Episode 2

Ocean of Flowers

Episode Two !

 

(This chapter starts with Mu Xiang walking off after she’s had her talk with Wu Dong. It then changes into a few days later and Mu Xun alone is with Wu Dong in the Hall of Infinity again.)

 

Mu Xun: (she’s sitting on her chair with her legs crossed and her face is resting on her hand. Her elbow is resting on the arm of the chair and she is in disbelief.) She… really said that to you?

 

Dong: Yes. (Mu Xun chuckles ) First Teacher, will Second Teacher be pulled into this one too? I feel that she’s going against your words; she deserves death for this kind of behavior.

 

Mu Xun: She’s my sister, you dare touch her?

 

Dong: (he hangs his head.) It’s not that. I was just… I feel that she should be punished for trying to against First Teacher.

 

Mu Xun: You must have such a boring life Dong Er, looking for death?

 

Dong: (he lifts up his head to look at his teacher.) First Teacher!

 

Mu Xun: (laughs loudly) Wu Dong… Wu Dong… Have you heard any news of Tong Man recently? How is he and Dai Zang doing? Are they well?

 

Dong: I know nothing of this. If First Teacher desires to know, Dong Er will find out. (Wu Dong begins to step out.)

 

Mu Xun: Disciple Dong! (Wu Dong turns back to look at her.) Go take a rest, you’ve earned it.

 

Dong: But First Teacher-

 

Mu Xun: Go ahead. I’m granting this to you. I want to personally want to pay them a visit too.

 

Dong: First Teacher, do you need disciples on this trip?

 

Mu Xun: You should know that best.

 

Dong: (he smirks and then puts his hands together as a sign to obey his teacher.) Yes.

 

(Tong Man has found an abandoned house for Dai Zang to rest in. As she wakes up, Tong Man is squatting and blowing into a little fire pit trying to start a fire. She sits up and observes him and finds his hard efforts amusing. She eventually smiles and gets out of bed, then she squats next to him weakly.)

 

Dai Zang: Tong Da Ge, you really don’t know how to start a fire. You don’t have experience in this?

 

(Tong Man stops what he’s doing, and turns to look at her excitedly.)

 

Tong Man: (he looks as If she just wants to hug her, but in a quick glance he turns back into his cool and cold self.) You’ve awaken.

 

Dai Zang: (smiles weakly.) Tong Da Ge don’t act like you’re not happy to see me up again. From what I see, you can barely keep your smile from showing.

 

(She weakly nudges him, but she grabs herself in pain. Tong Man grabs her with a very worried expression.)

 

Tong Man: What’s wrong? Where does it hurt you?

 

(Dai Zang smiles softly and then she leans over and rests on his chest. Tong Man slowly looks down at her as she closes her eyes and lies there peacefully. He then slowly begins to wrap both his arms around her.)

 

(Skipping to a couple days afterwards, Dai Zang has recovered a bit. Dai Zang is walking towards the abandoned house with some fire wood she picked up. She is also carrying a little cup made from bamboo that contains some water inside while Tong Man is sitting down outside the house off to the side. He is trying to make bucket to carry water.)

 

Dai Zang: Tong Da Ge! (Tong Man looks up from his bucket to Dai Zang and a soft smile appears on his face. Dai Zang walks over to him and hands him the little cup.) Have some water.

 

Tong Man: (he looks at the cup then at Dai Zang.) What about you?

 

Dai Zang: I drank some down by the river already. This is your portion.

 

(Tong Man smiles and stands up from where he is sitting. He takes the cup from Dai Zang and holds up to her face signaling for him to drink some. Dai Zang chuckles and she drinks some water; after she finishes, Tong Man also takes a sip from it.)

 

Dai Zang: (she looks down at the firewood she is carrying.) This is all the firewood I can find. I’m sorry, I know that this won’t last us long.

 

Tong Man: It’s not your fault. You’re not doing well anyways. I told you already to rest until your body is recovered, but you insisted on helping out.

 

Dai Zang: If I don’t help you, who would ? (Tong Man and Dai Zang both chuckles and Tong Man reaches out to caress her cheeks.)

 

(As Tong Man begins to caress her cheeks, flower petals of all sorts begin falling from the sky. The colors of the petals reminds Tong Man of of Silent Moon Sect’s flowers that grow with green vines in the Hall of Infinity. As a worried look crawls onto Tong Man’s face, Dai Zang gets overly excited about the colorful petals showering from above.)

 

Dai Zang: Tong Da Ge, look! It’s so beautiful!

 

(Dai Zang runs excitedly towards petals and she happily spins around and around, not knowing what danger awaits them. Tong Man stares at the sky in disbelief and also in terror. Dai Zang’s happy laughter is broken when she turns to look at Tong Man and he looks like he’s just been destroyed.)

 

Dai Zang: Tong Da Ge, what’s wrong with you? (Tong Man turns to look at Dai Zang) Don’t you think all this is pretty? (Tong Man doesn’t answer and just continues looking at her. Dai Zang smiles and walks over to him.) Hey, you’re always acting so cool. Don’t act like you can’t see the petals from the sky. It’s like the heavens are showering us with long and beautiful lives don’t you think?

 

(Tong Man still doesn’t answer and is still staring up to the sky. Dai Zang sighs and she stands next to him, shoulder to shoulder. They both gaze up at the sky, but with different expressions and understandings.)

 

(Later on that night, Dai Zang is sleeping peacefully on the little bed in the abandoned house. Tong man sleeps on the ground with a simple cloth as a bed sheet. The night is super duper quiet, there’s not even grasshoppers chirping. Tong Man is having trouble sleeping so he suddenly sits up and walks over to where Dai Zang is sleeping. He kneels down by her side and caresses her cheek again. As he caresses her, the sound of footsteps come from outside. Tong Man turns his attention to the sounds and he also begins to slowly walk over to where his sword was, on a table. He grabs his sword and before he makes his way out of the house, he turns back to look at Dai Zang who is still sleeping soundlessly. With a sort of sad expression he walks out. As soon as he shuts the door, a poisonous dart comes flying at him. He pulls out his sword and uses to block himself from the dart. Just then, thousands of darts come towards him all at once; Tong Man begins “fighting” the darts and dodging them. There is one dart left flying at him, but before he can actually hit it away, the dart suddenly transforms into his First Teacher. Tong Man hesitates to strike and is kicked right in the chest causing him to fall back into the door. Tong Man, who is now sitting against the door, looks up and his First Teacher is standing over him looking straight down at him.)

 

Tong Man: First Teacher. (Tong Man gets into a kneeling position as to greet his teacher.)

