5 Steps to get a Complete Stranger to Fall in Love with You

5 Steps to get a Complete Stranger to Fall in Love with You

5 Steps to get a Complete Stranger to Fall in Love with You

 

1. Get to Know the Person's Interests

Onew read off his printed copy of "Romance for Idiots: Like You!" He looked back up and crouched even closer to the ground as he peered through the bushes at the school sweetheart, Jonghyun.

Onew sighed happily as he saw the boy sitting on the park bench with his little sister (Onew had already figured out each of Jonghyun's family members by now) eating ice cream.

Onew made a little note titled 'INTERESTS' and added chocolate ice cream, hanging with sister, and parks. Onew also knew that he came every Tuesday and Thursday to the park, but on Thursdays, he would bring his sister and baby brother.

After following the siblings to the library (where Jonghyun would stay for seven to ten minutes exactly), Onew saw that Jonghyun first headed towards the mystery section.

Peeking through the "Goosebumps" series, Onew furrowed his eyebrows. It had almost been ten minutes, yet it didn't seem like Jonghyun would pull his handsome nose out of the book.

Onew started counting down nervously. He so dearly wished that none of his observations had been wrong.

"T-minus fifteen seconds"

Jonghyun lazily flipped a page and skimmed through the text.

"Ten seconds"

Didn't seem like he liked the book at all (poor thing, Onew absentmindedly commented) as Jonghyun's face distorted and he hurriedly put the book back.

"Six seconds, oh god,"

Jonghyun casually stuck his hands in his pockets (to which Onew made a silent noise which would have sounded like a sea lion if it weren't for the fact he had to be quiet) as he slowly walked backwards, still eyeing the bookcase.

"Four, three, two...”

"How about we go home now?" Jonghyun asked the little girl as they headed towards the exit.

Onew sighed in relief. 

 

2. Introduce Yourself in the most Memorable Way

Onew tucked the list into his pocket as he shrugged back his shoulders and stretched his arms in preparation. He breathed in deeply and smoothed out his purple track suit (which was two sizes larger than he was but that was not important). Jonghyun was about to jog past the corner where Onew was waiting and as he did Onew couldn't help but take a quick, slow-motion sniff at the wood-y fragrance of the boy's.

He fell into place about five feet behind Jonghyun, who soon craned his neck around and smiled a greeting.

Onew (who had to first recover from his mini heart attack but failed to successfully do so) giggled and said quite loudly, "Hi there I'm Onew-aH OH MY GOD,"

He knew his track pants were too big, and he also knew he should have worn a belt. 

 

3. Impress Him/Her. Make Yourself Stand out from the Crowd

Onew broke out of his trance (in which he was staring at Jonghyun's broad back in algebra class) and mustered up courage and pride which seemed to have deflated after the horrid incident four and a half weeks ago.

He tapped the boy's shoulder and the latter looked back with his eyebrows raises in question.

"I'm really talented, y'know."

A pause. "Oh?"

"Yeah, I can crack a walnut with my bare hands."

"Oh,"

"I can also juggle pencils,"

"Well,"

"Wanna see?"

"Actually, I don't think that's NO SERIOUSLY I DON'T THINK THAT'S SAFE, NO YOU CAN'T TAKE MY PENCIL THAT'S MY ONLY-"

Onew walked home that afternoon with a pencil mark on his left hand and a green pencil clutched closely to his chest. 

Jonghyun, on the other hand, was at the bus stop, looking through his backpack because he seemingly lost his only pencil.

 

4. Offer to go to a Place you Both Enjoy.

"Wanna go to the skating rink with me?"

"Um, no thanks..?"

"Very well," Onew responded with a stoic expression, sliding back into the trees while Jonghyun looked on with something that resembled fear. 

 

5. Become Friends; this is the Best Way to a Person's Heart

Onew tapped his foot on the wooden porch in front of Jonghyun's house as he waited for the boy to return from soccer practice (which, on a side note, did not require the height advantage)

The boy jogged up the sidewalk and as he neared the porch, he swung his backpack over his shoulder, and looked up. He saw Onew waving at him and froze, key in hand.

Onew pranced, (yes, the senior student pranced) up to the boy and stuck out his hand.

"I am Lee Jinki and now that we have reached the level of acquaintanceship I ask of you to call me Onew,"

Jonghyun stared at him in a mix of shock and disturbance because how the hell did this guy find his address?

Onew chuckle with a slight shake of his head and grabbed the younger's hand, shaking it gently.

"I have a nice feeling that time will move pleasantly slowly for the two of us. I don't want to rush things so how about we take things slow? We shall start off as friends."

Onew was later confused as to why Jonghyun had suddenly decided to fall onto the concrete ground face down and didn't wake up. But Onew did know that this seemed like the start of a beautiful friendship, and maybe more. 


SEQUEL

I'll be adding this to my Drabble Dump.

and

i don't even know.