Phenomenon/Catalyst

Beneath the Constellation's Smile

 

Clouds of July first are still in pitch black like his heart that has been shattered all along these years. Soon enough, it will precipitate, just like his feelings if the barriers around his heart will surrender to its heavy flow. Sooner or later, he will but he is still holding on to this ground— unable to let go. Time never comes to him lately and fetches him home, he thinks.

 

//

 

“Soon enough, you’ll be a big phenomenon that will capture millions of girls,” a girl in a silhouette said, watching the movements of the other creature’s breathing as she tightened her grip, never lets go of the hug.

“’Big phenomenon?’ I thought you said that I’ll be the greatest catalyst of the world,” he teases, playfully her long brunette hair that he finds more captivating under the moonlight, which is now shines brighter like a big diamond that blinding him beautifully and can now see the crypts of her smile, releasing the silhouette into darkness ahead.

“You are the greatest catalyst of my world, never associate me to your girls who will soon acknowledge you as a big phenomenon,” she said, now staring to his admirable pale face under the moonlight.

He crypts a ghost smile as he stares at her back. For him, this is the only thing that matters. He loves music and acknowledges it as his life but then catching her with all his might as she slowly falling down into his world is his best accomplishment. He reminisced one time when he said to her that he already captured his life long’s happiness— which is her. She punched his chest lightly after that and ruffles his golden hair while whispering— “word jerk.” As his face became serious, so did her. She cleared and kissed his nose whispering “I know” in a beautiful and sincere manner. He her hair one last time and kisses her forehead. She closes her eyes— savoring the moment. As she opens it, without a nanosecond, she smiles gently with all of the love on her eyes to him, as he is to her. She then glances at the stars— sooner you’ll be like that, smiling down at the earth’s surface without noticing that I’m always watching you, the one girl that believes that Lee Donghae is her greatest catalyst, the one girl that loves him the most.

 

//

 

“What?” he stares blankly at the short figure lady with skinny features, strawberry blonde hair and a crescent-like eyes with an eyeglasses in front of him— his manager, Ms. Kim Taeyeon.

“Yes Hae boy, you heard me. Mark my words, this will do well for you after what had happened... to the news circulation this past week,” she her hair to the side and pats his shoulder, “And oh! Minho and Kyuhyun don’t forget to drop by to that music charity that I’m referring to. Play a descent song there, make the kids be happy and attentive, Mr. T. will accompany you, okay?” she eyed the two fellows behind Donghae as they smile innocently. “I mean it; this is to clear everything up,”

“Is this really can solve what is on the ‘black hole incident’, short stuff?” Donghae yawns as he sits lazily on the couch.

Taeyeon adjusts her eyeglasses and eyed him furiously. “Wake. Up. I know this is not a great idea, but it will clasp what is on the news circulation for now. With you being lovey-dovey with your girlfriend at the airport and with you two—“pointing her two fingers to the other lads “—being so nice and gives time to attend music charity, it is 30% of probabilities that media will diverge that “black hole incident.” Let’s not take the risk and play it fire-by-fire,” She concluded, eying each one of them. “Understand? Good. Oh, Do me a favor and clean your dorm, this place a disaster.” She smiles brightly and for a second, the three of them sighs loudly— this is the Taeyeon that they all love. She winks and pats each one of them. “I only follow orders, you know” the two lads nod, except for Donghae who just stares blankly towards Taeyeon. She then taps his shoulder three times and makes her way out of the dorm.

Donghae then slouches, massaging his temples. He doesn’t want a scene by fetching his superstar girlfriend— Tiffany Hwang, which was Taeyeon’s idea after the “black hole incident” He doesn’t want to make a space on news on news circulation after that. Suddenly, a hand taps his shoulder, Minho’s, and joins him at the couch. He then eyed Minho and glance to Kyuhyun who resumes browsing the WWW.

Minho clears his throat— breaking the silence. “Give the short stuff a break,” he said, as he slouches too, clasping his both hands, “She’s having a hard time too, you know?”

“Your point?” Donghae sits comfortably on the couch, raising his one eyebrow up.

“Don’t be a dummy; you’re giving her a hard time after that… thing. Don’t be as hard as a stone in front of her. We are all having the hard time; do you think we love to play music to that charity? Well, it is a good deed, but then it’s a juxtaposition of events where you do your thing and we do our thing, dominating the news circulation, when we supposedly do things together— in a talk show under the hot seat. But I admit that it’s a good idea in a bit complicated one  but we should work this thing out, I believe it will work— diverting us for a while, I mean and we can sleep a good night every night for now,” he said as he glances intently the newspaper on their table. Donghae then glance at it and frowns.

 

CONSTELLATION’s Leeteuk quits band— I can’t take any other Donghae thing when it supposedly OUR thing

 

“You know, it’s not your fault that he left,” Kyuhyun said yet remained focused on his “computer job.” Minho nods and sits in a couch comfortably, closing his eyes. Donghae just remain silent and for the first time, he wants to drift away from here and find his lost inner peace.

He remembered it all well— he was a guitarist of a fallen band in high school where no one liked them to play, which he deduced that it is their vocalist’s fault. One time, Leeteuk just walk in one of the club their on and pulled himself a drink. After the song, when no one else is paying attention, he just stepped in there, shaking his hand like a businessman on his investors.

“Nice strung, well made. Yet the others don’t. You know, don’t waste your time here, kiddo. Well I have a band, and I want you to be on it. I heard you’re a great singer, that they don’t use your vocals. Well, their lost, And I love your guitar skills. You’ve got the thing that I’m seeking for for the vocalist position. You’re in, take it or leave it,” he said coolly with a rock star accent that Donghae admires the most. He just nod and in a blink of an eye, Leeteuk pulled him out and take him on his van. There, he met younger Minho and Kyuhyun, just as numb as he is. They all thought that he was a kidnapper or something but then Leeteuk started to discuss things and because of that— it was the start of their journey.

All of the sudden, Kyuhyun joins them on the couch, tapping each one’s shoulders. He just sits there quietly as he stroll his iPod for music to blast on his earphone. For a moment, Donghae is very thankful for the silence because something might burst if they continue to let the topic out.

 

//

 

/ Hello. /

/ Taeyeon? /

/ Yeah. It’s me /

/ Hey /

/Hey /

/ … /

/ Uhm, Teuk, look— /

/ If it’s all about the news, sorry Taeyeon, I can’t make any further discussion towards that. My papers are now on process and I will be out of everyone’s life after that /

/ … / / I know /

/ So? /

/ So what? /

/ Why did you call? /

/ … / / I still love you / 

 


I hope you enjoy reading the snippets or the pilot of the story. Posting the next chapters soon..