Chapter 1

Grade A Romance

Again with all this racket! Hwayoung covered her ears, trying to block out the raging music going on next door. But enough was enough! Her homework crashed to the floor as she got up and headed out of her bedroom. After going through her house and walking out the front door, she slipped on her shoes then walked over to the house next door.

She was in her pajamas, a pair of light pink shorts and a white tshirt but that didn't stop her as she walked to the front door of the neighbor's house to bang her fist on the door a few times. A couple seconds later a man opened the door, the same age as Hwayoung. "I'm trying to do my homework, turn down the music!" She tried to yell over the blaring bass. But her words didn't seem to matter, since even if the music wasn't playing, the guy wouldn't listen to her anyway. He was too busy staring at her in shock almost as if he recognized her somehow.

Hwayoung had no idea who this guy was, why would she even associate with such a delinquent? His hair was dyed blonde, spiked up in various directions. He stepped out of his house, shutting the front door behind him to try to muffle the music. "I-it's you..." He muttered in disbelief. Hwayoung looked at him curiously, but she was getting creeped out by the way he was looking at her. "Yeah.. it's me?" What is he, pulling some sort of joke on her? "Just turn down the music." She repeated and turned, quickly walking back to her house. 

The guy watched her walk off, he was still in shock that it was her. Finally after a few seconds the door behind him opened to one of his friends, "Hey, Zico what are you doing? You're missin the party!" Zico turned, after having one last look at Hwayoung. He walked back inside.