PILOT

how my solo career started

 

 
 
 
It was exactly 12:30 in the afternoon, Key had called Nicole out saying he wanted her to meet his girlfriend.
Nicole was surprised, Key never mention any girlfriend especially when he talks to her. To conclude she actually thought Key was gay, considering how he acts around girls, you know that cocky straight forward attitude. Key told Nicole to meet him at her favorite coffee shop. She loved going to the coffee shop it smelt of sweet roast coffee and sweet delights. "ASA! Time to get me some donuts." Nicole exclaimed excitingly as she was getting her wallet out from the bed side table. "Yummy donuts, time to get me some yummy yummy donuts!" She recited all the way to the coffee shop.
 
When she finally got there she could recognize that shaved one sided head any where. Nicole still thought she had helped him with his outer transformation  for his comeback with SHINee because one day when they were hanging out with Jinwoon, Dongwoon, Minho and Mir. She made a joke saying that Key should shave his head like this guy that was on the cover of the magazine. Everybody laughed but she never thought Key would take it into consideration. Many of her fans asks why she has so many male celeb friends than female celeb friends, even though she doesn't even know either shes just use to hanging out with the boys, plus it was beneficial since she didn't have to deal with rowdy cat dramas with her female friends.
 
As she got into the shop, she was greet by the workers, some fans recognized her and ask her for some autographs. 
"What the heck! You guys have a pen with you?" She asked her fans. When she signed the last of the papers, she notice a hand shot up waving for her to come over.
 
"Nicole, your finally here! What took you so long." Key asked in a nervous voice.
"What do you mean." Nicole said as she was checking her watch. "It's only 12:45." Nicole stated as she looked at the female in the chair in front of her. She was really pretty, her hair was short like hers, her smilingly brown eyes glistened. 'She looks familiar.' Nicole thought.
 
"Hello, I'm Nicole." Nicole greeted her.
"O-hh..oh HELLO I'M CHO HEE." The girl yelled bowing to Nicole, she was extremely nervous Key had never showed her to his friends yet, and this was the first time. Then she heard a giggle, it was coming from Nicole.
"Ahaha! It's okay, don't be nervous." Nicole reassured Cho Hee. "Let's be friends from now on." Nicole stated to lessen up the awkward situation.
"YES." Cho Hee repiled. 
"Let's all sit down and order something to eat." Key nervously declared.
"Why are you so nervous both of you! Losen up, i'm not going to bite or criticize you guys, I think you guys make a cute couple." Spoke Nicole in a serious voice. Nicole was really happy for Key, he finally got to find a perfect girlfriend. When was she going to get one, was she going to live alone in this depressing world forever! Becoming wrinkly and old. Nicole shook off that thought, she should get a boyfriend soon just to reassure herself and her parents.
 
The couple was silent in front of her, so Nicole decided to speak again.
"ASA! Time to order some food." She exclaimed as the waitress rushed over towards her. Nicole was her favorite costumer, she was friendly and would always be the one to buy a lot.
"Nicole, what would you like." The waitress asked.
"O! Chung Ae! You work today?" Nicole expressed in a happy voice, she was familiar with the people that work here especially Chung Ae she was like a younger sister to her. "Could I have Chai Tea Latte, with soy, no water and 5 pumps. Two jumbo pieces of French toast, 5 honey glazed curls and a cinnamon bun."
 
Cho Hee was shocked, what Key said was true, Nicole really could eat a lot. Nicole looked at Cho Hee and laughed.
"Ahaha don't worry! I'm not going to eat all of eat, we can all share!" Nicole commented.
As the other two ordered they were all waiting for their food. It was silent again.
"Cho Hee what do you do." Nicole broke the silence.
"Oh, I'm actually in a group and will be debuting soon." Cho Hee replied earnestly.
"Oh! Congratulation! Your a 91'er to right?" Nicole asked, curiously.
Cho Hee nodded.
"Oh YEAH! 91'er." Nicole shouted happily raising her hand out for a hi five.
Cho Hee smiled and hi fived Nicole's hand back.
 
"Key I like her, I actually thought you had no interest in girls." Nicole utter when they were receiving their food.
"Did the others think that too?" Key question her while looking at Nicole who was trying to dig into her French toast.
"MMhmm." She sounded while stuffing with good delight.
"REALLY? Ashhh!" Key was now depressed how could people think he was gay! 
 
Nicole looked at Cho Hee, Cho Hee did the same. All of a sudden they burst out laughing making Key jerk his head towards the two of them.
 
As they all finished the last of the dishes, Cho Hee now had courage to ask Nicole something.
"Nicole....." Cho Hee started grabbing Nicole attention. "Do you think you might be able to go to my debut stage next week?" Cho Hee asked.
 
"Me...really? Of course!" Nicole boomed out loud.
 
They look like they'll be really good friends, Key thought as he smiled.
Key was glad! Also relieved, he finally got to show his best friend his girlfriend. And Nicole accepted him with Cho Hee, he was confident the others will too.
 
