Heart vs. Ship

Reality vs. Canon
Word Count: 337
 
 
“Tao…” Luhan’s voice is hesitant, and before he can even continue Tao muffles something into his shirt. It’s not audible - no, not audible enough with all the screaming around. The older feels the surface of his plain shirt getting wet and with a hot breath following, he realizes that Tao, this precious maknae panda, is crying in public.
 
Luhan tries to say something again, only to hear the same muffling sound, but this time he can actually hear it. 
 
“So I guess this means you’ll be with Sehun, right?”
 
Luhan’s gaze travels downward, still trying his best to maintain a small lipped smile for the still flashing cameras. He guesses this will probably end up on all their fansites, discussing how cute the scene in front all of them is and how he’s such a nice hyung/gege to their lovely Tao. But in reality, he’s being the opposite; being the complete opposite of a caring “brother”.
 
He’s the reason Tao’s crying. The reason why the poor 19 year-old’s heart is breaking. 
 
“We’re going back tonight.” Tao whispers, words lingering at Luhan’s neck.
 
“You have Kris.” Luhan’s voice is cold and he doesn’t mean for it to be, but this is what it came down to. Luhan had Sehun - he always had Sehun - and Tao had Kris. The situation they were in right now was too obvious of their secret and for God’s sake, Kris himself was right behind them. 
 
Luhan feels another shuddering sigh and that’s when Tao pries himself off of the shoulder he got so used to leaning on. As he’s pulling away, he nods and murmurs, “But Sehun…” 
 
Tao sniffs in as quietly and as nonchalantly as he can, wiping at his eyes to trick the fans into thinking he’s just jetlagged. However, his next set of words prove that Tao’s really not jetlagged; he’s wide awake with pain burning at his chest, and he ends his confrontation with:
 
“It’s always about Sehun.”
 
Luhan puts his head down in shame.