Han Yume

Dreamcatcher

Each person’s dreams are unique; no other individual can have your personal background, your emotions, or your experiences. People dream when they sleep. They go into a state of mind where images, emotions and sensation that occur involuntarily in the mind during sleep.

Year 2845 , where all children from the age of 5 – 19 years old is captured and trapped in Centre Core. They’re called Dreamers.

Those children are treated like pets. They are given food to eat, activities to play and live a happy life in Centre Core. However, they dreaded sleep. When night comes, they are have to sleep. It is nature’s law. When they wake up, their dream was extracted from them, kept in a special container and sold to people who wanted to buy their dreams and make it their own.

Only the rich could afford to buy dreams, they’re expensive and extremely fragile. At the age of 19, the children are released from Centre Core but they do not live the same anymore for they do not dream. Being in Centre Core for 14 years drains their life. Not many are able to make it out alive and happy.

However, not all children are being taken to Centre Core. The rich, wealthy and elite are safe from it. They could offer a sum of 2 million just to keep their children safe and away from the Dreamcatchers; people who wor for the centre, capturing children and bringing them in as pets.

---

Han Yume; You woke up on a bright morning. The sun shone through the binds of your window as you sat up of bed groggily. *What a nice dream I had* You smiled to herself until a device on your left wrist beeped, your face paled.

You clambered out of bed and rushed to get ready before the Dreamcatchers come. Whenever the device beeps, it indicated that the Dreamer has woken up. It also reminds the Dreamer that she has to get ready before the Dreamcatchers comes in and take her away for the Extraction process.

You stood at the door in your white mid-length dress, waiting for the Dreamcatcher. The things is, you have to be on the good side of them or you’ll face the worse as you have seen it. You tucked your long brown locks behind your ear as the door to your cell opened.

Two men dressed in Dreamcatcher’s uniform approached you and without a word, they took you to the Extracting Room. You followed them quietly and obediently. Every step you took, your breath turned shaky fearing for what it is to come. You knew how much it would hurt, you know how much you would have to endure, you knew how much you should fear.

As you got closer to the Extraction Room, your knees buckled but you had to carry on walking. Every step you took becomes slower and slower until a point where you are dragging your feet on the floor. Your face paled as your eyes shook in fear as you was shoved through the door.

Doctor Ji welcomed you with a warm smile but you knew better than to believe in that warm smile.

“Welcome, Yume. Always our best Dreamer. I believe you had a nice dream last night too.” Doctor Ji’s two nurses strapped you onto the machine’s chair. As much as you wanted to struggle, you wouldn’t do it for you don’t want to be punished. In your 12 years living in Centre Core, you knew how cruel the people can be.

Your arms are tied on to the arm rest of the chair while your body was lifted then laid straight on the soft leather chair. One of the nurses placed an oxygen mask over your face while another placed a helmet-shaped machine over her head.

“This is going to hurt for a while” Doctor Ji smiled as she started the machine. Your palms start to sweat as you kept inhaling more oxygen. The machine rumbled as the extraction process start.

Your mind went blank as you felt a sharp pain bolting through the nerves of your brain. You let out a piercing scream and saw white before passing out, as usual.

---

“Han Yume. Han Yume.” you could hear Doctor Ji calling your name as you tried opening her eyes, now shaking and filled with tears.

“You may go back to your room.” Doctor Ji said has she helped you out of a sick bed. You staggered to gain your posture as you wobbled your way out. Two Dreamcatchers escorted you back to your cell and you are greeted with a table full of breakfast; omelette, bread, butter, jam, soup and some fruits.

Closing her door, she sat down and stared at her food, her appetite gone after the extraction process.

Han Yume; You, are treated differently. Your dreams are the best sellers. They are always sold off at a high price. And because of that, you are one of the best. Among all the Dreamers, you are the one with privilege. Your cell was decorated lavishly, you are given the best meals every day, you are given time to pamper  yourself with books, movies and games unlike the others.

Despite all these, you hated this place. This rotten place where every child’s freedom and dreams are stripped away from them, you loathed it.

 Your hands balled into a fist.

‘I want to escape.’

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the first chapter!

what do you think?

pelase leave comments and subscribe! ^^