 

Mu Xun: Hmph! Disciple Tong Man, It’s been a long time since we’ve heard from you. I was worried that something bad has happened to you holding you back from returning. Tell me, how’s your mission going? Why haven’t you gotten back to me and Second Teacher yet?

 

Tong Man: First Teacher… I… This disciple has… Jiang Tong Man will like to ask a favor of First Teacher.

 

Mu Xun: A favor? This is the first time you’ve asked me for a favor. It must be extravagant; speak, what is it?

 

Tong Man: First Teacher, this disciple would like to ask… Please think twice about kidnapping Yu Dai Zang. What has she done to offend First Teacher so much as to kidnap her?

 

Mu Xun: (smirks) Jiang Tong Man, don’t tell me that you’ve fallen for that ? If you knew who she really was, would you still be admiring her this much?

 

Tong Man: First Teacher, I was only asking for a favor and an answer.

 

Mu Xun: The favor you asked for will never be fulfilled so don’t count on it. As for your question, you’re in no position for an answer. You, Jiang Tong Man is nothing but a mere disciple. (laughs evilly) And you dare to ask me such a question.

 

Tong Man: Whatever she’s done in the past to offend First Teacher, please allow me to shoulder it.

 

Mu Xun: (she glares at Tong Man with disbelief.) What?

 

Tong Man: Let your disciple Jiang Tong Man shoulder her punishments. Yu Dai Zang is a kind-hearted, caring, and giving lady. She’s hasn’t done anything to offend me or anyone for the time that I was here so I believe that she has never offended First Teacher too. For the sake of your disciple begging you, please spare Yu Dai Zang’s life!

 

Mu Xun: You think you can shoulder her faults single-handedly? It’s not that easy to convince me!

 

(Mu Xun gets super angry because of what Tong Man says and she shoots power/chi from her palm sending Tong Man to fly straight into the house and hitting the back wall of the house. That also causes a loud thump and Dai Zang is awakened. She quickly sits up and sees Tong Man sitting against the back wall struggling to get up.)

 

Mu Xun: (she gets up quickly out bed and runs over to Tong Man. She kneels on the ground next to him and grabs his arm) Tong Da Ge, what happened to you?

 

(Tong Man is staring straight at the door, so Dai Zang also slowly turns her head to look at the door. Mu Xun is standing in the door way and looking at them both with much hatred in her eyes.)

 

Mu Xun: It comes out to be that you’ve indeed fallen for her. My assumptions weren’t wrong. (Tong Man doesn’t say a word, but is breathing heavily from the impact on his body when his First Teacher Struck him.)

 

Dai Zang: Who are you?! Why did you hurt Tong Da Ge?!

 

Mu Xun: Shut up! You’re the reason why he’s in this state! Think about it would you, if you weren’t being so seductive with my disciple, then maybe he would stand a chance to be living later.

 

Dai Zang: your disciple? (looks at Tong Man, then wuickly looks back at Mu Xun) You’re his First Teacher!

 

Tong Man: (he weakly and slowly rises back to his feet holding his sword in his hand and the cover for his sword in another hand.) I told you already that I’ll shoulder all her wrongdoings towards you. Come on!

 

Dai Zang: (she steps in front of Tong Man with her back facing him and she’s looking directly at Mu Xun.) No! I haven’t offended her! I don’t even know who she is! You can’t do this without reasonable facts!

 

Mu Xun: Miss Yu, are you not afraid of death? If you move aside, at least the one dying won’t be you.

 

Tong Man: Move aside.

 

Dai Zang: (looks over her shoulder at Tong Man) No! If you allow yourself to die in her hands, then how do you value yourself?! She’s already at such a low level to live on others deaths and feed of the discontent of unfortunate people! If you let her kill you, then you’ll be lower than her!

 

Mu Xun: You sure have a big mouth for such a low class lady, how impolite.

 

(Mu Xun also shoots power/chi out of her plam towards Dai Zang too, but Tong Man quickly grabs Dai Zang and they both fall off to the side. Mu Xun quickly shoots again, but they both roll over and Mu Xun misses. Mu Xun shoots again, but this time Tong Man also shoots his power/chi. When both of their powers/chis collide, a big explosion takes place creating a lot of smoke in the air making it hard to see. Mu Xun is actually surprised by Tong Man’s behavior and how dare he attacks his own Teacher. She sticks out both her arms straight in front of her and then wiggles her fingers. As she does that, she slowly pulls her arms away from each other and the room is now clear from smoke[Her right arm moves to the right, left arm moves to the left]. She looks around the room searching for Tong Man and Dai Zang, they’re nowhere in sight.)

 

(Back at Silent Moon Sect Mu Xiang is kneeling and praying to the tablet of their deceased Elder, the one who passed her position to the Bai sisters before she died.)

 

Mu Xiang: Teacher, please excuse me and Mu Xun’s actions. You depended on us to carry on our sect’s reputation, but we have failed you. I remember you would always tell us, “If you want happiness for an hour -- take a nap. If you want happiness for a day -- go fishing. If you want happiness for a month -- get married. If you want happiness for a year -- inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime -- help someone else.” Ever since you discontinued your position, do you know how hard it’s been to see one happy smile in this desolate place? I finally understand what you mean now, helping someone else will make you happy. Even if you get nothing out of it, as long as you know that someone smiled and was happy because of you, it’s worth it. Teacher, if only you were here, how much better would that be?

 

Mu Xun: (enters the room suddenly.) Mu Xiang!

 

(Mu Xiang jumps and turns to face her sister abruptly.)

 

Mu Xiang: Jie… (Mu Xiang stands up and hangs her head down as if she’s waiting for a command.) I miss our Teacher, I was only here to pay respects.

 

Mu Xun: (looks at Mu Xiang disapprovingly.) Really?

 

Mu Xiang: Yes. (there’s a very tense silence, then Mu Xiang speaks.) How was your trip Jie?

 

Mu Xun: (sighs) As usual, there’s nothing special. (Silence again)

 

Servant 3: (enters the room quickly.) Greetings to First Teacher.

 

(Mu Xun doesn’t say anything.)

 

Mu Xiang: What is it?

 

Servant 3: Second Teacher, Tang Jun is giving birth. (both teachers look at the servant surprisingly.)

 

Mu Xiang: Tang Jun?

 

Servant 3: Yes.

 

Mu Xiang: Since when? Has she gotten the child yet?

 

Servant 3: Not yet, she’s been in labor since this morning during the Chen Shi hour. (7am to 9am)

 

Mu Xiang: Which hour is it now?

