problems and distractions I had before. And changed my relationship status. 

 

 

She was surprised when she learned that Taemin was in a relationship with our new coordinator. And how Onew hyung and Key are extremely close now when all they did was bicker each other before. That made me think. Onew hyung will tell me a secret after I 'succeed' in this mission. What is it?

 

 

* No One's POV *

 

 

"Gomawo, hyung."

 

 

Onew knew he made a right decision when he suggested to send Minho on a break. Seeing Minho's face with a smile is a sight he'll treasure. And how enthusiastic he is when he told the members what happened. From all those heartbroken parts to the smiles. It's all worth it when they shoulder his schedules.

 

 

"Onew hyung~ Can you tell me the secret now?" Minho used aegyo to his hyung. They are gathering on their living room where Minho told them his experiences.

 

"Oh. That." He stood up and went beside Key who looks at him with loving (?) eyes.

 

"Promise me you'll not be surprised?" Onew asked.

 

"Hyung. I can't believe you didn't tell him about it. And you, Keroro. How dense are you?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"Shut it, Dino. And yes, I will not be surprised." Minho said.

 

 

He notices how Onew holds Key's hands and the faint blush from Key's cheeks.

 

 

"Key and I are together." He announces.

 

 

You can never imagine how his Keroro eyes almost pop out from the shock and laughter from the members echoed the dorm.