have a good day, MR HAIRDRESSER

posts-it ( a boy's first love)

POSTS-ITS

It was a bright morning, the birds were chirping and the wind was blowing subtly. Grazing against Chanhee’s fluffy hair which was already puffed up. The young man was still drowsy, stumbling out the door and seemed to be searching for something. When his eyes stopped wandering, smiling he picked up a glass bottle filled with pure white milk. His smile slowly got wider as he peeled off a piece of note stuck on the bottle.

It wrote

“annyong! It’s a great morning as the sun lights up the blue sky beautifully today, right?”

“Mr hairdresser, just like the sunflowers. I hope your day would shine brighter”

The sentence was indeed corny but still it brought the blonde lad to a cheeky smile. Chanhee just smiled happily looking at the note, pasted neatly on the bottle. Somehow these notes that came daily gave him a sense of secure and warmth; no he never knew who wrote it. But still the words written seemed decent so he never minded. Still grinning he sipped the pure white milk as his gaze slowly shifted to the left, to a house placed right beside him. There he goes, his heart beating a race early in the morning. Chunji’s sight was locked on the boy who walked out gracefully, ruffling his curly red hair. Wearing only a white sheer tank top, it was his extremely good looking neighbor who was doing his daily chores. Taking out the paper while drinking a bottle of water on the way out when the red head noticed the obvious gawk chanhee gave. Throwing an appealing smirk towards the blonde lad, the neighbor slowly closes his door. Chunji quickly turned away, “omg!!” he thought to himself. He dashed inside, slamming his door and leaning against it. Chunji was so embarrassed, he could feel the hairs on his neck standing up. He instantly gathered his conscience and gets ready for another day at the salon.

It has been six months since chunji opened his salon in the suburbs, running a steady earning from his loyal customers. His salon was well know as the friendly salon which offers exceptional services, obviously as chunji was once the best hairstylist in Seoul a few year back. But due to all the stress and pressure from work, he decided to move to Busan for a more peaceful life. It was a day like any other. As he braces himself, suddenly the front door rang, chunji’s heart had stopped for a moment. He took a long breath and quickly exhaled, pasting a smile on his face he walked out the back office greeting a face so familiar. It was his neighbor, coming in for his daily hairstyle.

“Jonghyun-ssi, welcome. Like the usual??”

Chunji asked nervously, he never knew that he would fall for the red headed lad this bad. So bad that he could feel his heart thumping against his chest. The boy nodded in response as he gave chunji a devilish glare and a naughty smirk. Chunji was sure his heart died a few times already but with professional determination in his guts, the boy moved on making the already good looking customer more perfect. He was nervous and jonghyun could see it from chanhee’s avoiding gaze from the mirror. Chanhee was indeed shaking inside but somehow jonghyun had a way to make him feel rather comfortable. The red head was a master at conversation, making chanhee feeling like he could tell the boy anything. Each visit was a nerve-wrecking moment for chanhee but he never seemed to hate it. Instead, each day, it was a moment he would look forward to. The two young man was perfectly in a world of their own, chit chatting as if they were best friends.

When the service was done, chunji finished it with a tap on jonghyun’s shoulder. A subtle message informing the young lad that it was over. Jonghyun’s smile quickly faded as he pulls out his wallet, slipping a few won notes on chunji’s hand. When he suddenly grabbed it, holding chanhee’s palm tight.

“are you free this weekend? I have movie I wanted to watch but.. well..”

Chunji’s eyes widened as he tries to free his hand. Somehow the jonghyun’s stutters made his heart bloom, the boy was blushing. Since his effort was of no use, chunji swiftly puts another hand on changjo’s. jonghyun’s strong arms are nothing to be kid with, instead of fighting it chunji surrenders and looked right into the red head eyes, with a gentle gaze. Smiling while uttering words that made jonghyun’s red blushing cheeks, redder.

“yes sure. I would love to go with you”

“great. I’ll see you at home this Saturday, 8 pm”

Changjo’s grin was obvious and that made chanhee chuckled in amusement. Who would have thought that this red haired, y looking boy could make such a face.  


Finally it was the awaited weekend. Chunji was excited, the outfit he wore that day was indeed stylish. Wearing a snug white v-neck shirt and layered it with a grey wool hooded jacket pairing it with his favorite black skinnies making his long lean legs looking like it was miles long. He even put an effort to apply some bb cream, even when his skin was perfectly clear and smooth. He looked finer today than any other day.  

