Chapter One: A New Chapter In Life

Hard to Decide, Easy to Choose (Hiatus)

Bewilderement.

That one word explains everything for my situation right now.

Hi. My name is Kris Wu and my life is about to get out of the normal.

I have been living in a small apartment that I rented right after I've graduated from high school and got the part time job. Before that I've been living with my grandparents who claimed to be my mother's parents. I never saw my parents. Not my mom, not my dad. I never heard of them too. I thought that they have abandoned me but I kept that thought to myself and grew up independently without my parents.

But just a few hours ago, when I got back from the part time work I got in a Chinese restaurant as a cashier, an anonymous man wearing a black long coat came knocking in front of my rented small apartment.

And the next thing I remembered the anonymous man who prefered to be called as Messenger Choi was inside of my living room, sitting himself comfortably while explaining things that seemed ridiculous to me; how my parents were in another world called Exo, my dad was a nobleman who got married with an Earthling which was my mother, they are both in Exo waiting for me, and the King of Exo had personally asked Mr. Choi -I nicknamed him that- to recruit me to join their royal army. He even said that it was better for my own being if I accept the offer because the King had asked Mr. Choi to cut my throat if I refuse.

Pretty much explains the situation I am in right now.

I didn't have any choice but to say yes to save my pathetic .

And right now I have finally finished taping up all the boxes containing my belongings. It was only four boxes to be exact. One for my personal belongings, another one for things like books and photo albums and the other two was for my clothes. There wasn't any furniture in the apartment. Only a carpet, a small coffee table and a two-seated sofa. It's pretty empty since I mostly spend my time at the restaurant and in the town library where you'll found me reading. Hey, I like to read, it's a hobby.

"Whew, finally," I swept the sweats that has formed on my neck and forehead.

"Are you done?" Mr. Choi who had finally took off the hood of his coat and stood in the middle of the apartment. I nodded to him in an annoyed manner.

Remind me again why I didn't refuse his offer and kick him out of my house? Oh yeah, because he'll kill me if did.

"Good," he replied with a little hint of annoyance too. As I placed a box on top of another one, Mr. Choi was closing his eyes, concentrating on chanting a mantra in a whisper while a hand was placed in front of him, revealing his palm to the empty space in front of him.

I looked up at him, staring weirdly until a sudden burst of light appeared right in front of him. Thankfully I was behind Mr. Choi and was not too near to that mysterious light.

After I was able to adjust my eyes to the brightness, I found that the light was not an ordinary light. Although this light suddenly appeared right in front of my eyes, according to Mr. Choi it was a portal to Exo, the world he said where I truly belong.

Mr. Choi stepped into the portal and in a blink of an eye, he was gone. Gone into the other side of the swriling white light.

I gulped. Uncomfortable thoughts intruding my mind.

What if I got lost when I entered Exo? What if this was just a dream and when I wake up it's already 10 o'clock and I'd be late for work?

Just then, Mr. Choi's head popped out, scaring the hell out of me.

"Are you coming or not?" his body finally showed up and he helped with carrying two boxes and went into the portal again. I quickly took out a pen and a piece of paper and wrote a note to the owner of the apartment, saying my gratitude and faked a reason why I left before placing a some cash for this month's rent payment. After placing the note and money on the coffee table, I carried the two boxes and prepared myself before entering.

"Alright, Kris. You can do it. Maybe this is your fate, your true calling. Oh my God, I can't believe myself for doing this..."

I was mumbling to myself when Mr. Choi appeared again. "Are you coming or not?! The cart is ready for you!"


Mr. Choi and I was in a horse-cart that the royalties would use in movies or in TV programmes. The boxes were placed behind of the cart, safely tucked into somekind of large basket that was attached to the cart. We were on our way towards the palace. I was informed by Mr. Choi that if it's day time in Earth, it would be night time in Exo. He also said that I may be looking at the sky but it's not the same sky as in Earth.

Quite confusing, don't you think?

Mr. Choi was sitting on the other side of my seat, facing me as he busily explaining about the history of Exo.

I sat near the door which had little windows on it, enabling me to see outside. The roads were made of rocks and dirt. I was given a chance to see the streets of the town and found that it was pretty busy with passerbys and citizens of Exo Kingdom.

"...and Exo is famous for their leaders from the royal family, the Kwons..."

Mr. Choi really enjoyed himself explaining but I let him in his little own world, didn't care a thing of what he wasy saying and continued looking outside.

"...meanwhile Warriors, which you will be your title soon, are soldiers who serves the King and the King only..."

Warriors, huh? Is that what the King wanted me to join? The Warriors? Sound like something that came out of a movie..

"...You'll be staying in the palace ground, in the Warriors' Quarters.. Kris Wu, are you listening?"

"Oh? Oh yes. Of course, I'm a Warrior right?"

"Yes, indeed. Anyway, I think there will be a dinner event for the newly recruited Warriors,"

"Wait, there are others?" I asked. I thought I was the only one...

"Of course there are. But you're one of a kind, Kris Wu. The King has never send anyone to personally recruit someone to be a Warrior. I'm curious of what the King has planned for you.." Mr. Choi suddenly lost into his own thoughts and left me to think to myself too.


About 30 minutes later, we finally passed the guards at the main gate and now the cart has stopped in front of a large staircase that I think leds into the palace building.

The palace ground was laid enormously wide with the huge creamy-white colored beautiful castle in the middle. The ground, made of bricks were also in cream color but in a darker shade.

We got off of the cart, a strong wind greeted me and made my blonde dyed hair moved along to the movement of the wind. With the black duffle bag that I've been carrying with me without anyone noticed, I walked to the back of the cart when a few maids came to us and immediately took my boxes with them.

Before I could stop them, someone held my shoulder, "Don't worry. They'll take those into your dorm but right now I have to report you to the General," Mr. Choi said as he walked in front of me and towards the staircase with me following behind him.

"Who's the General?" I asked as I easily caught up with him and into the castle building, thanks to my long legs. It turns out that as soon as we entered the double door made of mahogany, we were again outside and was greeted by another building. It was like a huge entrance door after the main gate.

"Looks like someone didn't really paid attention," he sneered at me but I managed to control my eyes from rolling. "The General... well, you'll see her pretty soon,"

"Her? The General is a girl? Daebak," I laughed unbelievingly at the fact that the General of Exo is a female. She must be really trained to be chosen as a female General.

"Yes. A female General. The first one in Exo's history,"

"What?!"

"I've told you in the journey here but you wasn't listening. You've only put my efforts of introducing you to Exo into the drain," Mr. Choi's mood suddenly changed and he quickly paced into the building in front of us; the real castle.

"Sheesh, what a sulky messenger..." I mumbled to myself and followed him inside.

"Hey, I heard that!"

Whoops, sorry Mr. Choi.

Well then. I guess there is another dimension like in movies. And I'm in it too. I'm going to be Exo's Warrior who was personally picked by the King himself. I wonder where's my parents. Will I get to see them? Who is this first female General anyway?

Argh, whatever. I'll just stop overthinking now. I guess... this is the beginning of my life. A new chapter. A brand new start.

Kris Wu, fighting!

 


 

 

Finally, the first chapter! I kind of lost the idea at the end... So what do you guys think? Please comment and subscribe and vote! XD

What do you think about the next chapter? What would happen? (I'm thinking of a double update...)

Sorry if I've made grammar or spelling mistakes!!!!