One

Enough for Us

Kyuhyun POV

 

It was during one cold Sunday of December when

Ryeowook said that magic answer to my magic question.

 

** Ryeowook is my bestfriend since I was nine. We were schoolmates back then and we get along really well.

 

Now that we are already at our mid-tw00enties, we still consider each other as best of friends - or maybe much more than that.

 

Ryeowook is a Catholic. Everyone in the campus knows that, and for them it is a bit weird for Koreans to be Catholic because most of us are Christians - either Born Again or Seventh Day Adventist.

 

One Wednesday afternoon, he asked me if I wanted to accompany him to the church. He said it's a yearly pilgrimage at a Shrine located at the heart of Jeju. I couldn't say no.

 

So here we are today listening to the sermon of the priest. Ryeowook is too focused in listening while I'm focused at him. I've got a plan-- a plan that might make or break my day.

 

After 2 hours.

 

"Where do you want to eat?" Ryeowook asked.

 

"Anywhere. With you." I grinned as I saw how silly his reaction is.

 

We saw a fancy restaurant near the Shrine and ordered our food there.

 

After eating, we decided to stroll around.

 

"Hon.." I called.

 

Ryeowook, who is walking ahead, looked back at me.

 

"Why?" He answered. I smiled at that!

 

"I called you 'hon' and you looked back. Are you fine with me calling you that?"

 

I saw him blush. Perfect.

 

"Go out with me." I stared at him.

 

"We're out already, aren't we?" He said.

 

"What I mean is... Let's date. Let's be official. I call you mine, and you call me yours. How's that sound?" I nervously asked.

 

He turned his back and continued walking.

 

"...Actually," I heard him start talking so I walked fast to catch up.

 

He then continued..

 

"...I always dreamt of this."

 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

 

"This-- Having someone confessing to me at a sacred and romantic place. I said that whenever someone confessed to me, as long as it's on a place like this, my answer would always be positive." He stopped walking and looked at me.

 

"So... it's a yes?" I asked fully nervous, threefourths excited, half dying.

 

"Always a shimmering yes.... especially if it's you." He smiled at me as he stretched out his hands.

 

"So.. wanna have our first official intimate hug?" He giggled.

 

"My answer is positive!" I yelled.

 

We hug real tight, our hearts pumping those famous fast beats.

 

We called it love.

 

** 5 years later (at Rome)

 

We decided to visit this place because it's Ryeowook's parents' dream.

 

It's our fifth day on the said place and we planned on having ten days of wonderful memories here. Its sacredness makes it magical - far from reality.

 

Ever since Ryeowook and I became official couple, I became closer to God. Ryeowook always reminds me that a relationship that has God on its center would always work out fine. And it's definitely true. We have been on unwanted situations like fighting, nagging, and so on. But as we pray, those hatreds and misundrstandings would be washed away

 

We were visiting different places now, and we're heading to the last itinerary for the day -- the magic wishing well.

 

People who go there would make a simple prayer and would throw a piece of paper with their wishes on it.

 

As we set foot on the location, I immediately took the paper on my pocket. I say a little prayer, then I threw the paper on the well.

 

Written on it was:

 

"Ryeowook...

 

The love we have today -at this very moment- is enough for me

to stay by your side forever -to protect you no matter what...

to accompany you nomatter where and when....

to love you endlessly.

Forever..

 

even in the next life.

 

--Kyuhyun"

 

 

I turned my head and I saw Ryeowook staring at me.

 

"What's the matter, gorgeous?" I asked. He looks serious though.

 

"I want to thank you for coming with me to this place. I love you."

 

"I love you just as much. Marry me please..." I blurted out. It wasnt a plan. It just came out from my mouth.

 

I saw tears forming on his eyes.. "A splendid yes...." he cried out.

 

"Repeat that.... please.." I demanded.

 

"Always positive. Never a no." He said, tears finally leaving his precious eyes.

 

I run to hug him.

 

"This..... is unbelievable." I whispered.

 

"Great timing hon... This is what people say 'right time, right place and definitely with the right person " I heard him mumble these words.

 

I couldnt help but cry.

 

Really.... my love for you today is more than enough to tell the world that you are mine.

Forever and always.

 

-FIN-

 


So...................... tell me what you think. :) Comments! ^^ I wrote something just to kill the boredom I m feeling right now.