As he was nervously waiting for his neighbor, he looked around. Getting lost in busan’s beautiful scenery, he never regretted that trip he made a few years back. The trip that made him sure that this place was home, warm and forgiving. Reminiscing his memories, he was reminded of a customer he once served. Somehow that image made the blonde lad grin, how a country bum came to his showcase asking for help on his milk stained hair. And how the boy repaid him, giving chanhee a carton of fresh milk while bowing so low. Thanking chanhee repeatedly. It was a sweet memory which would always bring laughter into chanhee’s rough day. When suddenly he heard his name, being called..

“ yah LEE CHANHEE”

It was his prodigy, a young chic lady who once worked for him. Casually the young lady hugged the lad, kissing his cheeks. It has been too long, since those two met. He was so happy to see his colleague, he was jumping up and down.

Unfortunately, right at that moment. The moment when the girl’s lips touched chanhee’s milky cheeks, changjo had walked out the door. Seeing the boy he had like, continuously being touched by a pretty lady, it awakened his envy. He could feel blood rushing through his veins, like a volcano his heart was about to explode. He quickly dashed towards chanhee, grabbing the boy away from her arms and pulling him further. But before they disappear from the girl’s sight, changjo turned around and gave her a humble bow. The lady just looked in awe, confused.

Chanhee was just as confused. Changjo had held his hand tight all the way from their attached house to a field full of sunflowers. Along the way, the red haired boy never looked back instead, chanhee could feel jonghyun’s sweaty hands. Somehow, subtly trembling. It made chanhee smiled wider, his heart was warmer than the summer sun. but something was bothering the blonde haired boy, the way jonghyun bowed… it was so familiar.. as if he has seen it before.

When jonghyun finally stopped, he stood right in front of chanhee. Gently letting go of chunji’s hand, he looked down. Blinking and blinking, as if he was lost in words. Chanhee smiled once more, he knew of the boy’s emotion. Changjo was embarrassed with his hasty action and could not find a way to explain it. When chanhee noticed flaming passion in jonghyun’s shy deep eyes, the boy was taking out something from his pockets. It was a stack of post-it notes, with sweet uplifting message written on each page.

Chunji was astounded with what he was seeing. Chunji’s peering eyes made the red head boy more restless when he suddenly placed the notes on the ground and exhaled roughly.

“yes im the one who has been putting the notes on your milk every day. It weird I know but … well I just feel like I need to it. Don’t take it the wrong way but it was just a way for me to convey my gratitude. Im kinda indebt with you so..”

When chunji tried to remember it all over again he realized. He never subscribed to a milk delivery service before, the bottles of milk just came one day and never stopped. And the notes just came along with it. He looked up, staring relentlessly at the gorgeous boy’s face when he suddenly remembered… yes jonghyun reminded of him to someone……

“Yah! U’re the country kid that came to me with smelly milk stained hair right!!”

Changjo looked away, flustered. Swiftly, he swipes his fringe to side, avoiding chunji’s intense stare. That gesture looked so beautiful somehow it had distracted chanhee and even made the blonde lad flutter. Faking a cough, chanhee also moved his sight away, any more of the boy’s handsome face then he might really faint.

Realizing that chanhee was looking away, it brought concerns into jonghyun’s heart.. he gulped down his fear and said

“I.. I really admire you. The way you treat people with such kindness, it touched my heart..”

“and so if possible, I want to do that too. But instead of everyone, I wish I could warm your heart and your heart only. Because for me, your smile is really… *ehem* ..well beautiful”

Chunji’s heart felt like it was rained with warmth and grace. He could actually feel the happiness spreading across his body. So looking down, flustered he quietly whispered…

“only if you call me hyung”

It was a soft whisper but looking at jonghyun’s sparkling eyes, chunji was convinced that his heart was heard. So silently the boys moved their hand closer, holding each other.


Another morning came, this time chunji didn’t have to stumble to the door to get his daily milk anymore. It was placed right beside him, on the side table. A clear glass bottle filled with white pure milk, with a note saying :

“morning!! How was your night? Hehe today too I pray for your bright smiles”

“hairdresser hyung “

Chunji sipped the milk with a grin on his face. Smiling even to his eyes. After he finished the milk, he snuggled back into his bed. This time holding someone in his arms as he mover closer to that person’s forehead kissing subtly. Then his lips moved to that person’s ear, gently whispering…

“It was a great night, Jonghyun-yah. Kumawo"