 

Servant 3: Wei Shi. (1pm-3pm)

 

(Mu Xiang quickly runs out of the room. Servant 3 bows quickly to Mu Xun then runs after her Second Teacher. Mu Xun remains in the room; she stands there quietly for a couple of seconds, then turns back and looks at her teacher’s tablet sitting on a pedestal. Incense is burning next to it. Mu Xun slowly walks over to it.)

 

Mu Xun: (talking in her mind) You’re already dead, so stay dead. This is my sect now; no one shall be paying respects to you anymore. It must all be me!

 

(Mu Xun kicks the table that the tablet is sitting on and everything falls over. Mu Xun stands there breathing heavily and staring angrily at the tablet on the ground. Her breathing gets heavier and heavier, then she stomps on the tablet breaking it into pieces.)

 

(Mu Xiang is running towards Tang Jun’s room. As she approaches the room Wu Dong is pacing excitedly back and forth outside the door. You can hear the sound of Tang Jun screaming and groaning from inside.)

 

Mu Xiang: Dong Er, how is she doing?

 

Dong: Second Teacher. (he bows quickly, but Dai Zang rises him back to stand.)

 

Mu Xiang: Tang Jun, is she okay?

 

Dong: I don’t know. The servants said she’s fine, but she sounds like she’s in pain.

 

Mu Xiang: Rest assured, she’ll be fine. Tang Jun is a really strong girl.

 

Dong: Thank you for checking on us Second Teacher.

 

Mu Xiang: Don’t mention it. (Mu Xiang looks around at servant 3 who is standing behind her.)(to Servant 3) Go prepare some Egg Drop Soup for Tang Jun.

 

Servant 3: Yes. (servant 3 leaves.)

 

(Wu Dong continues to stand there nervously and within a couple of hours, the sound of a crying baby’s voice is heard coming from the room. Wu Dong, who is now sitting outside the door stands up excitedly and Mu Xiang who was standing calmly even turns her head to face the door too. Wu Dong smiles happily and in a couple minutes, a servant 4 comes out carrying a baby in her arms. Servant 4 hands the baby to Wu Dong.)

 

Servant 4: Wu Da Ge, your son.

 

(Wu Dong grabs the baby and smiles at it happily.)

 

Dong: Great! I have a son now. (he looks excitedly at his Second Teacher.) Second Teacher, I have a son now! (Mu Xiang smiles back at him. Wu Dong happily looks back at his son then he finally looks up at servant 4 again.)(to Servant 4) Where’s Tang Jun?

 

Servant 4: She’s resting inside.

 

(Wu Dong smiles and carries his son inside. He walks over to her bedside and sits down next to her.)

 

Dong: Tang Jun, look! We have a son now.

 

Tang Jun: (she weakly looks at her son and smiles.) It’s a boy?

 

Dong: (nods) Mm! You see, he has your eyes.

 

Tang Jun: (smiles) let him rest by me, okay?

 

Dong: Alright. (he lays their child down next to Tang Jun and bends over to Tang Jun and plants a kiss on her forehead.)

 

7 Months Later…

 

(Jiang Tong Man and Yu Dai Zang are now living in their own little town that happens to have a river running nearby. They originally built a house there for them, but after a while random families began joining them and now they have a little town that they named Ping An Town. Dai Zang is pregnant with Tong Man’s child now for 7 months and her stomach is showing.)

 

(Dai Zang stands at the door of a little cozy home wiping sweat off her forehead; she looks around for Tong Man and when she can’t find him, she decides to walk out of the house and walks into their little town to search for her “husband.” The village is small, but filled with people who are walking around and doing their daily chores. There is only one Inn/Tavern in town. The sun is shining beautifully and everyone seems happy.)

 

Random Villager 1: (an old woman who is hanging some wet clothes) Good morning Madame Jiang!

 

Dai Zang: (says happily) Good morning!

 

Little Kid: (a little kid who is walking by; he’s about 5 or 6 years old) Hi Madame Jiang.

 

Dai Zang: (smiles) Hello. (she kneels down next to the little kid.) Where are you heading to so early?

 

Little Kid: My mother asked me to go and check our farm to see if the crops are doing okay. She’s not feeling well so I must take over these jobs as her son.

 

Dai Zang: Oh… I’ll come by to see your mother later alright?

 

Little Kid: Okay.

 

Dai Zang: (smiles) I’m leaving now. (Dai Zang stands back up and begins walking away.)

 

Little Kid: Have a good day Madame Jiang! (the little kid runs off)

 

Random Villager 2: (an older man in his late 30s who is chopping wood outside) Madame Jiang, are you looking for your husband?

 

Dai Zang: Yes I am, do you happen to know where he is?

 

Random Villager 2: I think… I saw this morning walk out to the river with a couple of other men.

 

Dai Zang: Thank You then.

 

(Dai Zang walks out to the river and looks around for her husband. As she walks along the riverside, she spots some clothes that is sitting on a rock. She walks over to the rock and picks up the clothes to observe it. It was Tong Man’s clothes indeed; she stands up and looks around. Then out of nowhere her husband is standing behind her.)

 

Tong Man: (whispers in her ear) Darling.

 

(Dai Zang immediately turns around to look at him, screams then begins to fall over. Tong Man quickly grabs her and prevents her from falling in. When they finally look each other in the eyes, Tong Man begins to laugh. Dai Zang angrily pushes him away from her.)

 

Dai Zang: How dare you scare me like that!

 

Tong Man: (laughs) Dai Zang Darling, I thought I told you to stay in town. It’s dangerous for you to be walking around like this you know. (he walks over to Dai Zang and wraps his arms around her waist.)

 

Dai Zang: It’s all your fault. I woke up and you were gone. I cooked breakfast, but you never came back so I got worried.

 

Tong Man: (smiles) Okay then. Let’s head home and eat breakfast. Hmm?

 

(He leans over to kiss her, but she makes a weird expression then immediately pinches her nose.)

 

Tong Man: (looks confused) What is it?

 

Dai Zang: You smell bad! Like fish!

 

Tong Man: (laughs) Have you forgotten, I’m a fisherman from the East.

 

Dai Zang: Nonsense. (in a teasing voice) What is the weather like in he East?

 

Tong Man: it’s not bad!

 

(Dai Zang lets out a little laugh. Tong Man smiles and grabs his shirt from her hands. He puts on his shirt and looks at her adoringly.)

 

Tong Man: Let’s head back, hm?

 

Dai Zang: (nods) Okay.

 

(Tong Man walks ahead, but he holds her hand so she won’t fall over or slip anywhere and they continue home.)

