Eternal Forest

An Assassin's Nightmare

Ashimagari - Is a spirit that entangles on travelers legs

Kitsune - Is a Fox that morphs into a human

Hakama - Kimono outfit


The moonlight shined on the pathway towards the forest. There laid layers and layers of trees and bushes. The dense fog almost covering up all traces of any people. His breathing was very light and his body was pressed against the base of the tree. his dry lips, Key's eyes fluttered open. The reoccurring nightmares flooding back into his head, knowing that tonight he wouldn't be able to get sleep.

Crickets started to chirp, warning Key that nighttime was setting in. He stood up and dusted his Hakama off, grabbing his katana in the process. It had been a few weeks since his last mission, though he had been counting when his next one would happen, Key was sort of happy that it'd been prolonged. His spirits have been brighter, though his heart had been cold, that had made him shiver.

His foot steps being light and gracefully as he climbed up the steps on the forest wall. Key reached up to grab the top on the stone wall, pulling himself up and perching on the wall. A breathy sigh escaped his lips, tonight he'd keep watch for trespassers. Like his job, he was supposed to keep people out from the lands whether it be by a warning, force, or instant death.

"It's very rude not address your elder, lovely kit..." 

The fox prowled closer, before sitting next to Key. "Ne, I'm truly sorry Key..." The fox looked towards the male, its nose. "Don't call me Key... and transform back...It's awkward to talk to you like this..." 

The fox snickered, before morphing into a young male, around Key's age.  The brunette leaned against the samurai's shoulder, purring slightly. "I'm so sorry Kibum... I'm just used to being a fox, I forgot that you like my human form..."

The two sat there, gazing at the forest before them, listening to the creatures make music. The kitsune broke the silence between them, tenderly touching Key's arm. "What makes you come here again?"

His feline eyes tossed a glance towards the Kitsune, his lips again. "I can't get sleep... T-Taemin... I believe that they're coming...for me..." 

The hidden pain in his voice revealed itself and it made Taemin a bit more concern now that he finally could sense it. Key was getting better and better at hiding it that now the Kitsune would have to ask if something was wrong. That only made Taemin sad, but it got even worse when he heard small whimpers from his friend. 

His arm wrapped around the elder, he voiced a low lullaby to soothe Key's pain. Taemin watched as his best friend fell asleep and moved him to  his lap. He sighed gently, the samurai's hair. Another night of sorrows were washed away, but the younger knew all to well that Key would be on another mission. Something that would awaken his fears.

"Ne, I really wish I could help you..." His lips met Key's cheek, kissing him softly before slowly moving him off his lap. "But get as much sleep..." His body morphed itself back to its fox form, climbing off from the wall. Slowly slipping into the quiet forest.

~악몽~

His eyes fluttered open, glancing to his side. Kibum sat up against the wall, slowly feeling the effects of sleeping there from last night. His body created a dull ache and he barely made another move trying to adjust to what pain he had. In Kibum's mind his actions were very futile, tonight he would have to go to the Shadow's meeting and discuss over the next killing.

Right now, he felt grateful that the Kitsune put him to sleep. Kibum knew that Taemin would refuse to sing in his normal voice, saying that it was useless to him. Although when Kibum first met the fox, he was taken away that the voice was as lovely and as sweet as his appearance. So when Taemin said those words, it only sadden Kibum.

But he made a promise to only sing to Kibum whenever the moment was too hectic.

The male jumped off the wall, staggering slightly as he moved to get started on his way home. Although Kibum lived alone in a peaceful place of the forest, he felt as if something was eating at him. He tried everything, a priest, gypsy, and even a common cleansing. But nothing was to his advantage, it only came back. So since there was nothing to do, he'd just have to live with it.

"Annoying spirits..." He mumbled under his breathe as he felt the leech-like spirits follow him. In a quick second he withdrew his katana, turning and pointing the blade at whatever was behind him. His eyes was closed, but he could feel whatever was watching scared to death. It didn't try to flee, but it did quiver.

"You know I don't take kindly to followers, so what do you want?" As he opened his eyes, though he expected a Ashimagari or something. It was just a boy, or better yet a man. He didn't exactly look like a peasant or a traveler, he looked more.... rich. "I-I am sorry... It's just... You caught my attention..."

 Kibum lowered his katana down slightly, but just enough so that if this guy did anything, it wouldn't be a problem to take him down. "You know you're stepping in a grave..." Kibum commented, sneering slightly. But what happened next, the samurai wasn't expecting at all. The male pulled him into a hug, that the taller male rejected by elbowing him.

"You know that's stupid!" He hissed, poking him with tip of his weapon. "Get out of my sights!" 

"Not until I know your name..." 

The blonde stare incredulously at the male, he wanted to laugh and yet he wanted to continue to stare in shock. "I told you to get out of my site!" 

But this male refused, he only stared back at Kibum with determination. "Why? hmm? Why should I tell you?" 

"Because... I just want to know..." His voice took a pitiful tone, not as if he were pleading. The blonde sighed and rolled his eyes, putting his katana away. "If you must know...My name is Kim Kibum... Now go away!" With that he turned around and walked away, a little surprised but still with the decision in his mind. Although the fact that someone found him interesting without the intent on hurting him was a good feeling... 

He glanced back slightly, seeing the male that he recently told to go away. Still stand there, but probably dumbfounded, until he turned and walked away, trailing out of sight. 

"He's a strange one know doubt..."