 

NEXT WEEK

 
"NO, NO NO! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING DON'T NOOOO! AHHHHHHHHH!" Nicole screamed opening her eyes, waking up to Hara, Jiyoung, Seung-yeon, and Gyuri.
 
"Nicole are you okay?" Seung-yeon asked in a serious voice because Nicole never had nightmares which freaked her out and the rest of them.
 
"Nicole your really pale." Hara commented who was worried for Nicole.
 
"Nicole Unni!" Jiyoung added, they've been up for the past week because of Nicole and her nightmare, what could have happen jiyoung was also concerned.
 
"Do you want to go to the hospital?" Gyuri suggested after seeing Nicole face, she didn't look so good.
 
Nicole wiped off the sweat that drip down her forehead. "No, i'm okay really, you guys all have schedules tomorrow I don't want you guys to arrive all tired, i'm really sorry especially since I've been waking you guys all up for the past week when you guys really need the sleep." Nicole assured them, so they would quickly go back to bed.
 
One by one the girls said there goodbyes the door finally closed.
"What wrong with you lately Nicole, you used to sleep soundly like a baby." Nicole mumbled out loud.
She decided to go get a glass of water before she went to bed maybe that would help. But before she even got close to the door her phone ringed. "Private." She read. Who could it be?
 
"Hello?" Nicole greeted.
"Is this Miss Jung?" The man on the other end spoke.
"Yes." She replied. 
"Sorry for calling you this early in the morning."
"May I ask who's speaking?"
"Oh sorry, It's me, Mr. Lee Hyo Yeon. President of DSP Entertainments."
"OH HELLO."
"Do you think you can meet me at the company right now?"
"Of course, i'll be over as soon as-" Nicole started but Mr. Lee interrupted her.
"There's a car waiting outside for you." He replied and hung up.
 
Nicole looked at her alarm clock it read 5:00 AM, what would the president want with her at this time. Nicole quickly got dressed and rush out of the door closing it silently as possible behind her. Why only her? that thought kept circulating in her mind until she arrived at the company. She entered the building into the elevator to the top floor, when it stopped and the door open she could see that the secretary was still working. The girl looked like she was in her 30's with dark circles painted under her eyes. She looked up at Nicole. "You may proceed into the room." She stated. Nicole nodded.
 
When she opened the door her eyes lay upon an old man seated in a black comfy modern work chair in front of her.
"Nicole, please take a seat." He said. His voice sounded tired, but still alive for some reason. When Nicole first met him three years ago he'd look much younger and healthier. Now his grey hair had overtook his black youthful hair, he'd been under a lot of stress recently. With the leaving of SS501's Leader and possibly the others not to mention. Nicole did what she was told, she sat down.
 
It was silent for awhile but the president eventually spoke.
"Nicole im offering you something, but of course you have all the right to turn it down." He paused then continued.
"Im offering you to become a soloist, you'll be Jung Nicole and not Kara Nicole, a one person show. You see you have met all the criteria, possible to become a soloist. We have picked you out of 100 contestants that we considered. So how about it would you like to take up this offer?"
 
Nicole was surprised, as thoughts kept popping up in her head. Her a soloist? Jung Nicole! She would sing and write her own songs, sing songs on her own. An album that she would sing by herself. But. Damm that but! But she loved her life right now, she couldn't possibly become a soloist and leave all of her friends behind. She knew that road well, fact that the KARA members won't be with her this time, it would be lonely. Plus she wasn't even mentally prepared for this either. She couldn't, not a chance. Especially right now.
Nicole thought it throughly and look at the President, who was waiting for her reply.
 
"I'm flattered with this offer, but I don't think I could do it and im really not mentally prepared for this, im sorry but i will have to decline this offer." 
 
"Very well, im glad you told us right now so we wouldn't have to wait. Though if you ever change your mind, you know where to call." He said as he came towards her pulling out a card which had his phone number on it.
 
Nicole said her goodbyes and left the DSP Entertainment building. She checked her watch, it was 7:00 AM. Nicole looked at herself, good thing she was wearing her gym clothes. Nicole decided to go to the gym and work out before she went home. As she skipping down the lobby, she laughed and giggled. "JUNG NICOLE BECOMES A SOLOIST." Nicole said trying to imitate a reporters voice. She held out the card. "Not a chance." She chuckled putting it away in her pocket.
 
 
 

BACK AT DSP ENTERTAINMENT

 
The man stood up from his chair, adjusting the blinds of the large screen window. The sun had finally come up over the mountains it's raze piercing his eyes until his eyes finally got use to the natural light that poured in. He looked at the girl that was skipping down the lobby. The man open up his cell phone and dialed some numbers until the other end picked up.
"Hello." A girls voice responded.
"You may carry out with the plan, be sure to make no mistakes." He replied and hung up.