 

(A couple nights later, Tong Man and Dai Zang are getting for bed when someone knocks at their door. Dai Zang is sitting in the bed and Tong Man was walking over to the bed, when the door knocks, Tong Man walks over and opens the door. An older man named Ding Yuan Shen, better known as Uncle Ding, in his late 30s is standing in the door way holding onto a little boy’s hand. The little boy is very dirty and looks a bit terrified; he is the age of 2.)

 

(Moments later, Dai Zang and Tong Man are sitting side by side at a table, while Uncle Ding and the small boy are sitting together on the opposite side.)

 

Tong Man: Uncle Ding, you said you have words to speak with us about?

 

Uncle Ding: Oh yes, yes… I do actually.

 

Tong Man: Please speak.

 

Uncle Ding: (looks at the boy sitting next to him, then back at Tong Man and Dai Zang) It’s about this boy, Guang Ming.

 

Tong Man: (looks at the boy also, then at Uncle Ding.) Guang Ming? What did he do to you?

 

Uncle Ding: To be honest, he is making my life more and more worse by the minute. I can’t stand him any longer! He wakes up in the middle of the night and cries for his parents and he’s always begging for food! I have my own family too, I can’t provide for him at all!

 

Tong Man: he’s not your child?

 

Uncle Ding: (in a disgusted voice) Him? Of course not! His damn parents abandoned him shortly after giving birth to him and left him in my care! How can such a child be of my own blood?

 

(Dai Zang becomes agitated and is about to speak, but Tong Man looks over at her and grabs her hand under the table. Dai Zang quietly sits there trying to not get angry.)

 

Tong Man: If his parents left him in your care then you must be a good person. They’re counting on you to raise their child for them. It can be considered a gift. The person who raised me, use to tell me that “If you want happiness for an hour -- take a nap. If you want happiness for a day -- go fishing. If you want happiness for a month -- get married. If you want happiness for a year -- inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime -- help someone else.”

 

Uncle Ding: (sighs) I don’t care about that! I just want don’t want this kid any longer! I’m giving him to you! What do you say, do you want him?

 

(Tong Man looks at the small child in disbelief and in surprise, then at Uncle Ding.)

 

Tong Man: Uncle Ding, you’re going too far; This isn’t necessary. He’s but a mere child, it should be normal for kids to act like this. You have kids of your own, take pity on little Ming Er at least.

 

Uncle Ding: Me have pity on him? This rascal should be having pity on me! He should feel sorry for ruining my life! Since he’s appeared, my wife and kids are no longer happy. They fight and fight and fight every day over money! It’s making me crazy!

 

Tong Man: What does little Ming Er have to do anything with money?

 

Uncle Ding: He steals my money!

 

Tong Man: (looks surprised and then looks at Guang Ming.) He stole your money?

 

Uncle Ding: Well… He didn’t exactly steal my money, but he robs me of money!

 

Tong Man: in what ways?

 

Uncle Ding: He always wants food! And He’s always asking for new clothes because he’s cold all the time! What kind of kid is always cold?!

 

(Dai Zang looks over at Guang Ming and turns out that all his clothes are raggy and ripped. His clothes have patches of clothes sewn on. Dai Zang then turns to look at Uncle Ding whose clothes are perfectly fine. Dai Zang turns her face away trying not to get angry.)

 

Uncle Ding: Do you guys want him or not?!

 

(Tong Man looks at Dai Zang who is still currently turned away. He then turns to look at Uncle Ding.)

 

Tong Man: Uncle Ding, you know that our Jiang family is also expecting a child of our own. I think it will be best If you go ask another family.

 

(Dai Zang turns to look at Tong Man with an are-you-serious expression)

 

Uncle Ding: Hm! Fine then! (he grabs Guang Ming’s hand roughly and begins to pull him.) Let’s go ask if another family is willing to take you in you rascal!

 

Dai Zang: Wait!

 

(Uncle Ding turns back to look at Dai Zang. Dai Zang stands up from where she is sitting and walks over to Guang Ming and grabs him away from Uncle Ding. Guang Ming begins to make little crying noises.)

 

Dai Zang: We’ll take him in.

 

Tong Man: Dai Zang…

 

Dai Zang: I said we’ll take him.

 

Uncle Ding: Good then. If anyone ask, I wasn’t here.

 

(Uncle Ding walks out and Guang Ming begins to cry loudly. Dai Zang picks him up and hilds him in her arms as if he was really her own child. Ming Er continues to cry so Dai Zang sets him down next to Tong Man and walks over into the kitchen. An hour or so later Dai Zang comes back into the room with two a bowls of Red Yam Soup. She sets on down in front of Tong Man, the other in front of Guang Ming. She then sits down next to him as he cries and she sweet talks him into eating the yam. As all of this is going on, Tong Man observes Dai Zang and finally realizes how much pity and care she has for this child.)

 

Months pass and Ming Er eventually grow to like Dai Zang and Tong Man; Dai Zang also gives birth to a little baby girl and named her Hua Lei. Their family is a very happy, loving, helping, and caring family. Guang Ming respects Hua Lei and he tries hard to be exactly like his “dad”, Tong Man.

 

(Skipping ahead a few years. Guang Ming is now 9 years old; Hua Lei is 7. Guang Ming is out playing with some friends and Dai Zang has bought some apples for Hua Lei and Guang Ming. Hua Lei is holding a beautiful red apple in her hands and is on her way to find her brother. Their town is a lot bigger now than it to be.)

 

(As Hua Lei is walking slowly and concentrating on her apple, she gets pushed down by some 3 boys who are taller and older than she is.)

 

Boy 1: Hey little girl! If you don’t want to get hurt, give us you apple!

 

Hua Lei: Who are you? Why did you push me down for?

 

Boy 2: Didn’t you hear our Lao Da (boss)! He told you to hand over your apple!

 

Hua Lei: But… This apple is for my brother.

 

Boy 3: (whispers to Boy 1) Her brother is that Ming Er punk that messes with us.

 

Boy 1: Your Brother is Guang Ming?

 

Hua Lei: Yeah, I’m bringing this apple to him. Please don’t take it from me.

 

Boy 1: Huh! All the more I need your apple! Give to me!

 

(Boy 1 grabs the happle from Hua Lei’s hands and he pulls on it. Hua Lei pulls on it too so they begin pulling on it crazily. Boy 2 comes to help so they successfully pull it from away from Hua Lei. The boys begin laughing and they begin throwing the apple around. Hua Lei begins to cry a little.)

 

Hua Lei: No! Give Ming Ge Ge’s apple back to me!

