Just the beginning.

Take me away

"Why can't you let me go?" She yelled at me.

I stood there shocked, she never yelled  it was out of her nature. It took me a minute to recover and find my voice.

"B..because I love you." The words just flowed out on their own will.

I'm not supposed to feel this way, I mean we're cousins for god sakes, but my heart tells me otherwise. Ever since we were little she would be there, smiling, caring for me. When I saw her my heart would beat faster, I would get nervous. I used to think something was wrong with me until my mom told me i was in love. Of course I never told her who the girl was she would get mad. Something about family in 'that' type of relationship was not right. It wasn't fair, back in the eighteen hundreds the royal families married their brother and sisters.

Her muffled cries are what brought me back. I looked back to Rena. Her back against the wall separating life and death. She was a total mess not that it mattered, she was still beautiful. She sat there bruises and cuts covered her body from her father or should i say my abusive uncle. The next thing I know I'm crouching beside her trying to comfort her without hurting her anymore. That man will certainly pay for this. I eventually got her up and  we walked over to the stairs to head down. We were on the roof for the first time in her life or for what i know, she tried to commit suicide. Luckily no one was there to witness so didn't have to much problems. This was also the first time that I saw the bruises on her legs and the cuts on her arms, ones I hope she didn't make on her own. Rena was the type of person who always smiled and disliked when people hurt themselves. She wanted for everyone to be happy, even if was just for a while. That may be why I didn't find out about what my uncle did until a couple days ago. I was mad at her for not telling me but more at myself for not noticing.

We sat in my car in front of her house. I looked at her as she looked at the house. She had cleaned up on our way over. Putting her jacket back on to cover her arms.

"Are you sure you want to go in there." In fear of her safety, She turned and smiled.

"Yes, Junhong I'm sure."

"Yah I told you it's Zelo!" Fully aware that she was changing the subject. She giggled making me heartbeat speed up.

"Fine, Zelo I don't know why you like that name it just sounds weird." I playfully glared at her.

"Don't make fun of my new name Yongguk hyung gave it to me when I joined the gang."Now it was her turn to glare.

"Choi Junhong  you better not be getting into fights!" I gave her my famous killer smile.

"Me and fights, no way." Rena just rolled her eyes and laughed. By now we were in front of her door. I looked at it like it was the gate to hell. Which in her case it was...most of the time.

"Couldn't you just had gone to live with Eli when he asked you last month?" I could see the sadness in her eyes before she looked away.

"No Oppa already has enough on his plate with his friends." She tapped her chin as she went into her thinking mode. This was another thing she did that made my heart race. Laughing I messed up her hair, pulling her back into reality.

"Yah Rena I thoug- oh hey Junhong," I tried my best to keep the smile on my face as I responded.

"Hey uncle I was just wondering if Rena could spend the night." He looked from me to Rena then back to me.

"I'm sorry she has school in the morning and from what i heard you have your mothers' dinner tonight."

"Ohh yeah I forgot."

"Well Rena has homework, drive safe." He dragged her inside slamming the door shut.

-Rena-

After Zelo left my dad walked over to me.

"Does he know!?" He yelled in my face. I shook my head no, unable to speak. He then dragged me into Eli's old room where i usually took my beatings. I resisted to scream in pain as he hit me with his belt.

Truthfully I don't know why he does this, my mother died from cancer when I was six. We were all upset but father always told us to be happy and that mom would want us to move on and keep her in her heart.

When he was done for the night he sent me to my room. I quickly walked to my room locking it behind me and sat in the corner. I could already feel the tears making their way down my cheeks.

My so-called punishment  started after my brother left. he told father that he wanted to live with his friends so it would be easier to help them. He approved and Eli moved out, leaving his room open and up for use.

-Narrator-

After an hour of crying Rena fell asleep. Little did she know that a plan was forming in her cousins blond little head. The next day when she woke up there was a knock at her door. She looked up towards the door as it opened, revealing four boys. She watched the first boy walk up to her.

"Come on Rena I'm going to take you out today." The boy held out his hand to her. She looked at him with a confused expression. It dawned on her as she looked closer that it was Eli.

"Oppa!" She jumped up throwing her arms around his neck. He laughed, hugging her back. His arms resting on one of the bruises from last night, she made a small noise. Eli quickly pulled away. Confusion and worry written on his face.

"What's wrong?" Rena glanced past him and the boys to her father who glared at her. She put on a smile ignoring the pain.

"I probably just slept wrong." He nodded understanding the situation.

"Dad said you can skip school and go out with us today." He helped her up.

"Really yay well then you have to get out so I can changed," she noticed that she was still in her uniform.

"Aw look at my little sister so cute," he noticed Dongho's stare,"Yahh Dongho not that long." With a kiss on the forehead he dragged the boys out and closed the door. Rena looked out the window. Snow. Silently cheering she ran to her closet, taking out clothes.

'Maybe today would go right.'