because of the snow

ON A SNOWY DAY

 

SUZY'S POV

Nope it’s not any ordinary day, not like yesterday, not like the day before but a snowy day. The beautiful white snowflakes landing slowly but surely on to the houses, roads and trees. Making everything look like it’s covered in white soft blanket. Yes today is the kind of day that reminds me of you.

Remember how we first met? We first met on a snowy day.

Children’s laughter filled the air as a sweet aroma of chocolate chip cookies drifted into my nose. It was a perfect way to begin the snowy season. Winter was my favorite season because everything looks like it’s covered in a soft white blanket, forever and ever protected in a warm and cozy embrace.

As I stepped into the cooling winter air, I was only to be greeted with the beautiful melody of the piano softly playing. The beautiful sight of the neighborhood’s children building snowmen and making snow angels brought me back to those memories of my childhood.

As I walked down the white street, an old lady approached me with cupcakes. The cupcakes were decorated to match the snowy season. I gladly took one and thanked her as I continue making my way.

The cupcakes taste lingered in my mouth as I spotted it. The peppermint tree. The same tree that I grew up with. That same tree where we first met, that same tree where u confessed, that same tree where u proposed, that same tree we celebrated our first anniversary.  Memories of us, together, flashed across my mind. I miss u, I miss us. Looking,back I guess I treasured u more than u treasured me. I just couldn’t let go of u, of us.

I wondered, do u still remember this place? Did u still remember all the memories and the blissful moments we had here?  Most importantly, do you remember me?

These were the unanswered questions that never left my head.  These were questions that made me realized what I really meant to you.  I looked up only to see the white snow gently yet gracefully floating down but this reminded me of what you promised me. “Always remember snow represents us, represent you” that was the sentence you told me, that was the sentence u engrave in my heart and on me wedding ring. The ring which I now where as a necklace, the memories and the snow will forever remind me of you. My love for you is undying but your love for me faded like how winter ends and spring comes…

I love you, Kim myungsoo and I hope you know that I always will. 


myungsoo's pov

Looking out of my window again, I immediately caught side of the first few snowflakes.  It’s this time of the year again, its winter. It’s not just snow and cold but it’s special for me because at the start of winter is your birthday. I remember you telling e that on the first time we met. It registered in my mind immediately and I never forgot it even if I tried.

For a 10 year old kid, I can’t remember anything but everything related to you. Your birthday, your likes, your dislikes… everything about you.  

I grabbed my coat and walked out of infinites dorm. Beautiful white snow was falling; I walked and walked until I finally came to that tree.  That peppermint tree was the place that we first met, where I confessed and where I proposed also the place where I celebrated our first year anniversary. This place was the most important place for us because it represents our love.  As I approached the tree, I saw you. I guess you never forgot me, forgot here, forgot us.

I hid behind the trees as I observed you like the way I did before you befriended me.

You were crying, I wanted to run to you, to embrace you and to tell you that I still love you and I will love you forever.

As you slowly walked around the tree and embracing every memory that you could remember. You were wearing a necklace which now held our wedding ring. I miss you, I miss us. I’m sorry for leaving you, I’m sorry for leaving us. If I could rewind time I would never allow you to leave me and I would never be crying on this snowy day.

“Always remember that snow represent us, represent you.” Do you still remember that?  That was the sentence that I spend a lot of money on to engrave on our wedding ring.

“I love you Kim myungsoo” you said softly as you crouch down in front of the tree. I love you too, Suzy, and I really do.