 

(Hua Lei begins to run after the apple as the three boys throw it around and treat her as a joke. They push her down and push her slightly to set her off balance, but she doesn’t give up and continues running after her Ming Ge Ge’s apple. Boy 3 pushes her and she falls on her . Hua Lei begins to cry more, but bravely gets up and begins running for the apple again. The boys laugh and then boy 1 also pushes her over. Before she falls and hits the ground, Guang Ming comes from behind and prevents her from falling. He grabs her arms and pushes them forward making her body balance out. Then Hua Lei turns to look at the person that pushed her.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge! (She lets out a loud cry and runs over to him then hugging him.) Ming Ge Ge they’re bullying me!

 

Guang Ming: Who is?

 

Hua Lei: (she points back to the three boys who are now focused on Guang Ming.) They stole the apple that mother bought for me. I was going to bring it to you, but they took it away and won’t give it back!

 

(Guang Ming looks over at the three boys; he pats Hua Lei on the back and takes her arms that are wrapped around him off. He then walks over to the three boys and looks at them from face to face.)

 

Guang Ming: (holds out his hands in front of the three guys.) Return the apple to my sister.

 

Boy 1: (laughs) Guang Ming ah Guang Ming! Everyone in the town knows that she’s not really your sister. Her parents pitied you and took you in as their own child. And you even have the guts to go around and call her your sister in broad daylight. (Boy 1 hits Guang Ming’s hand down.) Aren’t you brave!

 

Guang Ming: (holds out his hand again.) I said for you to give my sister her apple.

 

Boy 1: Who do you think you are?! You think that by saying that I’ll listen to you?! You think I’m scared of you? Dream on!

 

Guang Ming: it’s not a hard task, just hand the apple back. I’m not even asking you to apologize so you shouldn’t be so greedy.

 

Boy 2: Lao Da, just beat him up.

 

Boy 3: Yeah, just hit him.

 

(Boy 1 looks at his friends who are still encouraging him to beat up Guang Ming. Then, Boy 1 walks over to Guang Ming and grabs the collar of his shirt.)

 

Boy 1: You want your apple back?

 

Guang Ming: I won’t fight with you, I just want Hua Lei’s apple back.

 

Boy 1: Good. (Boy 1 drops the apple in the pocket of his shirt.) Grab it out of my pocket if you dare.

 

(Guang Ming glares at Boy 1, then in an instant Guang Ming lunges forward trying to grab the apple. Boy 1 panics and falls over so Guang Ming climbs on top of him and is trying to take the apple out. Boy 2 and Boy 3 jump in and pull Guang Ming off; Boy 3 throws a punch right into Guang Ming’s stomach, and the three boys begin to beat up Guang Ming. Hua Lei stares in disbelief so she tries to help her brother, but every time she gets close to her brother one of the boys will push her away. After the 3 boys had enough they all stand up over Guang Ming, who is lying on the ground curled into a ball.)

 

Boy 1: You’re willing to do all that for just an apple? What good for nothing! (Boy 1 takes out the apple.) Here! (Boy 1 throws the apple in front of Guang Ming’s face.) You can have it! I didn’t want it anyways!

 

(Boy 1 stands there looking at Guang Ming for a bit longer. Guang Ming’s nose is bleeding and he also has blood coming from the corner of his mouth.)

 

Boy 1: Let’s go! (Boy 1, 2 and 3 all leave.)

 

(After those boys leave, Hua Lei comes running to Guang Ming. She kneels down next to him and she wipes off the blood from his nose and mouth with the sleeves of her clothes. She’s also crying.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge, don’t hurt yourself like this next time! What will mother and father say when they see you like this?!

 

(Guang Ming slowly sits up and grabs the apple that was still sitting in the ground. He slowly wipes off the dirt and cleans it with his shirt, then weakly hands it over to Hua Lei.)

 

Hua Lei: (looks at the apple in a very surprised way.) Ming Ge Ge…

 

Guang Ming: You said they won’t give you the apple back, I got it back for you.

 

(Hua Lei begins to cry and she hugs him suddenly.)

 

Guang Ming: Silly, why are you still crying? I already got your apple back.

 

(Hua Lei continues crying and hugging Guang Ming. Later that night at home, Guang Ming is being scolded by Tong Man for getting into a fight. Guang Ming is sitting quietly not answering to anything, while Hua Lei is protecting him and saying that he never did anything wrong. Dai Zang is applying medicine on Guang Ming’s wounds quietly.)

 

Tong Man: (angrily) I didn’t raise you to be a hooligan and get into fights like this! Do you think that any honor and respect would be brought upon you if you act like this? Do you want to be called a rascal everyday by others Ming Er?

 

Hua Lei: He wasn’t doing anything wrong! They took my apple form me and Ming Ge Ge was only protecting me!

 

Tong Man: (to Hua Lei) You’re just a girl. You shouldn’t be running around town by yourself like that.

 

Hua Lei: Mother bought apples for us so I really wanted Ming Ge Ge to eat one too. I only went to go look for him so I can give some to him!

 

Tong Man: You could have just waited until he got home, can you not?

 

Hua Lei: I can’t! You probably would have eaten it all by then!

 

Tong Man: (in a very angry tone) You-

 

Dai Zang: (interrupts Tong man) Jiang Hua Lei, don’t talk to your father like that way.

 

Hua Lei: Mother, he’s accusing Ming Ge Ge of doing something he never did! Didn’t you always teach us that lying and falsely accusing others of faults is a foul manner ? I thought you said we shall never practice it! How come when Father does it, it’s perfectly fine?!

 

(Dai Zang uses a wet towel to wipe a purple bruise on Guang Ming’s forehead. Guang Ming pushes Dai Zang’s hand away and walks over to Hua Lei. He grabs her hand and they both walk into their bedroom.)

 

Guang Ming: Goodnight Mother and Father.

 

Tong Man: Dai Zang, look at our children! How did we ever raise them wrong to act like this?! Since when does Hua Lei become so spoiled like this?!

 

Dai Zang: (she begins to clean up the things she used for Guang Ming’s face.) They’re kids, I suspect that it’ll be like this for a while. Anyways, Ming Er is a good brother to Hua Lei; it’s understandable that she would stand up and talk for him. I’m pretty sure you noticed too how good he is to her.

 

Tong Man: (he sits down at the table.) Fine, fine, fine! They’re a good pair of siblings.

 

Dai Zang: (she puts the stuff away and goes sit next to Tong Man. She grabs onto one of his arms and rests her head on his shoulder.) What’s the point of getting mad for? Think about it, there’s many small children in this world, but it’ll be hard to find siblings like Ming Er and Hua Lei.

