five-star hotel

3.6.5. | a collection
 
 
 
 
Clad in a culinary uniform, Kyungsoo was strolling casually along the hallway, as if no pandemonium would ever occur inside this five-star hotel later on.
 
For almost a year of extensive planning, execution day had finally come. Normally, he’d be part of the background work but this wasn’t an ordinary annihilation. They couldn’t risk a familiar face to be a fake witness.
 
His one hand reached for the door knob. He went inside with no expectations; things were already done for sure.
 
He opened the lights, dropped the tray and dramatically stumbled backwards, making sure his shocked face was captured by the security camera. Pressing the emergency button near the door, in his mind, this was all too funny.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Soon enough, he was in an interrogation room of the nearest police station.
 
“Mr. Do Kyungsoo? I’m Superintendent Kim Youngwoon and this is Detective Jung Soojung. You were the first to witness the crime scene, could you please tell us what you saw.”
 
He purposely gulped to make it more realistic. “I saw Chef Lee on the ground, bleeding and unconscious. He was holding a knife and overall, the kitchen was a mess. I panicked and called for help immediately.”
 
“I-”
 
“Where are the other chefs?” It was the pretty detective who interjected.
 
“That kitchen wasn’t the main one. It’s relatively small and located on a different floor. I heard Chef Lee wants to stay there alone if he’s creating new recipes.”
 
Kyungsoo had learned the art of overlapping truths and lies and so it went on without him feeling anxious (even with a very attractive lady around).
 
“That’s all for now. Thanks for your cooperation.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
He hailed a cab instead of using his car, still slightly immersed in his pseudo character. Things turned out as planned, his role was done yet he wasn’t sullen for his short involvement in this mission because truthfully, watching in the background had always been more entertaining.
 
His phone rang and couldn’t help but smirk when he saw the caller’s name.
 
“Fabulous acting skills! I bet they don’t suspect you.”
 
Kyungsoo laughed, this was all too funny. “I had a great mentor. Is that what you want to hear, Soojung?”
 
 
 
 

A/N: just something for the princess' day :D
i really like stories involving action/mystery/spy stuffs, any fic recommendations?