one second

April Fools

A bouquet of flowers, ah no-no ..
just one flower is enough ..
One sec-
One second ..
Please ..
.
.
.
Wonwoo indeed a fraud, he admitted it. His innocent face always covers up his lies. Isn’t it so easy to lie? Wonwoo just need to open his mouth and the words are full of crap will flow by itself as swift flow of water. Once he lied, he will never stop, cover old lies with new lies.
Of course his friends felt disgusted with him, but then he was a good speaker. Crap that comes out of the lips Wonwoo precisely the conversation that is considered attractive. But not for Mingyu.
People must have thought, Mingyu must be very stupid being a good friend with Wonwoo. Maybe Mingyu is stupid but innocent face and confident behind the sweet words, he knows the real Jeon Wonwoo is still there.
For Mingyu, Wonwoo is a good kid, with a sweet face and he is the perfect figure in his eyes.
Wonwoo always try to play hide and seek or just swinging in the park near his house. Wonwoo never laughed while he’s crying, he would only say, "your face is ugly when you cry, stupid." then let Mingyu up alone. Wonwoo will be the first to praise him and hugged him. Wonwoo also always make time to accompany him to buy his favorite Latte.

Mingyu do not understand why Wonwoo changed, maybe right time can change everything. Wonwoo insincere laughter, harsh words, and the lies that tarnish sweet angelic face Wonwoo make Mingyu feel disappointed.
Wonwoo has repeatedly cheat on Mingyu, many times also Mingyu forgive him. Mingyu sometimes comes to mind, what kind of friend who could deceive his best friend? Is not in a relationship of mutual trust is needed? Do you still believe in Wonwoo, Mingyu?
I do not know, Mingyu itself did not already know. Probably since the beginning Wonwoo was never considered a friend. And Mingyu knew he felt the same way-it's just for different reasons.
Mingyu might not stupid-maybe he is stupid, because he fell in love with his best friend who is clearly an impostor.
Because there are no words that more painful than a cold and sweet nonsense.
.
Mingyu stepped into the park near his house, he already knew the figure would be there, sitting alone on the porch swing, looking at the ground. Wonwoo really good at lying, but he was never good at hiding.
"What are you doing here, hyung?" Mingyu asked, making Wonwoo turned towards it.
Wonwoo shocked expression quickly turned into an innocent smile.


I was just thinking about you

"swinging and thinking about dinner menu today."
"Liar," for Mingyu that statement.
Wonwoo chuckle, "if you know I'm lying then why are you still asking?"
Mingyu paused, "I just want Wonwoo-hyung tell the truth to me."

 

I wish I could be honest with you

 "You have not changed," Wonwoo stop swinging then patted his shoulder softly Mingyu.
"Wonwoo-hyung're adults, until when hyung will continue to behave like this?" Mingyu could not hide his frustration, "until when you want to keep lying?"

 

I do not know, I just can not stop lying.

Wonwoo just shook his head slowly.
Mingyu sighed, "do you know the story of the boy who cried wolf, hyung?"

 

I knew.

But Wonwoo shook his head again.
"The story was about a shepherd boy who repeatedly cheats and tricks that village residents flock being attacked by wolves. When finally the wolf actually came, no one villager who want to help him because there is no more that believe in him and the shepherd boy had lost all his sheep, "Mingyu finished his story," Do you know what I mean? If hyung always lying, someday when hyung telling the truth no one will believe it. "
Wonwoo just laughed,

I knew you would always believe in me.

"just relax, Mingyu."
"I'm serious hyung!" Mingyu looks really annoyed.

"Yo .. Wonwoo," Hansol patted his back while walking in the school corridor.
"Call me hyung," Wonwoo said coldly.
"Okay, errata, Wonwoo-hyung," Hansol smiled, "So you have no plans this Sunday?"
"Sorry, my date list is full for this week, if you want to ask me out maybe next month I'm vacant," shrugged Wonwoo relaxed.
"Liar," Hansol rolled his eyes, "I know you do not have a date this week, because everyone was I invited to my party."
"your birthday? Funny last January I think we have just celebrated, exactly how many times did you celebrate your birthday in a year?" Wonwoo frowned and then laughed a little.
"Do not play dumb," Hansol put his arm around his shoulder, "it's Sunday night April Fool, oh, come on, you'll be a guest star, I can’t wait to hear a joke from you."
"How are you going to pay me?"
"Hmm .. you know, that cool kid who you like will come, it is very difficult to invite him, the Kim Min-hmmff .." Wonwoo rush Hansol mouth to shut.
"Shrink your voice," Wonwoo said quickly, throwing innocent smile at people passing by and looked at them quizzically.
Wonwoo immediately removed his hand from Hansol mouth. Hansol did not waste the opportunity to open his mouth, this time whispering, "I heard he likes some kind of flowers. Wonwoo Bye! "
Hansol blinking and ran, laughing before Wonwoo could throw the shoes.
"How many times must I tell you? Call me hyung!"
.
Today was the thirty-first of March. Just a regular day and evening Wonwoo found himself sitting on a swing. Since a few hours ago he had been at a party, and he remembered what Hansol said. Mingyu love flowers? Why could he not know? Wonwoo probably did not know anything about Mingyu. Wonwoo swinging slowly and leave a trail dragged on the ground, making his white shoes stained with friction grains of sand.
"Hyung!" Mingyu suddenly there beside him.
"Hey,"
"Hyung, Hansol was very angry because hyung did not come to the party?" Mingyu sat on the swing next to him.