 

Tong Man: (sighs) Probably, but I still don’t understand why she’s so bratty. I’ve never seen her like this before.

 

Dai Zang: (chuckles, raises her head up, and looks up at Tong Man.) Don’t tell me that you don’t know how much Ming Er spoils her.

 

Tong Man: (surprised voice) Hm? He spoils her?

 

Dai Zang: Of course he does. She’s his only sister so he always wants what’s best for her and wants her to be safe at all times. Before you came home earlier, Ming Er was telling me that he was a good for nothing and he was worthless. He said that he failed to protect his sister when she needed him, and because of that he wasn’t going to back down. I really believe that he wouldn’t hit the other boys. He really respects you; didn’t you notice that he didn’t say a word to go against you earlier?

 

Tong Man: You’re saying that Hua Lei doesn’t have any respect?

 

Dai Zang: It’s not that, Hua Lei just has guts and she’s really open-minded because of how her brother is so loving towards her. I don’t believe that Ming Er would hurt those kids; it’s just not like him to do that.

 

Tong Man: (sighs again) Where did the kids go?

 

Dai Zang: Probably asleep by now. Why, do you want to apologize now?

 

Tong Man: I think it’ll be better if I do.

 

Dai Zang: (smiles) Good then; even if you’re the father, it’s also good to show your children that you guys are at the same level.

 

(Tong Man looks at Dai Zang and smiles. He places his hand on top her hand that’s holding his arm, and he squeezes her hand softly. Dai Zang smiles and lays her head back on his shoulder.)

 

(As they’re happily sitting there, a gust of wind blows through a window and also brings some colorful flower petals in too. Some petals fly and land on the table where Dai Zang and Tong Man are sitting. Dai Zang picks up a yellow petal and remembers the petals the day where beautiful petals filled the sky. She looks over to Tong Man smiling happily as Tong Man is looking blankly at the petals in front of him. He then turns to Dai Zang and forces a smile out.)

 

Tong Man: Dai Zang, let’s go to bed. The kids are sleeping already, us as parents should be good example and follow suit.

 

Dai Zang: (smiles) Alright. Tong Man, look! (she holds up the yellow petal in her hands up to Tong Man’s face.) Isn’t it pretty?

 

(Tong Man looks at it for a while then he forces another smile at Dai Zang.)

 

Tong Man: It’s beautiful. 

 

(Dai Zang smiles and she walks into their bedroom first. Tong Man sits quietly at the table for moments longer just hoping that nothing bad will happen to his family. After a while he walks into his bedroom. Dai Zang is sitting in front of a mirror taking off some hairpins from her hair.)

 

Dai Zang: What took you so long?

 

(Dai Zang watches as Tong Man walks in slowly and sits down at the table in their room. She turns around to have a clear look at him and turns out that he looks very worried and sad. Dai Zang quickly takes out the last couple hairpins in her hair and she goes sit down next to Tong Man.)

 

Dai Zang: What’s wrong? Why did you come in like this all of sudden?

 

Tong Man: There’s something… I should have told you a long time ago…

 

Dai Zang: (she looks a bit worried, but smiles as a way to assure him that’s he doesn’t mind.) What is it? Just speak, I won’t get angry.

 

Tong Man: (he slowly turns to look at her, then looks away.) If you know who I really am, will you still be able to love me like this?

 

Dai Zang: (smiles) regardless of whether you’re a monster, demon, or a deity it’ll always be the same. I like you as Tong Man, so as long as you’re still Tong Man nothing will change.

 

Tong Man: (he looks at her sadly and then looks way from her again) I’m actually from a Sect. It’s not any kind of sect, it’s an Evil Sect.

 

Dai Zang: (smiles like she’s about to laugh) I know that.

 

Tong Man: (turns to look at her in a very surprised manner) You know? How did you know?

 

Dai Zang: (begins laughing) If you aren’t from an evil sect then why were you ordered to kidnap me? And why would that mysterious man come to attack us in the middle of the night in the woods? Also, why would your First Teacher come to you so angrily and even try to kill you? If you were in a good sect, then your First Teacher would have told you to not kidnap me because it’s not a good thing to do.

 

Tong Man: (he looks a bit confused.) I… I also killed many people in the past.

 

Dai Zang: Of course! You work for a bad sect. Cheng Hu Yi used to tell me that if someone work for a bad sect, then that person would probably already started killing people from birth.

 

Tong Man: (still confused) You… Well, the petals that flew in earlier and the ones that we saw in the sky in the past are all warnings for an attack. I’m afraid that my First Teacher is still after me. She will never let me off so easily.

 

Dai Zang: Jiang Tong Man, can you tell me something that I don’t know?

 

(Tong Man looks at her with a VERY VERY confused expression.)

 

Tong Man: How come you know everything?!

 

Dai Zang: (smiles happily) I already figured all these out the moment I woke up from my sleep and I saw your First Teacher standing in the doorway. I may not be involved in all of these things like you, but I’m quite intelligent don’t you think?

 

Tong Man: (sighs hopelessly.) I’m being serious now though; don’t joke with life and death. You may take the chance to play with these two concepts, but it won’t let you have a chance.

 

Dai Zang: (rolls her eyes playfully) Fine, fine!

 

Tong Man: what do you think we should do then? We can’t continue to run our whole lives.

 

Dai Zang: We did it once, why is it not possible to do it again?

 

Tong Man: Don’t you feel that it’s too risky? Plus, our kids are still young. They don’t know anything.

 

(There’s a long silence then Dai Zang finally speaks.)

 

Dai Zang: Ah! Auntie Yi was telling me that there’s a Martial Arts school not too far from here. She said that it was where her husband used to learn from. Why don’t we send Ming Er there for the time being?

 

Tong Man: Then what about Hua Lei?

 

Dai Zang: The school only accepts males; she can stay with us and you can teach her, hm?

 

Tong Man: I teach her?

 

Dai Zang: Yeah! She has a pretty sharp tongue, if you can teach her Martial Arts too, then she’ll probably change her name into The Daunting Missy of the Jiangs. (Dai Zang begins laughing and Tong Man even smiles.)

 

Tong Man: Alright then, if anything goes wrong I’ll blame it on their beloved mother. (Tong Man thumps Dai Zang’s forehead and she once again rests her head on his shoulder.)

 

(A couple days have gone by with no show of Mu Xiang or Mu Xun. Tong Man is sending Guang Ming to the Martial Arts School. The trip there will take 2 full days; so it’ll take 4 days to get there and return home. As Guang Ming and Tong Man are walking there, Hua Lei’s little voice is heard calling for them.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge! Ming Ge Ge!!! Ming Ge Ge wait for me!

