Never too late.

Never too late. (JongKey Couple)

KEY POV:

He was my roommate, my confidant, my brother and my bestfriend.

In the 3 years since I met you, I have never once kept a secret from you, but right now I have another secret ..This one I can't tell you because I know that it will ruin the perfect relationship that we've put so much effort into building.

Jonghyun wasn't the smartest, definitely not the tallest. He wasn't perfect ...but I loved him, so much that it hurts. I am the Almighty Key ..but around him I felt so worthless. I kept my chin up though, I don't want my bestfriend to worry right?


Like any other day, I was alone again, the "2Min couple" as the fans call it, was out doing "stuff" again, Onew was getting ready for his musical ..and you.. you were out dating girls again. You said that if you didn't date soon, You'd be called a loser. I really don't see that as a valid reason. But, That was your choice.

Well, I didn't really have anything to do. But besides being 'Almighty Key' I was 'Umma' too. So, I was off to finish all the chores, Minutes passed and I was I finished doing the work, and I felt loneliness once again, I missed you, wondering what the girl you're dating looks like.

I went to your room to get your jacket, so that I could atleast have a little piece of you. Your jacket smelled of peppermint. I embraced it tight, then suddenly something fell out of your pocket. I didn't even notice but tears fell down my eyes ..as I saw a picture of you holding a girl in your arms.

This was written at the back ..

"Yanna Noona! I missed you so much! Saranghaeyo~"

You wore that smile, not "that" smile that you wore when we were being interviewed, we know they bore you to death. It was "that" smile you would wear when we're performing, when we're infront of our loving fans. You wore that smile only when you're truly and sincerely happy.


I clentched my hands into fists, I felt anger build-up inside me. Not towards you ..but towards myself. I felt so stupid! But, I knew I had to be stupid for you. I almost just gave up ..but I was ready to keep on fighting for you ..for your smile.

Maybe someday, I'll be able to hold your hand tightly and never let go or be the reason you smile like that, but until that day comes ... I'll be watching from afar and I'll just imagine that that's me you hold in your arms.


I punched the walls, I felt pain but I knew the pain I felt in my heart was much greater than what I felt in my hands. Suddenly I heard a scream, a familliar voice, Somebody grabbed my shoulder and hugged me. My eyes were blurred and still full of tears, I smelled peppermint and felth warmth ..It was you ..crying.

"Ya! Kim Ki Bum. Stop! You're hurting yourself, Please tell me what happened!? Why are you crying!?" I felt guilt for the reason you're crying is because I fell in love with you. I turned away and kept silent. You wiped your tears and stood up. I thought for sure you were going to slam the door and just leave me. But you didn't, You took something from the drawer, I wasn't sure what it was though. You're voice was still shaking.

"Give me your hand"

I was confuzed. I replied with an angry tone on my voice.

"Waeyo!?" You kept calm and took hold of my hand.

"Just give it to me and clentch your other hand."

"Why will I cletch - Ahh."

"That's why." You poured alcohol in my wounded hand. My hand was bleeding and it hurt, but I didn't care, I felt pain, but all the time I felt happiness as your hand and mine were intertwined. You wrapped my hand with your vest.

"I'll just go get a towel." I grabbed your hand and stopped you.

"You're vest's fine." You sat down infront of me. I somehow saw that you were pissed that I stopped you. You're voice wasn't loud, it was soft and considerate.

"You haven't answered my question yet."

"You don't need to know!"

"I'm worried about you!" Your voice loudened..

"It's none of you business!"

"I don't care just tell me!"

"Yeah - That's right, you don't care! You're out there dating girls.. Why don't you just go have fun with them and leave me alone!?"

"Ya! Kim Ki Bum! Why are you like this!? Just tell me so I'd know what to do!" I coudn't control my tears, I couldn't take the pain anymore. My feelings bursted. I lost my balance and fell to the floor.

"You really wanna know!? I'm angry at you because you're out there dating girls! -- Didn't you even think that maybe the person who loved you the most was just right in front of you!? ...I love you god damn it! ... I couldn't tell you because I knew you were going to hate me!"

"Don't ever say that again." You're voice was loud, I knew you were angry, Angry -- because I loved you.

"Don't ever say that again." You're voice softened. You were shaking ..You were crying. You knelt and grabbed my hand.

"Don't ever say that again .. I can never bring myself to hate you. -- Kim Ki Bum .. Is it too late for me ..to love you?" I looked at your crying face and kept on crying even more ..but this time it was tears of joy, I knew that no words could ever describe what I was feeling right now.

"Babo, Babo, Babo, Babo.." I repeated as I hit your chest.


You grabbed my face, gently. You wiped my tears as you stared into my eyes. As my eyes closed to release my final teardrop ..You kissed me. Everything in my mind went blank. I felt your soft lips, the moment was just .."Perfect".

You released my lips and smiled. I smiled back but not for long as I remebered the picture.

"What about your girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?"

"You know ..in the picture?"

"The picture? .. You mean in my jacket?"

"Ye."

You stood up and grabbed my hand. You took me to your room. You took your jacket and made me sit down in your bed.

"This?" You're eyebrows were uneven as you showed me the picture.

"Do you know who she is? -- She's my cousin. She lives in the Philippines, She gave me a suprise visit about a week ago. I haven't seen her in 4 years!"

I was silent. I felt kind of stupid for not just asking him.

"Don't tell me this was the reason you cried?"

"Okay ..I won't." You laughed and sat beside me. You smiled rather a fascinated smile.

"You must really love me for crying over a picture."

"Tch." I rolled my eyes to look away, It was the truth -- I really must have loved him for crying over such a thing.


You smiled and looked down.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For being blind." I kept silent to listen to what he wanted to say. "I didn't even see that the reason I even started to date girls was because I wanted to be happy.. to feel love. I was blind enough not to see that the only person I was looking for, the one who's going to make me the happiest man alive ..was you."


You leaned in closer to me, put your right hand behind my neck and said "You love me right?" Slowly, You pushed my head closer to your face and the next thing I knew ..We were kissing again. My silence proved to him that THAT was more than true.


"Saranghae." I saw content in his face, I hugged him tightly and knew ..he was unpredictable, stupid, funny and romantic ...And I was completely in love with him.

 

 

 

 

END.

 

 

 

 



Annyeong! :D

Well, this is my first ever fanfic! I want to dedicate it to JongKey and SHINee, haha.

I'm a super big fan! Well, I guess you noticed that already! SHINee Daebak! ~ <3 Anyway ..

I actually made this fanfic for one of my bestfriends, her name is Yanna. She's the one who even told me to make an account here! :D Account: WonderShobe (She's an awesome fanfic-er too! @-))

Well, I hope you support me! I'll try my best to write a good fanfic for all of you guys! :))

Please do leave comments, I'd love you forever! >:D< (Again, this is my first fanfic, so please take it easy on me.) ^^

Okay, Kamsahamnida Everyone~ Enjoy! :>