 

I went looking for flowers for you

"You come to the party? I think you do not like parties."
"I came because I think hyung will be there. Instead I do not like parties, I just do not like it if you will embarrass yourself with your jokes."

 

So you really came.

 
"hyung, why don’t you come?"

 

I've been searching all over the florist in town but they ran out of interest, because I was tired I sit and rest here,

"I was just not feeling well, I slept all day and only come out because I'm bored."
"Hyung lied again!" Mingyu snorted, "I've been calling, and your mom told you hyung gone since noon."
"You know? I just want to play hide and seek with you, like when we were young."
"Hyung does not change, You are bad at hiding, it’s easy to find you."

 

That's because I want you to find me quickly.

Wonwoo not answer.
This time Mingyu stops swinging, he stood before Wonwoo, make Wonwoo stop his swing, "hyung could not lie for once?"
"Please, be honest with me once, I’m tired of this hyung, kay."
"All right," Wonwoo staring fixedly Mingyu, "you want me to tell the truth, right?"
Mingyu nodded.
Wonwoo stood up and grabbed Mingyu face with both hands, "I love you, Kim Mingyu."
Mingyu just stared at wonwoo, they stared at each other but with different emotions. Wonwoo look perfectly cold and empty, while the gaze Mingyu could not hide his surprise.
"I .." Mingyu looked nervous, his eyes began to avoid Wonwoo’s gaze. Mingyu Looked at Wonwoo’s watches.

Pass midnight. meaning, today is the April Fools.
Mingyu feel the cruel reality hit him, and then he laughed.
"That's enough. This is too much."
"Mingyu .."
"Just one request hyung, please do not hold your laugh. Laugh as I walked away" Mingyu cut Wonwoo words, shaking his head with both his eyes were filled with tears, "haha .. . stupid me"

 

Why hyung? Why?
 

"I-I hate you, hyung!"
Mingyu then ran left Wonwoo. Wonwoo try to catch him, but Mingyu kept running.
.
Wonwoo calling his name, command him to stop running. But enough is enough. Mingyu put his headphones let the music drown out Wonwoo’s voice. Mingyu already do not want to hear anymore lies. Tears began to blur vision, making him stumble and fall, but Mingyu ran again before Wonwoo could touch it.
"Mingyu! Stop!" Wonwoo heard faint cries.
Do not stop.
"Mingyu! Beware the car!" Wonwoo shouted back, this time more clearly.
I will not be fooled again, hyung. Mingyu keep running.
"Mingyu!"
.
One sec-
Just in a second, the bright lights blinded him, later he felt something pushing his back hard, and then he fell forward on the cold asphalt.
Sound of the car braked and the other sound that mingyu didn’t want to hear. Mingyu turned around-  there is no car, it all feels like a dream, there were a figure lying on the asphalt. It’s not him. It was wonwoo.
Mingyu rose with trembling feet, but fell again because his legs unable to support his weight. Mingyu crawl, slowly, avoiding shards of glass were scattered everywhere, Mingyu hug him tightly, get rid of hair stuck in his face because the blood is sticky and thick red-clear Mingyu know that face, the face of the person he loved-Wonwoo.
Mingyu hugged him, very tightly until his fingers turned white, letting Wonwoo blood leak on his shirt-warm on his skin.

 

Yeah a second-
 

It only took a second to make Kim Mingyu world break apart.
.
.
.

One year later, on the same day


1st April is only less than a minute, just a normal day and at the same time at cold night. But everything is not going to taste the same. A year has passed, the time is running too fast or does Mingyu no longer able to feel anything? Mingyu running again and tightened his jacket he was wearing, avoid cold winds that blow. The park was still a favorite place.
Mingyu stared at the ground beneath him blankly, kicking some small rocks, and wondered to himself why Wonwoo really like staring at the ground.
When he step closer towards the swings where they often spend time, Mingyu stopped. There is a pair of white shoes.

 

Mingyu raised his head.

He could have sworn he saw the same figure, the same white shoes, the same watches, the same innocent face, the same blank stare, even the same cold eyes, the same sweet smile, stupid.
Then it is clear droplets fall to the ground.
Mingyu closing his eyes in disbelief, as he opened his eyes, Wonwoo was not there.
Dream? No-
Mingyu stepped slowly, to the bench swing. There is a flower in the bench swing. Mingyu take it slowly, fell to his knees. Tears dropped from his eyes again.
"I know," Mingyu broken and hoarse voice, "I'm sorry, I-I was stupid."

"I should not say I hate hyung," his tears fell without being able to control it, "I'm supposed to trust you, hyung."
Mingyu hugged the flowers carefully, "I never hated you, hyung .. I love you so much."
If there are people who crossed the park they would surely think that Mingyu crazy, because Mingyu was crying while hugging a flower and speak for no ones. But if they walked closer they will hear the melodious sound of laughter, as well as a few words-

 

I love you too, so much.
.
One sec-
True, one second is enough