 

(Guang Ming and Tong Man both turn around to look. Hua Lei is running and waving her hand in the air for them to wait for her. When she approaches him she looks like she’s about to cry. She stops in front of Guang Ming and the pair of siblings just stare at each other.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge, I want to go with you too.

 

Guang Ming: Mei (as in sister), it’s only for men like Father and I.

 

Hua Lei: No, I want to go with you! If Ming Ge Ge is not here anymore then there’s no one to protect and help me.

 

Tong Man: (he kneels down in front of Hua Lei.) Hua Lei, Ge Ge is going to school. He’s learning how to be a better brother for you.

 

Hua Lei: But he’s already good the way he is. I don’t him to go!

 

Tong Man: How about this, Ming Er’s duty is to go to school, become a better brother, and then he’ll come back home to take care of you. Your duty is to stay home and help your mother. You must become a good girl or else no one would want to marry you later on.

 

Hua Lei: I don’t care if no one wants to marry me! I want to be with Ming Ge Ge forever!

 

Guang Ming: Listen to father’s words okay? I know that it won’t make sense to you now because even I don’t quite understand it. But I believe that once we both grow up, we’ll finally understand why this happened; and when that time comes, we probably won’t regret it.

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge, I’m going to miss you. Please don’t go.

 

Guang Ming: No, I have to go. This is Mother and father’s wish; I don’t want to go against them.

 

(A tear drops from Hua Lei’s eyes, rolling down her cheek. Guang Ming reaches over and wipes it away.)

 

Guang Ming: Hua Lei, stay home and listen to mother and father. When they scold you, it’s not because they hate you; it’s because they love you and only want the best for your future. Don’t try and bicker too much with our father, also try to avoid throwing tempers with mother. Do as they say and be a good daughter. Once I complete my studies and return home, I’ll take our family to travel the world together. Okay?

 

Hua Lei: (she nods while sobbing quietly.) Okay.

 

Guang Ming: Okay then, go back home. Mother’s probably looking for you by now.

 

(Hua Lei quickly hugs Guang Ming, then she begins walking home. Guang Ming and Tong Man watch Hua Lei walk away, then they both also continue going to the school. In a couple of seconds, Hua Lei’s voice is heard again.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge!

 

(Guang Ming turns around again; Hua Lei is standing there smiling at him. She then throws a really beautiful red apple to him as a snack to eat along the way. As the apple flies in the air a big hand comes up to catch the apple; it is now the grown up Guang Ming [Ahhhh !!! Hu Ge is finally in now!!]. He is wearing a navy blue uniform and his hair is tied into a little ponytail. He tosses the apple into the air once, smiles at it, and begins walking through the hallways of Zhi Guang Martial School. Guang Ming takes a bite into the apple and a young man’s arm, Tian Tie Lang, is swung right around his neck. There are also 2 or 3 more young men who are walking with Guang Ming.)

 

Guang Ming: Good throw.

 

Tie Lang: Of course! I, Tian Tie Lang, is good at everything I do! Girls around here are crazy for me!

 

Guang Ming: (in a sarcastic voice) Oh, is that so?

 

(Guang Ming takes another bite into the apple.)

 

Ping He: (one of the young men that is walking with Guang Ming.) No way! All the girls are crazy for Ming Er! They just want to befriend you because you’re friends with him.

 

Tie Lang: Ey, don’t talk so loud. All the classmates are going to hear you.

 

Ping He: you know it’s true, stop trying to be so cool.

 

(Ping He and Tie Lang both stop walking and they just stare each other in the eye.)

 

Tie Lang: You- ! You dare embarrass me in front of all these classmates?

 

Ping He: Of course I dare too! If I didn’t then I wouldn’t be talking so loud!

 

(Guang Ming and Shao Gao Lie both also stop walking and turns around to look at the two fighting.)

 

Tie Lang: You… Ahh! (Tie Lang grabs Ping He’s neck and they begin to wrestle around a little.)

 

Ping He: Let go of me you beast!

 

Tie Lang: Keep screaming! I’m going to locate your lungs and pull them out!

 

Gao Lie: (another one of Guang Ming’s friend.) Tie Lang ah, if you pull out his lungs that’ll be killing him. You mean to pull out his jaw?

 

Tie Lang: Yes! I’m going to pull out his jaw if he keeps spilling my secrets to the all our classmates!

 

Ping He: You bully! If I ever die, I’m going to come and haunt you every night! You won’t ever have a peaceful sleep! And when you get married, I’ll come and your wife as a ghost!

 

(Guang Ming laughs and throws the apple at Tie Lang’s head. Tie Lang turns quickly to look at Guang Ming.)

 

Tie Lang: Guang Ming Er! How dare you throw your apple at me!

 

Guang Ming: Tian Tie Lang, stop causing a ruckus. It’s okay if Ping He yells your secret to world. Although all the students are out here, no one is listening to your conversation. It’s break time so everyone has their own things to do like play football, go meet with their girlfriends, eat lunch, sleep, or maybe even study for the next exam.

 

Ping He: (Ping He is in a headlock position) Talking about girlfriends, what happened to your girlfriend Guang Ming?

 

(Guang Ming looks at Ping He very wide-eyed. Kind of like this O.O)

 

Guang Ming: She’s to not be discussed!

 

Tie Lang: (He’s still holding Ping He in the headlock position too.) Oh right, Ming Er did have a girlfriend. What was her name… (Tie Lang and Ping He both begin to think very hard.)

 

Gao Lie: Yu Tan Tan!

 

Ping He: Ohhhh!! Tan Tan! That cute girl that used to bring Ming Er lunch everyday!

 

Tie Lang: Tan Tan! Yu Tan Tan!

 

(Guang Ming crosses in arms and begins to walk away. Ping He and Tie Lang both run in front of Guang Ming, preventing him from escaping. Gao Lie stands in the back, slowly following them and smiling like a fool.)

 

Tie Lang: What happened to her? Why did she just disappear all of a sudden?

 

Ping He: Did she break up with you?

 

Tie Lang: Ming Er, I always tell you that you must treat a girl with more care and be nicer and sweeter to her at all times. You didn’t take my advice did you?

 

Ping He: Ohhhhh… See! That’s what you get for not listening to Tie Lang’s words! Relationships result in a break ups. It’s all your fault.

 

(Guang Ming sighs and rolls his eyes in a playful way.)

 

Tie Lang: (crying in the fakest way ever) Guan Ping He… I miss her dishes so much! She made the most delicious food I have ever tasted, and she has the sweetest fragrance I have ever smelled.  How can Ming Er let such a precious jewel go like that? Ahhhhh!

