final

bunny hop

it's been at least three months since daniel had been placed in the dreaded glass confinements with other rabbits and life is terrible. the bedding is too itchy, the food they get is bland and he misses the carrots and fresh, green lettuce his previous owner would give him and everyone in the same pen as him is annoying.

chanhee, an argente creme apparently, french, how fancy, never shuts up and complains about how the bedding would cling to his perfect, white fur. jonghyun, the english spot, only cares for himself and never shares his food. changyun, the lionhead rabbit, cries to jonghyun, who looks like he doesn't give a , about how he misses his mom. and minsoo, the other english lop, sleeps in his corner. he really hates the current rabbits residing in the same pen as him.

he hopes that stupid human, his name is andy, sunho or something like that, doesn't put another rabbit in the same pen as him because he swears to god if he does, he'll bite his hand. but sadly for daniel, they get another residence in their already cramped pen. a netherland dwarf by the name of byunghun and honestly he's kinda cute.

daniel's still going to bite sunho's hand.

changyun's the first to greet byunghun, who looks a bit lost and scared. "hi," changyun happily chirps, "i'm changyun, welcome to top percent pets."

"uh, hi changyun," the newcomer says a bit stiffly, "i'm byunghun."

changyun's expression brightens and he beams at the netherland dwarf, daniel thinks he's going to be sick. "it's nice knowing that you're nice, everyone else is mean."

daniel shoots changyun a glare and the lionhead hops closer to byunghun and hides behind him.

"see, mean," he whispers. "i'll introduce you to everyone!"

byunghun just nods and watches changyun hop around, introducing everyone to him.

"the one that was glaring at me is daniel," he says, "he's one of the two english lops, the other is minsoo, the one sleeping over there in the corner. jonghyun's the english spot, he's my age, only a couple months older and he always bullies me." changyun looks down at the floor sadly, "but that's okay, you're going to be my new best friend!"

"um, sure?" byunghun agrees with slight hesitation.

daniel snorts, he doesn't think that'll happen.

"chanhee's the white rabbit over there, apparently he's a argente creme, he's a bit stuck up and doesn't really shut up," changyun says, pointing an ear at the white rabbit that was currently grooming its fur. chanhee looks up and glares at changyun.

"and then there's me! i'm a lionhead, i know my breed is a lionhead and you'd think i'd be bigger, but no, i'm just a small, tiny rabbit," he sadly says, "i wish i were bigger."

byunghun hops over to daniel. "is he always like that," he whispers.

"it's worse when he's crying to jonghyun about his mom," daniel answers.

"i see."

daniel stares at byunghun. he really wants to flop around and maybe lie on top of the small netherland dwarf. he's so small and cute and white, and he looks really fluffy, did he just call the newcomer cute and fluffy. oh god, he thinks, he so did not just think that.

"you," he says, "don't come anywhere near me."

byunghun looks up and gives him this cute look, his life. "why not?" he asks.

"because--" what's an excuse for byunghun not to get anywhere close to him, none. his life, the human that constantly brought in new rabbits. "your cute is contagious," he ends up saying and he wants to bury himself under all the wood shaving minsoo always sleeps in.

"uh."

"don't say another word," he hisses out, slowly shuffling away from the netherland dwarf.

"but--"

daniel quickly leaps away and buries himself in between chanhee and minsoo. he hates his life, why does sunho have to bring in so many new rabbits, why does byunghun have to be so cute and small and fluffy. oh god, he really wants to bite sunho's hand now.