 

Pin He: (also in the fakest cry ever) Yeah, I’m more stupid than Ming Er, but even I know that Yu Tan Tan shouldn’t be thrown into darkness and become so lonely like that.

 

(Tie Lang dramatically cries on Ping He’s shoulder and they cry together.)

 

Guang Ming: Hey, you guys can’t be that serious right?

 

Ping He: Of course we’re serious! If we aren’t then we won’t cry this much! (Ping He goes back to crying.)

 

(Gao Lie laughs softly then walks over next to Guang Ming.)

 

Gao Lie: Alright, alright. Let me tell you all the truth.

 

Gao Lie: That Yu Tan Tan, how can she bear to break up with our unbeatable Ming Er? Guang Ming is handsome, gentle, respectful, fun, caring, and loving; if she even had a thought of breaking up with him then it’ll just be her bad fate. Therefore, of course it had to be Ming Er that broke up with her first. She’s quite lucky to have been with a guy like Ming Er; at least he broke was the one to break up with her. If it was someone else, guess how embarrassing that could have been.

 

Ping He: (in a satisfied manner) Ohhh…

 

Tie Lang: Hey! Shao Gao Lie you bastard! How did you know this?!

 

Ping He: Oh! I know why Gao Lie knows! (Ping He points a finger to Guang Ming) It’s you!

 

Guang Ming: (surprised) Me? What about me?

 

Ping He: Tian Tie Lang! Shao Gao Lie and Guang Ming were hiding it from us!

 

Tie Lang: I knew it! I knew it! They don’t think of us as REAL friends. (Ping He nods)(Tie Lang says in a commanding voice) Guan Ping He!

 

Ping He: I’m here!

 

Tie Lang: Come on! Let’s go grab some lunch and forget these two! Seems like we’re not friends with them afterall!

 

Ping He: Well said! (Tie Lang and Ping He walks away together.)

 

(Gao Lie laughs and turns to look at Guang Ming who is faintly smiling. Gao Lie walks over to Guang Ming and puts his hand on Guang Ming’s shoulder.)

 

Gao Lie: Classmate Guang Ming, what really did happen between you and Miss Yu? She used to be here every day around this time, for two weeks now she hasn’t appeared once.

 

(Sighs and pushes Gao Lie’s hand off softly. Guang Ming begins to walk away while speaking.)

 

Guang Ming: It’s not much different from the four others.

 

Gao Lie: Not much different? (Gao Lie begins to follow after Guang Ming) What do you mean by the four others?

 

(Guang Ming stops walking and sits down on a wooden railing.)

 

Guang Ming: Remember Hu Fu Duan? (Gao Lie nods) She got married with her past lover. Guo Ting Ru, she got forced to marry a magistrate’s son so she committed suicide. Li Kun Yan went on a trip to Chang An, and died on the way due to an ambush by bandits. Yu Tan Tan… (Guang Ming becomes silent and hesitant.) Yu Tan Tan married her uncle for his treasures and riches.

 

(There is a silence as Gao Lie stares at Guang Ming blankly. Guang Ming’s facial expression displays some sort of frustration..)

 

Gao Lie: Ming Er… I-

 

Guang Ming: (interrupts Gao Lie) But forget it. Let bygones be bygones; what’s the point of holding on when nothing can be held on to.

 

Gao Lie: (speaks hesitantly) What about the letter? What did you do with it?

 

Guang Ming: (in a kind of joyous tone) I just threw it away! It flew out the window when a gust of wind came by.

 

Gao Lie: (sighs and sits down next to Guang Ming.) Then that doesn’t really mean you threw it away.

 

Guang Ming: Oh well, it flew away so I’;; just take it as I threw it away.

 

Gao Lie: Teacher Li Su often says to us, “a new day means a new beginning; if you can’t forget problems of yesterday, then you have never really woken up.” Hu Fu Duan, Guo Ting Ru, Li Kun Yuan, and Yu Tan Tan are all people from the past. If you linger on them and your destined partner arrives, how will you ever notice it was heaven’s will?

 

Guang Ming: Aiya, Shao Gao Lie ah. I’m sure that all the students here at Zhi Guang has those words memorized already. We hear it every day don’t we?

 

(Gao Lie laughs and Guang Ming smiles.)

 

Student 1: Classmate Guang Ming!

 

(Guang Ming and Gao Lie both turn around to look. Student 1 is standing in the yard of the school which means that Guang Ming and Gao Lie’s backs are turned to him.)

 

Student 1: Principal Wu says that there are people waiting for you!

 

Gao Lie: (in a questioning voice.) There are people waiting for you. Who?

 

(Guang Ming looks at Gao Lie and smiles.)

 

Guang Ming: Relax; I can guarantee you that no matter who it is, it can’t be Hu Fu Duan, Guo Ting Ru, Li Kun Yan, or Yu Tan Tan.

(He gives one last smile to Gao Lie and jumps over the railing into the yard. He follows Student 1 as they both walk off.)

 

*A/N: Hey guys ! Thanks for SUBSCRIBING and READING my story ! I was afraid that no one was going to read it xD Please leave comments below about you guys personally feel about this so far :) Sorry if there has been any kind of confusion already, if you h ave anyquestions then feel free to ask :) Also, here's a little background for the friends of Guang Ming :)

Shao Gao Lie: age 19; he comes from a poor background and he doesn't really wants whats best, he just wants everyone to be happy.

Guan Ping He: age 18; he comes from a middle class family and he''s a follower of Tie Lang. He's life's desire is quite an irony though, he wants to be exactly like Guang Ming.

Tian Tie Lang: age 19; super duper rich and is quite conceited of himself just because he was rasied that way. But just because he's rich and conceited doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings. Tie Lang is actually a super caring and friendly guy who is actually really down to earth.

Tang Jun: the wife of Wu Dong.

*Just in case anyone is lost about the characters, here's a list of the ones who appeared already.

-Jiang Tong Man

-Yu Dai Zang

-Bai Mu Xun

-Bai Mu Xiang

-Wu Dong

-Tang Jun

-Guang Ming

- (Young Version) Hua Lei

-Shao Gao Lie

-Tian Tie Lang

-Guan Ping He

-Uncle Ding

-Cheng Hu Yi

-Li Jie Wei

 

Characters that will appear in next episode hopefully:

-Tao Hua

- (Grown Version) Hua Lei

-Chen Xiang

-Wu Ding

-Cheng Yu

-Wu Xu Yi

-Teacher Li Su

-Principal Wu

-Zha Hu